Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#Common Auburn football players at it again

Started by MissippHog, February 18, 2015, 02:13:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 18, 2015, 12:56:41 pm
Where is the president of the university during all of this? 

He's making sure the ATM in the players locker room is full of $100 bills.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Huckleberry Pig

Hate that damn school.  Trashy - all of them.  And it starts from the top.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 18, 2015, 12:37:29 pm
Conque is no longer at UCA.  UCA is in really good hands with Steve Campbell.

So, now Steve Cambell is the greatest coach in the history of football?
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 18, 2015, 12:37:29 pm
Conque is no longer at UCA.  UCA is in really good hands with Steve Campbell.

Was Conque retired directly to the HOF?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

26.2Hog

BearsBisonsBoars

I'm looking forward to watching the men on our OL knock these boys on their asses next fall.

Artex501

Those two better hope the wrong... Or right people in this case don't decide to get some payback, this isn't something certain groups will take lightly

Albert Einswine

Easy fellas, this the righteous Auburn y'all are talking about.

Just remember, it's "a God thing" as saints Chizik and Gustafus would remind us all...
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

gawntrail

YankHog

No Kicking them off the team would NOT be too harsh......Some of these kids come into programs highly recruited and have an entitlement mentality and nothing happening to them further perpetuates that.  Kick them off the team and give their scholarships to someone deserving.  And I would want these two scumbags to lead the stuff burning detail in my Army......let them go flip burgers IF they can get hired...

JansterZ71

It's starting to come out that the so called "Vet" is crazy and that all the football players did was try to pet her dog.  She's mentally unstable and was discharged from the air force shortly after basic training for mental issues.  Crazy story.  The incident happened in the library and there is a video.  Some people are just crazy.
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

YankHog

Wildhog

Quote from: JansterZ71 on February 18, 2015, 02:19:48 pm
It's starting to come out that the so called "Vet" is crazy and that all the football players did was try to pet her dog.  She's mentally unstable and was discharged from the air force shortly after basic training for mental issues.  Crazy story.  The incident happened in the library and there is a video.  Some people are just crazy.

Sexual assault can absolutely have a devastating effect on someone's mental state.  But I'm not surprised the smear campaign has begun.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PORKULATOR

Classy isn't what they recruit. They recruit swagger and speed
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Wildhog on February 18, 2015, 02:27:29 pm
Sexual assault can absolutely have a devastating effect on someone's mental state.  But I'm not surprised the smear campaign has begun.

They're slipping. Should have broke the smear campaign in front of the actual story.

"High School"
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Hoggish1

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 18, 2015, 01:01:06 pm
He's making sure the ATM in the players locker room is full of $100 bills.

No doubt he is the one that actually fills the machine with hundreds every morning.

ricepig

I guess Gus apologized for no reason, unlike him........

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 18, 2015, 11:06:24 am
Well, her PTSD isn't from combat, it's from being sexually assaulted in the military.  So yeah, I'm not sure your suggestion is a great idea.  Plus sending folks to the military as punishment isn't all that effective.
Well at least she served her country. If form holds true the only thing these two AWbarn POSs will serve is time in the slammer.

JansterZ71

Meh no one here knows the whole story just yet.  But seems like political correctness is hurting Auburn here.  Someone who is prescribed 7 different medicines a day for mental illness does not belong in normal society.  Someone with high social anxiety as she put it does not belong in college on Tax Payers money.
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

JansterZ71

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 18, 2015, 02:48:55 pm
We at least she served her country. If form holds true the only thing these two AWbarn POSs will serve is time in the pokey.

Well that's the thing... She didn't serve our country.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: JansterZ71 on February 18, 2015, 02:50:32 pm
Meh no one here knows the whole story just yet.  But seems like political correctness is hurting Auburn here.  Someone who is prescribed 7 different medicines a day for mental illness does not belong in normal society.  Someone with high social anxiety as she put it does not belong in college on Tax Payers money.

Here's the auburn class we know and expect. Way to own it.

JansterZ71

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: JansterZ71 on February 18, 2015, 02:51:24 pm
Well that's the thing... She didn't serve our country.
IF you go back and check the original post I believe you'll see it mentions she was in the military. IF that's correct then the common expression is that an individual "served his/her country". IF she she wasn't in the military in any way, shape, or form then you're correct: she didn't serve her (our) country. Be that or not it's still a POS way to act; in other words, the AWbarn way.

