Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will ALABAMA face either Kansas St, or ND, OR OREGON IN NC??

Started by Mrcoolhog55, November 04, 2012, 11:10:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrcoolhog55

Will Alabama face either Kansas St, ND, OR Oregon in NC?? I hope for either Alabama vs Kansas St, or Alabama vs Notre Dame, and ALABAMA winning it all again. What say you to this??

zane

RIP LSUfan

hogcard1964

I think it will be Oregon.

Kansas St. has a killer shedule left and I think Dame will fall behind a one loss team or two in the BCS later today. I also believe Dame will will lose a game. They're now really exposed as over-rated.

ZERO

I'll say Oregon deserves it the most, but either three would be a pretty cool matchup. Oregon's hard work and a shot at redemption vs. the SEC, Notre Dame's storied history vs. Alabama's storied history, or the ultimate undog story in Kansas State.

Or maybe all three will drop a game and Louisville or another team will somehow sneak into it.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Mrcoolhog55

Yes, the only team left for them that could beat them is USC at USC ,but they are not that good. The one thing about Notre Dame is that since they are not in a Football Conference they can not win a Championship, except a National Championship. Now would it be something to see Alabama vs Notre Dame, and to see Notre Dame go down to Alabama , now that would be sweet to see. So close, but no cigar.... I hope Alabama rolls over whoever they play so as to see the SEC strong again as usual, and to shut up the National media wanting to see someone else win the NC....

popcornhog

WPS

Root_hawg

If all finish undefeated, it's Bama and k state....Oregon is last...no schedule

Hoggie17

Should be the Ducks, however all bets are off if ND wins out.

HiggiePiggy

Honestly the team that has played the tougher schedule is Notre Dame then Kansas State.  Everyone wants Oregon because of their offense.  They have the weaker schedule of the 3 as of right now, but they finish the season with a couple of tough games and also a championship game so that alone would boost them to the top of the list. 

Notre Dame
http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/87/notre-dame-fighting-irish

They have faced 4 teams that were ranked at the time they faced them and 2 were top 10.  They have 1 more ranked team to face.

Kansas State
http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/2306/kansas-state-wildcats

They have also faced 4 ranked teams with 1 being top 10 when they faced them.  They have 1 more ranked team to face. 

Oregon
http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2483/oregon-ducks

They have faced 3 ranked teams none being in the top 15 when they played.  They have 2 more ranked teams to play and possibly 1 of them will be in the top 10 when they face them.  Plus they have a championship game to also play. 

So looking at these schedules the toughest faced so far has been Notre Dame then Kansas State and last Oregon. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hogcard1964

Down the stretch Kansas St. has by far the toughest schedule. If they finish up un beaten, they deserve it. I do think theyll drop a game as will Dame.  Watch Louisville's movement tonight. They could get a huge push near Dame at number four or five.

Hogz87

Quote from: zane on November 04, 2012, 11:15:28 am
Bama Vs ND would be HUUUUGE!

And also the least appealing of the three possible match-ups in my opinion.  Notre Dame's offense is horrendous.  An Alabama-Notre Dame national championship has 17-3 or 21-3 written all over it.

HiggiePiggy

Louisvilles only chance is if everyone else loses a game. Even then they would probably get jumped by a 1 loss team.  They have faced 0 ranked teams and have 0 ranked teams to play the rest of the season. 

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/97/louisville-cardinals

Oregon actually faces 2 ranked teams out of their last 3 games and probably a 3rd ranked team in their championship game. 

Of the 3 we are talking about I would say that Oregon has the toughest down the stretch with 2 of their 3 games on the road with a championship game.

Kansas State on the road for 2 of the 3 and then have Texas at home which is ranked right now.

Then notre dame. They have to go on the road to Boston college then at home for wake Forrest and then back on the road for USC. 

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 04, 2012, 12:36:06 pm
They have to go on the road to Boston college then at home for wake Forrest and then back on the road for USC. 

USC wins that game to knock Notre Dame out of the running.

I think that the Ducks will jump Kansas St for 2 reasons
     1. Everyone wants to see Oregon's offense vs. Bama defense. Epic game.
     2. A conference Championship game.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

CallThemHawgs!

No way ND wins out. Not a chance. They are just not that good.

KState is decent.

Oregon is by far the #2. I dont even think its close.

Bama will beat any of them.

GalaHawg

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on November 04, 2012, 02:09:26 pm
No way ND wins out. Not a chance. They are just not that good.

KState is decent.

Oregon is by far the #2. I dont even think its close.

Bama will beat any of them.

Notre Dame has the easiest schedule the rest of the way. I do agree though they lose 1 probably to USC.

They are a good team though. 

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on November 04, 2012, 01:59:21 pm
USC wins that game to knock Notre Dame out of the running.

I think that the Ducks will jump Kansas St for 2 reasons
     1. Everyone wants to see Oregon's offense vs. Bama defense. Epic game.
     2. A conference Championship game.

I do agree they jump kansas state and it will be because of their schedule down the stretch. Facing possibly 3 ranked teams out of their last 4.

