Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

think its safe to say its michigan state.

Started by bigpigpimpin, December 03, 2011, 10:54:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

GoHogs1091

Michigan State played in the Capital One Bowl game back in January of this Year.  There is no guarantee that the Capital One Bowl will want the same Team in back-to-back Capital One Bowls.

If Michigan doesn't move up to #14 in the BCS Rankings (which would make Michigan to be able to be an Automatic Qualifier for a BCS Bowl Game, such as the Sugar Bowl), then Michigan might be in the Capital One Bowl.   

hog 47

Hogwild poker

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on December 03, 2011, 10:54:36 pm
To the capital one.
How u figure?
Spartans 9-3
HUSKERS 9-3
HUSKERS beat Spartans in regular season
AND
sparty has been to cap 1 like the last 23 years...
SKERS VSHogs
BOOK IT

Hogwild poker

DEVIL DOG HOG

MSU record is 10 - 3
Lost to Nebraska Regular season
Beat Michigan  Regular season
Beat Wisconsin Regular Season
Lost to Wisconsin Championship game
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

deucea729

Why is this stickied?  Mods know something we don't yet?

booogaga

Stickied because we are the third best team in the sec and the cap one will take the best team that does not go to the bcs.
GO HOGS!

Hogwild poker

pigsooie1000

Quote from: booogaga on December 04, 2011, 12:08:51 am
Stickied because we are the third best team in the sec and the cap one will take the best team that does not go to the bcs.

they might or they might simply take the team closest that they think will sell the most tickets

BenDial

Quote from: pigsooie1000 on December 04, 2011, 12:28:57 am
they might or they might simply take the team closest that they think will sell the most tickets

So, you're saying they are taking Auburn?

deucea729

Quote from: Hogwild poker on December 04, 2011, 12:22:59 am
This^

Entirely possible, but this is just conjecture at this point.  It is still within the realm of possibility that USC-E is taken by Cap One due to same W-L record and geographic proximity.

All things considered, I'd rather play a B1G team with at least name recognition than get stuck in the Cotton against the likes of KSU or Baylor.  Now, if we got to play OU with a chance to put a whipping on them, all bets are off - sign me up for Jerry World.

3kgthog

They can pick any SEC team they want. We won't travel, so you can bet on SC or UGA to Orlando.

BenDial

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 04, 2011, 01:14:11 am
They can pick any SEC team they want. We won't travel, so you can bet on SC or UGA to Orlando.

That isn't exactly true. They can't take ANY SEC team they want. I think they have to be within 1 game in the standings of the losing team in the SEC CHampionship or something.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogcard1964

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 04, 2011, 01:14:11 am

South Carolina to the Outback

hogcard1964

Another disturbing factor in all of this is Michigan may get a BCS bid in order to allow the Big 10 two teams into BCS games.

Y-lee-coyote

Technically that is not true. They will CHOOSE the highest rated matchup they feel will fill their stadium.

We are fourth best, we are definitely behind Bama and LSU and UGA did win the EAST. Their argument is at least as valid of any of you guys' arguments and they are closer to the cap one.

You guys act like this next bowl is some kind of extreme importance to us, when in reality if we win the games on our schedule next year we will go the BCSCG and if we win that we will get to play in the BCSCG. Simple, see how easy that works? 

That is how it is in the big boy leagues, and at the end of the year we go out and beat all the wanna-be's. One of the problems we have had is winning bowl games. Until we start doing that, whining about this bowl or that bowl is kind of silly and childish. We really should look for a favorable matchup. non-bcs is non-bcs we aren't talking aobut cap one vs liberty or independence bowls here.

Other than the BCS NC game the rest of the crying and bleeding is about being the best LOSER. This is not TCTWFT football, why would you even stoop to arguing whether or not we are a better loser than UGA?  Let's just go beat whoever we play, and September can't get here fast enough.

jfisdirtybird

Quote from: deucea729 on December 04, 2011, 12:47:17 am
Entirely possible, but this is just conjecture at this point.  It is still within the realm of possibility that USC-E is taken by Cap One due to same W-L record and geographic proximity.