JansterZ71

Quote from: Albert Einswine on February 18, 2015, 02:52:05 pm

Here's the auburn class we know and expect. Way to own it.
this girl needs obvious help.  She's crying out for help so let's get Her the help she needs.

JansterZ71

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 18, 2015, 02:57:03 pm
IF you go back and check the original post I believe you'll see it mentions she was in the military. IF that's correct then the common expression is that an individual "served his/her country". IF she she wasn't in the military in any way, shape, or form then you're correct: she didn't serve her (our) country. Be that or not it's still a POS way to act; in other words, the AWbarn way.

She went through basic but didn't serve in combat. 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: JansterZ71 on February 18, 2015, 02:57:26 pm
this girl needs obvious help.  She's crying out for help so let's get Her the help she needs.
I agree. Then again, with all the crap that's gone on down in Okelikaville over the past several years a special care mental hospital should be a permanent fixture on their campus. Could like help her as well.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: JansterZ71 on February 18, 2015, 02:58:16 pm

So if you go through basic but never serve in combat you didn't serve? Check

I'll have rethink my entire enlistment in the Air Force freezing my ass off in the UP of Michigan readying B-52's to perform America's nuclear deterrent role during the Cold War now that I'm told I didn't serve.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: JansterZ71 on February 18, 2015, 02:58:16 pm
Hey, aubarn troll, in what branch did you serve? Maybe we can get together and trade some "war stories" from our military days. BTW I DEFINITELY served my country, and it wasn't just in basic. And for your great enlightenment: one need not ever have served in actual combat to have been considered having "served one's country". On that you can take to the bank any day of the week.

JansterZ71

Quote from: Albert Einswine on February 18, 2015, 03:01:55 pm

So if you go through basic but never serve in combat you didn't serve? Check

I'll have rethink my entire enlistment in the Air Force freezing my ass off in the UP of Michigan readying B-52's to perform America's nuclear deterrent role during the Cold War now that I'm told I didn't serve.

Sorry to upset you.  I was meaning serving in combat.  This lady claims to suffer from PTSD but never actually was in combat and was hardly even in the military?  She has mental issues for sure but that is a stretch for me.  Yes by definition you "served".  Thank you

JansterZ71

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 18, 2015, 03:04:16 pm
Hey, aubarn troll, in what branch did you serve? Maybe we can get together and trade some "war stories" from our military days. BTW I DEFINITELY served my country, and it just wasn't in basic.
I appreciate all those who served,  thank you for your service.  I just don't like this lady throwing around the Vet card when it doesn't need to be in this instance.  And no I didn't serve in the military, I went the college route  instead. I I also don't see how I'm trolling here, just wanted everyone to get the full story before you bash these guys for trying to pet a dog. 

ricepig

Quote from: JansterZ71 on February 18, 2015, 03:10:03 pm
I appreciate all those who served,  thank you for your service.  I just don't like this lady throwing around the Vet card when it doesn't need to be in this instance.  And no I didn't serve in the military, I went the college route  instead. I I also don't see how I'm trolling here, just wanted everyone to get the full story before you bash these guys for trying to pet a dog. 

So, what makes you think we have the full story? Something you read on the internet?

phadedhawg

Kids say and do dumb things. 

No reason to wreck their lives over it.  Coach will sort 'em out. 

phadedhawg

And no I didn't serve in the military, I went the college route  instead.

It's not an either/or situation.  Attending college doesn't check the same box defending your country does.  lol

JansterZ71

Quote from: phadedhawg on February 18, 2015, 03:14:35 pm
It's not an either/or situation.  Attending college doesn't check the same box defending your country does.  lol

LoL is this real life?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 18, 2015, 03:16:33 pm
Sorry to be off topic but did you enjoy the UP, AE?

The 2 weeks of summer were nice and the fishing was good, but other than that I detested it.

phadedhawg

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on February 18, 2015, 03:11:43 pm
So, what makes you think we have the full story? Something you read on the internet?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

rkjones

Quote from: JansterZ71 on February 18, 2015, 03:06:51 pm
Sorry to upset you.  I was meaning serving in combat.  This lady claims to suffer from PTSD but never actually was in combat and was hardly even in the military?  She has mental issues for sure but that is a stretch for me.  Yes by definition you "served".  Thank you

She got PTSD from sexual assault, not combat.  It's curious how you overlooked that fact in your quest to prove that she did not "serve".

