Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#1 OSU vs. #4 St. John's game thread

Started by GatorHog, May 31, 2015, 12:18:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GatorHog

Hassel gets a base hit to deep short/third

GatorHog

Quote from: theenemy on May 31, 2015, 02:04:37 pm
Man I'm a little worried that against Okie State we will get squeezed at the plate.

Anyone watching how has the umping behind the plate been?

Haven't heard too much rumbling from the crowd, which might be bad.  From what I can tell, he likes the low pitches, but what I've seen has been over the plate

Tusks

When was the last the hogs have lost 2 in row to the same team......long long time.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

GatorHog

3-spot Walton walks, men on 1st and 2nd, only 1 down

GatorHog

Call to the pen for SJU - great outing from Kalica

In to pitch:  Hackimer, 3-1 on the season, 2.02 ERA in 49 innings pitched, opponents hitting .173 against him

onebadrubi

Quote from: GatorHog on May 31, 2015, 02:08:56 pm
Call to the pen for SJU - great outing from Kalica

In to pitch:  Hackimer, 3-1 on the season, 2.02 ERA in 49 innings pitched, opponents hitting .173 against him

We need BOTH teams to burn a few bullpen arms in this game.  The bats need to get warm

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: tusked on May 31, 2015, 02:06:13 pm
When was the last the hogs have lost 2 in row to the same team......long long time.

True....but if it goes to Monday its anybodies game to win.  Just hope the Umps don't force a Monday game.

LSPRazorbac

Lets go St. Johns lets get some runs here!

GatorHog

Double-play shuts it down!

Bottom 8, due up for the Red Storm:

7-8-9 (1-6 today)

Maddhog

While he's warming - if you follow football recruiting - there is really good reason to HOPE for outstanding news.  HOPEfully soon. 
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

GatorHog

Trey Cobb on to pitch for the Pokes

5-1, 2.34 ERA, opp. avg - .217

King

Quote from: GatorHog on May 31, 2015, 02:06:03 pm
Haven't heard too much rumbling from the crowd, which might be bad.  From what I can tell, he likes the low pitches, but what I've seen has been over the plate

Won't they rotate another ump to behind the plate for our game?

GatorHog

Brocato beaned to lead things off for SJU, man on 1st, 0 outs

jry04

Quote from: JonClaudeVanHam on May 31, 2015, 01:59:41 pm
Yes, but people keep posting as if Perrin or Freeman is coming back Monday. They're not. We're shorthanded, yes, but so are they. Their shorthanded is better than our shorthanded, though, I agree.
The thing is, I feel like we are REALLY short handed. They aren't that shorthanded. Cobb threw 40 pitches on Friday. He is their best reliever, with a sub 2 ERA. He is available today. They threw Reed yesterday for 30 pitches. They have used 2 relief pitchers so far, and they are almost through 3 games. Are they going to be hurting on starting pitching? Yes. However, so are we considering Teague, Killian, Taco, Jackson, and McKinney will not be available today. We will be starting our #5 option with our best relief pitcher not being available today. They will start their #4 option, with their top 2 relief pitchers being available. I am not saying we are in trouble, but despite playing an additional game, with the injury of Taco, OSU is in a better position than us from  a pitching standpoint.

GatorHog

Pinch runner for Brocato is TANNER ENGLISH Galazin

BroyledNutts

That's a start! Any way we can get runners....

jry04

GREAT sign here. Cobb is in. That is huge news for us. So Costello, Perrin, Freeman, and Cobb will likely be unavailable. He is their best reliever, so it is huge to get him out of the pen in this game, and not ours.

fanofthehog

Quote from: GatorHog on May 31, 2015, 02:14:49 pm
Pinch runner for Brocato is TANNER ENGLISH Galazin
English would score twice on a single!

GatorHog

Sac bunt fails, lead runner out at 2nd

GatorHog

Knightes steals second base, so the previous play is a wash

popcornhog

That maybe should've been a double play on the slide there.
WPS

GatorHog

9-hitter Sanchez bats (.219), then Caruso (.385) - two shots here

popcornhog

Damn, I just saw the steal.