I don't think people care about the offense.  It's pretty much about their schedule.  Big 12 has screwed themselves out of NC games because they got rid of the championship game.

HG

Quote from: Mrcoolhog55 on November 04, 2012, 11:29:10 am
Yes, the only team left for them that could beat them is USC at USC ,but they are not that good. The one thing about Notre Dame is that since they are not in a Football Conference they can not win a Championship, except a National Championship. Now would it be something to see Alabama vs Notre Dame, and to see Notre Dame go down to Alabama , now that would be sweet to see. So close, but no cigar.... I hope Alabama rolls over whoever they play so as to see the SEC strong again as usual, and to shut up the National media wanting to see someone else win the NC....

Pitt should have beaten them.  If Pitt can do that, Wake Forest has a fighting chance.  Even BC could give ND a game of it.  They're terrible, but so is Pitt.

Chestodrawers

November 04, 2012, 02:56:56 pm #19 Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 03:05:26 pm by Chestodrawers
   Heres my Christmas wish. They all remain undefeated. ND gets plugged in over the other two to face Bama, causing a national uproar, then Bama blows ND away. I mean one of those games everybody turns off in second qtr.   However, I think ND is really gonna have a hard time with USC. This will be the season for USC, next to us USC has been the biggest disappointment in college football this year. Or maybe Texas. Or maybe Auburn. Or maybe Oklahoma. This list could get long. Any how this will be the only thing they have to hang their hats on for the season and Barkley and that receiver can roll up some big numbers.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: HG on November 04, 2012, 02:27:58 pm
Pitt should have beaten them.  If Pitt can do that, Wake Forest has a fighting chance.  Even BC could give ND a game of it.  They're terrible, but so is Pitt.

I don't ever go off of a performance of one game for the next game.  Notre Dame just got off a huge week previously and probably were not all up for Pittsburgh at home. 

I believe this game woke them up and they will be focused for the rest of the year.  I still think they lose at USC though just because USC is a good team and its at home for USC plus a rivalry game. 

Soonerman12

Quote from: Chestodrawers on November 04, 2012, 02:56:56 pm
   Heres my Christmas wish. They all remain undefeated. ND gets plugged in over the other two to face Bama, causing a national uproar, then Bama blows ND away. I mean one of those games everybody turns off in second qtr.   However, I think ND is really gonna have a hard time with USC. This will be the season for USC, next to us USC has been the biggest disappointment in college football this year. Or maybe Texas. Or maybe Auburn. Or maybe Oklahoma. This list could get long. Any how this will be the only thing they have to hang their hats on for the season and Barkley and that receiver can roll up some big numbers.

OU has lost to number 2 and 3 teams in the country. Hardly, a disappointment.

WizardofhOgZ

The answer lies in this post (thread), which was mysteriously moved from MMQB by someone in the Hogville admin mafia:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=509536.0

HG

Quote from: Soonerman12 on November 04, 2012, 04:15:05 pm

Losing to KSU is no shame.  Losing to ND is.  OU is batting .500 in the Disappointment Series.

Chestodrawers

Oh please Soonerman!!! You guys thought deep down in your moccasins you were a contender for the big dance pre-season. Those hopes got dashed quickly. My daughter and grandkids are part of the Sooner nation. Y'all are MAJOR league disappointed. Don't give me that we're gonna be thrilled to be 10 and 2 line. I've heard the crying first person.

LJHOG

Only Oregon would have a chance to win that game.  But, given Saban and the Bama defensive talent with a month to prepare it will be a tall order. KSt and ND would have no shot.

rickm1976

Quote from: LJHOG on November 04, 2012, 07:27:54 pm
Only Oregon would have a chance to win that game.  But, given Saban and the Bama defensive talent with a month to prepare it will be a tall order. KSt and ND would have no shot.

I like K-State and Snyder, but I think you're right.  They just don't have the horses to do it.

rickm1976

Hey, I'm a Sooner fan too, after the Hogs, and I'm not happy.  I can't stand Stoops, and like I always say, "Big Game Bob strikes again".  With the talent OU has, Stoops always manages to blow a couple of games every year.  This year it was KState and ND, and the Sooners should have won both.

JethroB.

Quote from: popcornhog on November 04, 2012, 12:04:49 pm
How are they gonna jump K State in the BCS?

That might depend on how bad Klein is hurt. I haven't seen.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: HG on November 04, 2012, 06:22:51 pm
Losing to KSU is no shame.  Losing to ND is.  OU is batting .500 in the Disappointment Series.

Why is losing to ND a shame?  Oklahoma has been terrible against notre dame.  They have beaten notre dame 1 time in its history and faced them I believe 10 times now.   Notre dame is a pretty good team this year. 

HG

I'm looking at the BCS standings and seeing potential for a complete national meltdown...

KSU, Oregon and USC all lose...UGA clinches the SEC-E title with a win over Auburn, then gets destroyed by Bama.  UF defeats a top 10 FSU.  Bama/Florida BCSNCG.

