Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#1 and #2 both trailing

Started by Fayettechill14, November 17, 2012, 08:09:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fayettechill14

Baylor leads Kansas State, 14-7
Stanford leads Oregon, 7-0

Both second quarter. Could Alabama play their way back in? Alabama-Notre Dame would be awful...

Fayettechill14

hogman99

Justifiable Hogicide

WillieWildcat09

Not a happy Wildcat fan right now!

nwarazfan

If Pitt had only set their kicker up in the middle of the field.

denimchicken

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on November 17, 2012, 08:09:53 pm

Both second quarter. Could Alabama play their way back in? Alabama-Notre Dame would be awful...
Why would Alabama vs Notre Dame be awful? I'd love to see ND get humiliated by an SEC team.
"You can't do backflips, you don't know karate, you're white trash." - Charlie Kelly

nwarazfan

Stan had a huge play on that 4th down.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: denimchicken on November 17, 2012, 08:15:31 pm
Why would Alabama vs Notre Dame be awful? I'd love to see ND get humiliated by an SEC team.

Well, it might be the good kind of awful...

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

redeye

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on November 17, 2012, 08:09:53 pm

I'll be surprised if they don't. The top-5 usually gets shaken up this time of the year.

nwarazfan

ND is the one team built strong in the def front 7 that could give Bama problems. They would struggle to score though.

nwarazfan

HiggiePiggy

I want to see 2 SEC teams play for the NC again.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

ZERO

Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

MFG

SoonerInSpringdale

Quote from: nwarazfan on November 17, 2012, 08:20:47 pm
Bama would destroy K St.

That's what you said about former mediocre Big 12 team Texas A&M

nwarazfan

nwarazfan

Quote from: SoonerInSpringdale on November 17, 2012, 08:24:36 pm
That's what you said about former mediocre Big 12 team Texas A&M
You look like a fool right now.  Troll somewhere else.

SoonerInSpringdale

Quote from: nwarazfan on November 17, 2012, 08:25:54 pm
You look like a fool right now.  Troll somewhere else.
Lol so you said the Ags would walk in and beat Bama? Ok, sure thing

Fayettechill14

Fayettechill14

Quote from: SoonerInSpringdale on November 17, 2012, 08:28:31 pm
Lol so you said the Ags would walk in and beat Bama? Ok, sure thing

No but Johnny Football is the real deal. He's like the Belldozer except he can actually do all those QB things like throw it.

SoonerInSpringdale

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on November 17, 2012, 08:29:28 pm
No but Johnny Football is the real deal. He's like the Belldozer except he can actually do all those QB things like throw it.

Except Johnny is the size of Rotnei Clarke.  I'm just hoping Bell has the arm of Casey Dick and he'll be ok.

ChicoHog

Kstate can come back and win this game.  Baylor has horrible defense.  I would love Bama vs ND championship game.  Just like Sugar bowl in 1973 when Irish upset the Tide.  Notre dame wins and I'm a happy camper.  Bama wins and another SEC title.  I'm good either way!

nwarazfan

I expect K St to come back because Baylor is bad.
Quote from: ChicoHog on November 17, 2012, 08:36:56 pm
Kstate can come back and win this game.  Baylor has horrible defense.  I would love Bama vs ND championship game.  Just like Sugar bowl in 1973 when Irish upset the Tide.  Notre dame wins and I'm a happy camper.  Bama wins and another SEC title.  I'm good either way!

The Great Hogsby

Oregon might pull it out but I still think ND has trouble with USC next weekend even after the UCLA loss.

On another note, I have flipped back and forth to the Mizzou game and have a question. Am I the only person who thinks their field and uniforms look like an ugly junior high team? I almost can't watch it.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." - Jack Handey

nwarazfan

Depends if Barkley can play.
Quote from: The Great Hogsby on November 17, 2012, 08:41:31 pm
Oregon might pull it out but I still think ND has trouble with USC next weekend even after the UCLA loss.

On another note, I have flipped back and forth to the Mizzou game and have a question. Am I the only person who thinks their field and uniforms look like an ugly junior high team? I almost can't watch it.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Baylor might score one more TD in the second half, and KSU will dominate the rest of the game.  KSU actually has coaches who know how to make adjustments.

KSU wins 45-21

Murr

If Purple Kansas and Oregon lose tonight, new BCS poles would be:
1. ND
2. Alabama
3. UGA/Oregon/KSTate/another SEC team

Murr

Quote from: SoonerInSpringdale on November 17, 2012, 08:31:51 pm
Except Johnny is the size of Rotnei Clarke.  I'm just hoping Bell has the arm of Casey Dick and he'll be ok.
OU still up by 14 on WVU?