All things considered, I'd rather play a B1G team with at least name recognition than get stuck in the Cotton against the likes of KSU or Baylor.  Now, if we got to play OU with a chance to put a whipping on them, all bets are off - sign me up for Jerry World.

Now, do you really want to play OU after what we have seen out of them this year? Not me.....I want to play a quality opponent....

regi

South Carolina is going to Orlando. Take a picture.

Phenomenal One

South Carolina to cap one .... Georgia to Outback .... Hogs to Cotton vs OU

rickm1976

Quote from: deucea729 on December 04, 2011, 12:47:17 am

I'm with you.  If we play KState or Baylor in the CB, we'd have nothing to gain and everything to lose.  If it's not OU, then we need Cap One against a big name Big Ten team.

rickm1976

Quote from: jfisdirtybird on December 04, 2011, 09:00:03 am
Now, do you really want to play OU after what we have seen out of them this year? Not me.....I want to play a quality opponent....

It ain't the record this year that matters.  It's the name recognition.  That is what will stick in the recruits minds.

pigsooie1000

Quote from: jfisdirtybird on December 04, 2011, 09:00:03 am

like KSU who OU beat on the road by 41? OU is a quality opponent they just got swamped last night by a great team

Spider-Pig

Cap 1 can take whoever they want. Ex: 9-3 bama over 10-2 lsu last year.

nwarazfan

LSU would have been in the last Cap One had they not played in the previous Cap One.

Spider-Pig

Quote from: nwarazfan on December 04, 2011, 11:41:03 am
LSU would have been in the last Cap One had they not played in the previous Cap One.

So why did OM go to cotton back to back seasons for the first time in FIFTY years!

nwarazfan

Quote from: Spider-Pig on December 04, 2011, 11:52:04 am
So why did OM go to cotton back to back seasons for the first time in FIFTY years!

Because they were 8-4.  Should they have lobbied for the Liberty Bowl or Music City?  If we were 8-4 this season, the Cotton would be the logical option.  And we could be in the Cotton this season with 8 wins.  Maybe even 7 wins given the records of the other bowl eligible SEC teams.

deucea729

I just don't get the gnashing of teeth over getting hosed if the Cap One doesn't select us.  The way I see it, there is zero practical difference prestige-wise between these two bowls at this point. In fact, due to the Jerry World factor and the timing of the Cotton Bowl, it may even be *more* attractive of a destination.  But I think we have a better chance of getting a beatable "name" opponent in Orlando.

I'll be happy either way - we've got a chance to get win #11 and finish with a top-5 ranking. Yes, please.

GuvHog

December 04, 2011, 02:57:49 pm #29 Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 02:59:57 pm by GUVHOG
Quote from: Y-lee-coyote on December 04, 2011, 08:45:36 am
Technically that is not true. They will CHOOSE the highest rated matchup they feel will fill their stadium.

We are fourth best, we are definitely behind Bama and LSU and UGA did win the EAST. Their argument is at least as valid of any of you guys' arguments and they are closer to the cap one.

You guys act like this next bowl is some kind of extreme importance to us, when in reality if we win the games on our schedule next year we will go the BCSCG and if we win that we will get to play in the BCSCG. Simple, see how easy that works? 

That is how it is in the big boy leagues, and at the end of the year we go out and beat all the wanna-be's. One of the problems we have had is winning bowl games. Until we start doing that, whining about this bowl or that bowl is kind of silly and childish. We really should look for a favorable matchup. non-bcs is non-bcs we aren't talking aobut cap one vs liberty or independence bowls here.

Other than the BCS NC game the rest of the crying and bleeding is about being the best LOSER. This is not TCTWFT football, why would you even stoop to arguing whether or not we are a better loser than UGA?  Let's just go beat whoever we play, and September can't get here fast enough.

You do realize that Georgia has let it be known to the Cotton Bowl this week that they want to be invited to play there if they were beaten by LSU don't you??? Someone else posted that information earlier in the week.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Redhogs

Quote from: GUVHOG on December 04, 2011, 02:57:49 pm
You do realize that Georgia has let it be known to the Cotton Bowl this week that they want to be invited to play there if they were beaten by LSU don't you??? Someone else posted that information earlier in the week.
That's not going to happen.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?