Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#1 Kentucky at #4 Louisville – 1:00 PM ESPN2

Started by jbcarol, December 27, 2014, 12:52:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Jerry Tipton @JerryTipton  ·  11 minutes ago
As UK players arrive on court, students chant "(expletive) UK."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

jbcarol

Saying that game is starting on ESPNNews due to G'town - IU OT game.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Kyle Tucker @KyleTucker_CJ  ·  53 seconds ago
No. 1 Kentucky 10, No. 4 Louisville 6, 14:37 first half. Cats 5-10 FG, 2 turnovers. Cards 3-7 FG, 4 turnovers.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Harrison twins trying to get theirs today to no avail.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Kyle Tucker @KyleTucker_CJ  ·  32 seconds ago
Blackshear missed the go-ahead layup off a UK turnover. Offensively challenged game here. Cats 12-11, 7:44 1H. UK 33.3% FG, UL 25%.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Kyle Tucker @KyleTucker_CJ  ·  6m 6 minutes ago
UK 7 of 20 FG, UL 5-21. Combined 2 for 10 from three. Cats [10] TOs, Cards 4. Kentucky dominating glass 19-10 (7 offensive boards).

jbcarol

Game is a time capsule view of why 90's college basketball was superior.

jbcarol

UofL doing a good job of forcing UK to work out of the half court sets and run deep in the shot clock.

Buff

I wish we could play at a level like this consistently.

Before anyone who lacks comprehension chimes in with "we beat Kentucky twice last year", I want to remind them that by "consistently" I mean doing that and also managing to get into the NCAA tournament and win a game.

These programs are burning furniture in protest if they don't make the Sweet 16 every year.

jbcarol

Kyle Tucker @KyleTucker_CJ  ·  15 seconds ago
Trying to score inside, for either team, is like trying to jam a basketball through a paper shredder.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Lyles led UK with 6 points on three mid range jumpers followed by a host of players with two or three.

jbcarol

Rozier and Harrell combined for 11 to lead the Dirty Cards.

jbcarol

Kyle Tucker @KyleTucker_CJ  ·  24 seconds ago
Likely both sides feeling good all things considered. UK to be up with 10 first-half turnovers, UL to be close without a hint of offense.

HALFTIME: No. 1 Kentucky 22, No. 4 Louisville 18. It's a slobberknocker. Cats shooting 37%, Cards 21.4%, but UK 10 TOs to UL's 4.

Dr. Starcs

First one to 40 wins.

Sad state of affairs when we have college football scores higher than basketball.

jbcarol

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 27, 2014, 02:04:10 pm
First one to 40 wins.

Sad state of affairs when we have college football scores higher than basketball.

Case in point, halftime four weeks ago at Papa John's:  UK 20  UofL 21

TNhawgfan

Quote from: jbcarol on December 27, 2014, 01:56:35 pm
Quote from: jbcarol on December 27, 2014, 01:56:35 pm
80's and 90's were both superior. The NBA and AAU have ruined the game i use to love
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

jbcarol

Kyle Tucker @KyleTucker_CJ  ·  10 seconds ago
Raise your hand if you had Trey Lyles being UK's star so far. Freshman has 6 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, leads all with 18 mins.

Pitino: Do let Lyles beat you.

jbcarol

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 27, 2014, 02:06:33 pm
80's and 90's were both superior. The NBA and AAU have ruined the game i use to love

It was a different time.  It was a better time.

jbcarol

Quote from: Buff on December 27, 2014, 01:58:47 pm
I wish we could play at a level like this consistently.

Before anyone who lacks comprehension chimes in with "we beat Kentucky twice last year", I want to remind them that by "consistently" I mean doing that and also managing to get into the NCAA tournament and win a game.

These programs are burning furniture in protest if they don't make the Sweet 16 every year.

And sometimes when they do make it.

Photo: James Crisp (AP)

jbcarol

UofL was 5-6 from the stripe at the half.  UK did not get to the line.

jbcarol

jbcarol

rickbozich @rickbozich  ·  3 hours ago
Scalper tells me this toughest ticket in years. No sellers. Says $200 for upper arena.

jbcarol

Dr. Starcs

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

He's still adjusting his jaw trying to draw a flagrant foul

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Buff

jbcarol

Quote from: Buff on December 27, 2014, 02:24:32 pm
You win, that's funny.

I hear you about getting consistent intensity in the big games and conference games, especially on the road.