SoonerInSpringdale

Quote from: Murr on November 17, 2012, 08:48:47 pm
OU still up by 14 on WVU?

No. You know that soft defense.  Only 7 now.  Making Austin look like Reggie Bush.  Watch their highlights later and look for Austin shaking two Sooners on the goal line.  Looked like the right analog stick jukes on Madden

Edit...up 8. Somehow didn't get extra point

nwarazfan

Hard to believe Uga is still in the NC picture. 

WillieWildcat09

Quote from: nwarazfan on November 17, 2012, 08:25:06 pm
K St finally being exposed.

Yea, they are. Playing as the #1 team in the nation on Primtrime. I am concerned by the lack of depth given that so many players are out hurt right now, but they have traditionally owned the second half this year.

As an Arkansas fan as well, and a discouraged one, I find very little pleasure in cheering for an SEC National Championship won by Alabama. Rather see the Cats run it!

denimchicken

Quote from: gguillo on November 17, 2012, 08:44:56 pm
Baylor might score one more TD in the second half, and KSU will dominate the rest of the game.  KSU actually has coaches who know how to make adjustments.

KSU wins 45-21
Your prediction doesn't make sense.
"You can't do backflips, you don't know karate, you're white trash." - Charlie Kelly

ChicoHog

Quote from: nwarazfan on November 17, 2012, 08:50:48 pm
Hard to believe Uga is still in the NC picture. 
Possible UGA plays in NC game if two of top 3 three lose and UGA beats Bama.  Never know.

SoonerInSpringdale

Quote from: nwarazfan on November 17, 2012, 08:25:06 pm
K St finally being exposed.

When SEC teams beat each other it shows how great the conference is and how hard it is to go unscathed.  When any other team does it, it shows how weak they are.

Must be nice to be able to make that logic work in your mind.

nwarazfan

I expect KSt to come back.
Quote from: WillieWildcat09 on November 17, 2012, 08:53:01 pm
Yea, they are. Playing as the #1 team in the nation on Primtrime. I am concerned by the lack of depth given that so many players are out hurt right now, but they have traditionally owned the second half this year.

As an Arkansas fan as well, and a discouraged one, I find very little pleasure in cheering for an SEC National Championship won by Alabama. Rather see the Cats run it!

Breems

Can we just postpone the NC game this year?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Fayettechill14

Quote from: SoonerInSpringdale on November 17, 2012, 08:55:46 pm
When SEC teams beat each other it shows how great the conference is and how hard it is to go unscathed.  When any other team does it, it shows how weak they are.

K-State hasn't exactly had a murder's row schedule. Alabama played 3 straight top 10 teams...

nwarazfan

Pickled Pig

K State isn't a top 10 team, much less the #1 team in the country. They would be, at best, the 6th or 7th best team in the SEC this year. Georgia, Bama, Florida, LSU, S. Carolina, and A & M...they would all beat K State...and probably Miss State, too.

ZERO

Quote from: SoonerInSpringdale on November 17, 2012, 08:55:46 pm

I remember someone posted an "Alabama exposed!" topic when Texas A&M won. And they were right, Texas A&M finally exposed the way to beat them this year. Looks like Baylor could do the same to Kansas St.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

SoonerInSpringdale

Quote from: Pickled Pig on November 17, 2012, 09:05:54 pm
K State isn't a top 10 team, much less the #1 team in the country. They would be, at best, the 6th or 7th best team in the SEC this year. Georgia, Bama, Florida, LSU, S. Carolina, and A & M...they would all beat K State...and probably Miss State, too.

Again, you said the same for Texas A&M last year.

nwarazfan

Ahhhh almost a huge pick by Stanford.

Jim Bo From Fort Smith

Quote from: ZERO on November 17, 2012, 09:06:47 pm
I remember someone posted an "Alabama exposed!" topic when Texas A&M won. And they were right, Texas A&M finally exposed the way to beat them this year. Looks like Baylor could do the same to Kansas St.
Bama exposed?  Bama gonna win NC again.  3 nat championship in 4 years is DYNASTY.

JackTNHogfan

Kansas St will lose tonight.  Hopefully, Oregon loses one or Notre Dame falls to USC.  Only way a one loss SEC gets into National Championship.

ZERO

Alabama won't win the NC unless two of the three teams ahead of them fall, which may or may not happen. And then, of course, Bama has to beat Georgia still.

I'm not saying their not lethal, but their weakness this season was finally exploited.

nwarazfan

Bama wasnt exploited or exposed. They lost one qtr, adjusted and controlled most of the rest of the game.  Nice punt by KSt.

nwarazfan

My gawd that was dumb Baylor.  Horrible playcall

nwarazfan

That is why Art Bryles needs to coach at crappy programs like Baylor.