JansterZ71

Quote from: rkjones on February 18, 2015, 03:21:05 pm
She got PTSD from sexual assault, not combat.  It's curious how you overlooked that fact in your quest to prove that she did not "serve".
You're absolutely correct.  I was referencing that because the news is making is sound like she has it from combat.  Her PTSD from rape is real.  Like I said,  we need to help her. the rape happened to her while in the military.  It sad that happened.

Wildhog

Quote from: JansterZ71 on February 18, 2015, 02:57:26 pm

One would expect a sexual assault victim to need some help.  But hey, let's mock her for it.
1909/1964/1965/1977

JansterZ71

Quote from: Wildhog on February 18, 2015, 03:24:47 pm
One would expect a sexual assault victim to need some help.  But hey, let's mock her for it.

Who is mocking her?  She needs help let's not mock her.  Are you serious right now?  Goodness

Wildhog

Quote from: JansterZ71 on February 18, 2015, 03:26:05 pm
Who is mocking her?  She needs help let's not mock her.  Are you serious right now?  Goodness

Don't backpedal now.
1909/1964/1965/1977

JansterZ71

Quote from: Wildhog on February 18, 2015, 03:31:22 pm
Don't backpedal now.

I wasn't mocking her.  Clearly you deciphered my post wrong.

scruf

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 18, 2015, 12:09:53 pm
Glad we didn't get Williams.  This story shows what type of person is Williams, and we don't need that type of person on the Hogs team.

Auburn beat out Clemson for Williams.  With this story about Williams, Clemson is probably also glad that they didn't land Williams.  If Williams had done this at Clemson, Dabo Swinney probably would have dismissed him from the team.  Malzahn, and his "slap on the wrist" punishment for Marshall for our game with them last season shows that Malzahn is probably not going to properly punish Williams.

Say Williams one more time. I dare you. I double dare you.

Inhogswetrust

Did I read it all or did I miss something? GUS apologized BUT the players have not yet and it didn't say IF they would or not? I understand a coach apologizing for his players BUT what I do NOT understand is if the coach hasn't told the players to apologize and has not disciplined them. Yep it is old barn.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

scruf

As a veteran of both Iraq and Afghanistan, and current active duty Soldier who has sat on the court martial panel (military equivalent of a jury) on a sexual assault case, I can assure you that violent sexual assaults have the same potential to create crippling PTSD as being in the middle of a firefight or indirect fire attack. The best thing you could do right now is delete every negative or questioning post that you've made about this young lady and take a few days off.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: scruf on February 18, 2015, 03:42:56 pm
As a veteran of both Iraq and Afghanistan, and current active duty Soldier who has sat on the court martial panel (military equivalent of a jury) on a sexual assault case, I can assure you that violent sexual assaults have the same potential to create crippling PTSD as being in the middle of a firefight or indirect fire attack. The best thing you could do right now is delete every negative or questioning post that you've made about this young lady and take a few days off.

That would require class and dignity, if he had class and dignity he wouldn't be an auburn fan to begin with.

MissippHog

Question for the mods.

I realize that most threads are started in MMQB even when they don't necessarily belong here.  However, it obviously is the main section of the board with the most traffic.  So on to my question.

Why are some threads like this one allowed to stay in MMQB when the exact information was posted 8 hours earlier but moved to SEC sports section?
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=588614.0

May sound like sour grapes and it's not.  Just curious.

JansterZ71

Quote from: Albert Einswine on February 18, 2015, 03:48:01 pm

That would require class and dignity, if he had class and dignity he wouldn't be an auburn fan to begin with.

Pot meet kettle

scruf

Quote from: Wildhog on February 18, 2015, 03:31:22 pm
Don't backpedal now.
Thanks for standing up on this, Wildhog. I got a little fired up over this, I won't lie. Here's a good reminder about people who revel in the misery of others:

http://www.theguardian.com/media-network/media-network-blog/2014/sep/18/psychology-internet-trolls-pewdiepie-youtube-mary-beard