Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#turndownTennessee trending on twitter

Started by Huckleberry Pig, December 05, 2012, 09:12:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Huckleberry Pig

Doyle Hograves

***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

afhogfan1980

"Even Lance Armstrong Won Without a Nutt"

pigzwillrise

soso

Broken Trigger

Kinda reminds me of our hiring process in basketball, after we fired Stan Heath.  That was brutal.

pigbacon

Quote from: Broken Trigger on December 05, 2012, 10:07:09 pm
Kinda reminds me of our hiring process in basketball, after we fired Stan Heath.  That was brutal.

Thanks for reminding us. I still get sick at my stomach thinking about that.

phadedhawg

I don't take too much joy in Tenn dispair....sucks lookin' for a coach

Broken Trigger

Quote from: pigbacon on December 05, 2012, 10:09:13 pm
Thanks for reminding us. I still get sick at my stomach thinking about that.

Yeah, sorry about that, but i'm not sure i'll ever forget that.  Still makes me sick too.

CallThemHawgs!

I have gotten a shot or two in... its taking off like a refinery fire now

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Broken Trigger on December 05, 2012, 10:07:09 pm

I was just explaining that--and the Billy Gillispie fiasco--to someone today. Whoa.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Broken Trigger

Quote from: phadedhawg on December 05, 2012, 10:10:29 pm
I don't take too much joy in Tenn dispair....sucks lookin' for a coach

I agree.  I'm kinda surprised that they are having trouble.   They have a stadium that seats 100K plus, a good recruiting base, and still have some deep pockets.

Danny J

Quote from: soso on December 05, 2012, 10:05:00 pm
Is volnation shut down?
A lot of traffic I would imagine. I have been over there today seeing what they are saying. They are in desperation/panic mode as they should be. Their AD should have KNOWN what was going to happen before firing Dooley. I still bet the farm that Gruden's agent told Tennessee that he wouldn't speak to them about the job as long as Dooley was still employed. All the while he was never really interested.

Broken Trigger

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on December 05, 2012, 10:16:10 pm
I was just explaining that--and the Billy Gillispie fiasco--to someone today. Whoa.

Yeah, the way Billy played us, it has been poetic justice seeing his coaching career fall apart.

WILL CLINTON

They will go after Petrino if they get desperate enough.

No way they go for Dooley round 2 over Petrino. Besides they can get him for CHEAP right now.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

denimchicken

@uglyuncle
John L. Smith just said, "not for all the money in the world" #turnedDownTennessee

Made me lol.
"You can't do backflips, you don't know karate, you're white trash." - Charlie Kelly

FL_Hog_Fan

Anyone know how to pull off a google bomb, because UT Athletics coming up for a search on "dumpster fire" would be too funny.
What were we arguing about anyway?

kchogfan14

Hey Tennessee! HDN is available! Could NOT happen to a nicer fan base! I went to the Music City Bowl a couple of years ago that Tennessee was playing in. My son lives in Nashville and bought the tickets. I was there to support Tn in the game and was suporting them while wearing my Razorback coat(it was cold). I got yelled at, spit upon, and generally insulted the entire time. Screw Tennessee! I hope they cannot find anyone to come to their godforsaken crap hole of a program!

greasy_corner

Quote from: Broken Trigger on December 05, 2012, 10:17:01 pm
I agree.  I'm kinda surprised that they are having trouble.   They have a stadium that seats 100K plus, a good recruiting base, and still have some deep pockets.

Regarding the recruiting base comment, I've always read that that TN produces very little D1 talent, and has to go national. 

Dionysos25

It's TurnedDownTennessee , not turndownTennessee
"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

Hog N Bama

Quote from: kchogfan14 on December 05, 2012, 10:20:19 pm
Hey Tennessee! HDN is available! Could NOT happen to a nicer fan base! I went to the Music City Bowl a couple of years ago that Tennessee was playing in. My son lives in Nashville and bought the tickets. I was there to support Tn in the game and was suporting them while wearing my Razorback coat(it was cold). I got yelled at, spit upon, and generally insulted the entire time. Screw Tennessee! I hope they cannot find anyone to come to their godforsaken crap hole of a program!
Thank you sir!!!  ;D

TDHawgs

denimchicken

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=%23TurnedDownTennessee&src=tren

For the old folks who don't know how to work twitter, just click that link and laugh your ass off.
"You can't do backflips, you don't know karate, you're white trash." - Charlie Kelly

Broken Trigger

Quote from: greasy_corner on December 05, 2012, 10:21:30 pm
Regarding the recruiting base comment, I've always read that that TN produces very little D1 talent, and has to go national. 

Well, honestly i haven't read much about it, but Knoxville, Nashville, and Memphis are pretty good sized areas.  Tennessee's population is about twice what ours is, and i doubt Vandy or Memphis steal too many recruits that the Vols want.  Generally though, Tennessee is considered a Top 10 or 15 coaching job.  I would definitely think that they could hire a pretty good coach.

Danny J

Quote from: denimchicken on December 05, 2012, 10:30:53 pm
https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=%23TurnedDownTennessee&src=tren

For the old folks who don't know how to work twitter, just click that link and laugh your ass off.
Thanks....never really messed much with twitter.

PS..I love it is always sunny in Philly...

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

Danny J

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 05, 2012, 10:38:14 pm

He was on Bo's show Monday and he couldn't figure out why people were messing with him on Facebook and Twitter. He said he always had a lot of respect for Arkansas and its fans. Bo said he couldn't figure it out either EVEN AFTER the guy on his show read him some of Travis' responses about the Arkansas job and its fans.  :puke:

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

I hear houston nutt is available... Clay Travis should be happy with that one.

denimchicken

Now that we have successfully humiliated Tennessee Via twitter we should focus our craziness on getting something Altee Tenpenny related trending.

chaz

Quote from: kchogfan14 on December 05, 2012, 10:20:19 pm

Hey I'm not defending their actions,  but playing Daniel in the lions den was not being very smart.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.