I guess I'm a good 20 seconds behind on my feed.
WPS

GatorHog

Sanches strikes out, 2 down, Caruso is 1-2 today, SJU's best hitter

CJ HOG

Quote from: tusked on May 31, 2015, 02:06:13 pm
FWIW...Other than a pair of midweek games to Gonzaga back in March, any back to back losses by the Hogs have involved a top 10 opponent in them. On the downside we always had Taco available in the rotation during that span.

GatorHog

Quote from: popcornhog on May 31, 2015, 02:18:07 pm
Damn, I just saw the steal.

I guess I'm a good 20 seconds behind on my feed.

I'm picking up action off of D1's gamecast, which is ahead of ESPN3

popcornhog

Quote from: GatorHog on May 31, 2015, 02:18:50 pm
Sanches strikes out, 2 down, Caruso is 1-2 today, SJU's best hitter

I'm even farther behind than I thought.

I gotta get out of this thread. I guess my watch ESPN feed is crap.
WPS

BroyledNutts

Quote from: jry04 on May 31, 2015, 02:14:15 pm
The thing is, I feel like we are REALLY short handed. They aren't that shorthanded. Cobb threw 40 pitches on Friday. He is their best reliever, with a sub 2 ERA. He is available today. They threw Reed yesterday for 30 pitches. They have used 2 relief pitchers so far, and they are almost through 3 games. Are they going to be hurting on starting pitching? Yes. However, so are we considering Teague, Killian, Taco, Jackson, and McKinney will not be available today. We will be starting our #5 option with our best relief pitcher not being available today. They will start their #4 option, with their top 2 relief pitchers being available. I am not saying we are in trouble, but despite playing an additional game, with the injury of Taco, OSU is in a better position than us from  a pitching standpoint.

Well Cobb is being used now...

Taco is not available today - everyone else is....even if it's for one inning, one batter, whatever. Today is Johnny Wholestaff day. Win today and we don't worry about tomorrow - everyone gets to rest.

There are no tired arms today. Everybody goes.

popcornhog

Quote from: GatorHog on May 31, 2015, 02:19:30 pm
I'm picking up action off of D1's gamecast, which is ahead of ESPN3

Gotcha.
WPS

Maddhog

GatorHog

Caruso draws a walk, 2 down, men on 1st and 2nd for Wayman (.330), 0-3 today.  OSU leads 1-0

dotnet

Quote from: BroyledNutts on May 31, 2015, 02:19:58 pm
Well Cobb is being used now...

Taco is not available today - everyone else is....even if it's for one inning, one batter, whatever. Today is Johnny Wholestaff day. Win today and we don't worry about tomorrow - everyone gets to rest.

There are no tired arms today. Everybody goes.

Maybe.  This sounds good, but there is still a chance of tomorrow.  you got that benefit by winning yesterday. 

So if you want to pitch TK for a rough inning today vs for a higher quality two innings tomorrow you can.  Or if you want to hold Jackson who has thrown 70ish pitches the first two days for a day and then pitch him a couple of innings tomorrow then you can. 

I would guess it depends on how the game is going.  If you're up 2 or 3 in the 6th then you probably throw whoever trying to win it. 

LSPRazorbac

GatorHog

WAYMAN SINGLES UP THE MIDDLE -- TIE GAME, 1-1!!

dotnet

LSPRazorbac

Maddhog

razorbackfan86

Quote from: GatorHog on May 31, 2015, 02:25:26 pm
WAYMAN SINGLES UP THE MIDDLE -- TIE GAME, 1-1!!

Cool. Now lets go 19.

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

CJ HOG

There we go....now lets keep it tied for 6 or 7 more innings!!!

Kenny Dowell Loggains

popcornhog

Nice!

Let's keep it tied up and go into extras!
WPS

GatorHog

Donadio bats for SJU with men on 1st and 2nd, 2 down

tennesseehogwild

LSPRazorbac

Wayman fouled off 3 strikes before he got one he could send back up the middle

hogs5204

SJ ties game  1-1, bottom 8th.  2 outs, 2 men on base  1st and 2nd for SJ

tennesseehogwild

GatorHog

DONADIO SINGLES, ANOTHER RUN SCORES, 2-1 SJU!!

mecoach

Maddhog