College football fans outside the SEC would go utterly ballistic and, frankly, I'd love watching the world burn.  So to speak. :)

GoHogs1091

Quote from: rickm1976 on November 04, 2012, 08:41:43 pm
Hey, I'm a Sooner fan too, after the Hogs, and I'm not happy.  I can't stand Stoops, and like I always say, "Big Game Bob strikes again".  With the talent OU has, Stoops always manages to blow a couple of games every year.  This year it was KState and ND, and the Sooners should have won both.

This season is the first season in Bob Stoops' tenure as OU's Head Coach that Brent Venables is not defensive coaching at OU.  It is not a coincidence that this season is also the first season in Bob's tenure as OU's Head Coach that he has lost 2 games in the same season in Norman.

Bob is missing Brent Venables' defensive coaching, and come National Signing Day, Bob is also going to be missing Venables' recruiting.   

RazorPiggie

November 04, 2012, 09:58:14 pm #32 Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:06:02 pm by RazorPiggie (Matt D)
I think Oregon will because they will have to play in a Conference game.

I wouldn't mind seeing any of them against Bama and watching Bama just ram rod them.

HG

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 04, 2012, 09:54:58 pm
Why is losing to ND a shame?  Oklahoma has been terrible against notre dame.  They have beaten notre dame 1 time in its history and faced them I believe 10 times now.   Notre dame is a pretty good team this year.

ND is a pretty good team.  They're not a great team.  They've struggled against mediocre competition all season.  Everyone has a bad game or two, but ND has at least 3 against terrible competition that it was lucky to win, and that doesn't include scraping by a Michigan team that Bama annihilated.  OU should have beat them at home, imho, and it shouldn't even have been that close.

Pyrotechnician

Make no mistake about it.  If ND and Bama finish undefeated, they money for this game would dwarf a Kst. or Oregon matchup agains bama.  Make no mistake, if they can make Bama vs ND for the BCS title, its gonna happen.  Oregon and K state will face each other in the Fiesta bowl or Rose bowl.
SEC Referees Oath concerning the Arkansas Razorbacks.

I swear to throw the flag...the whole flag and nothing but the flag so help me Mike Slive!

HG

Quote from: Pyrotechnician on November 04, 2012, 10:16:50 pm
Make no mistake about it.  If ND and Bama finish undefeated, they money for this game would dwarf a Kst. or Oregon matchup agains bama.  Make no mistake, if they can make Bama vs ND for the BCS title, its gonna happen.  Oregon and K state will face each other in the Fiesta bowl or Rose bowl.

Make no mistake, Bama would love that.  ND would be a cakewalk compared to Oregon or KSU.  Even ND's vaunted defense wouldn't impress -- they haven't faced anything close to the Lacy and Yeldon combo.  But doubt ND jumps Oregon.  Oregon has already moved past the Domers in the BCS and their computer schedule will be getting much stronger over the next few weeks while ND's lone game of significance will be against a team Oregon will likely beat twice (giving them an extra game to pad their resume over ND in the process.)  I don't see how ND could jump Oregon now unless the voters suddenly decide that Oregon's uniforms have grown too silly to support.

HiggiePiggy

Actually I think all 3 would be a cake walk for Alabama.

Murr

Quote from: popcornhog on November 04, 2012, 12:04:49 pm
How are they gonna jump K State in the BCS?
CCG.

If K State and Oregon go undefeated, k State would have played the tougher schedule but Oregon winning the PAC CCG will put them over from the computers.  Big 12 could screw themselves over again with the CCG or lack there of.

Capt. Hamm

Murr

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 04, 2012, 10:53:28 pm
Actually I think all 3 would be a cake walk for Alabama.

Notre Dame- they are a bad offense with good defense.  Bama would spank them

Oregon- Oregon' hurry up Offense can be prepared for given time to adjust your football team to; see LSU vs Oregon last year. Final would be 40-24 Tide

K State would match up the best against Saban's team.  Very solid fundamentals and tackling taught, offense has a Heisman candidate at QB.  Bama would win this one 35-17

longtimeHogfan

Kansas St. is about as exciting as watching paint dry but it will be hard to keep them out of Miami if they keep winning.  I'd rather see the golden domers get beat down by the Tide but it will probably be:

K. St. vs. Tide.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Mrcoolhog55 on November 04, 2012, 11:10:24 am
Will Alabama face either Kansas St, ND, OR Oregon in NC?? I hope for either Alabama vs Kansas St, or Alabama vs Notre Dame, and ALABAMA winning it all again. What say you to this??

Probably Oregon, since the big game left on ND's schedule is a 3-loss USC team.  This also assumes that Bama gets past Georgia, which isn't a given.

Too bad it won't be ND.  Be nice to see Saban feed that Domer resurgence into a crimson woodchipper.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jbcarol

Always a tough call.  Good to play out all of the games unless your team is in the thick of it.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS
Already lost standout S John Boyett for yr. RT @johnbreech Oregon safety Avery Patterson is out the rest of the season w a torn ACL
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net