Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#14 in the SEC

Started by Hornkiller, August 29, 2011, 10:59:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

With A&M bringing the SEC to 13 teams... who do you want to see next?

Florida State
183 (24.4%)
Oklahoma
112 (15%)
Missouri
106 (14.2%)
Virginia Tech
187 (25%)
Kansas
4 (0.5%)
Oklahoma State
16 (2.1%)
Clemson
92 (12.3%)
Maryland
9 (1.2%)
Texas Tech
5 (0.7%)
other...
35 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 745

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: ADHog on August 29, 2011, 02:13:58 pm
I think most people are missing the reality of this and are definitely not thinking like an SEC Commissioner, University President and Athletic Director.
-Geography and culture have absolutely NOTHING to do with conference expansion. (See TCU moving to the Big East in 2012.)
-It's all about TV market and $$$. NOT culture or even competitiveness. Come on people, this should be common sense by now.

So, my take which is an amateur one of course:
Florida State: Bring no new TV market, period. No new TV market means no new dollars the conference isn't already bring in. 145 miles from Gainesville. 285 From Athens. 208 from Auburn.
Oklahoma: Have they shown any interest in moving? Brings the Oklahoma City market with them and a huge fan base but OKC is still considered small market and there are plenty of OSU fans in OKC to split this city's fan base.
Missouri: Possible. They bring the St. Louis market which is an untapped market, however St. Louis isn't exactly a college football mecca. They seem to have a weak travelling fan base. Aren't there plenty of Chicagoans in STL? (This means Northwestern, Illinois and Big Ten in general fans)
Virginia Tech: Seems to be a very logical choice if they are interested. Again, Geography has nothing to do with expansion. Great fan base.
Kansas: Bring nothing to the table. Period. Even with being a great basketball school.
Oklahoma State: Small market, good fans, T. Boone Pickens will get them where they want to be. $$$ Talks
Clemson: No new TV market with South Carolina already here. 132 miles from Columbia, SC.
Maryland: Really? WT F. Someone will have to explain this one to me.
Texas Tech: No new TV market

The team I've heard a lot about is actually West Virginia. Va Tech would be a better choice in my eyes but in reality who the hell knows. The fans sure don't. Right when you think you've caught on and have it figured out, something like TCU to the Big East happens. I personally would love to see North Carolina or South Florida come in.

I'm not challenging you, but can you or someone else please explain to me why Fla State brings no new TV market?  Do they not have a group of loyal fans who likely don't watch any Fla games and despise them with a passion?  How are they not a new market?  I'm confused by that dynamic, because if the FSU fans are tuning into FSU games with non-SEC schools every week, aren't those TV's turned away from SEC games?  If they are added, and they are playing SEC teams every week, wouldn't those be TV's tuned to the SEC? 

From a different angle.  By that logic, if Auburn was in the Big 10 right now, then the SEC would have no interest in adding them, because Bama is enough SEC CFB for that state. 

How is that any different?  I'm missing something....

For the record, I think if the SEC could somehow pull off the additions of TAMU and OU to the west and FSU and VT in the East, it would be an epic move.  I also think that FSU is the top choice to complement the SEC opposite TAMU in the west.  They are strong in many sports.  Just my take...     

I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Bigdaddyhogfan

O.K. I'm stepping way out there with my 3 favs.

1- Va.Tech
2- West Virginia
3- Maryland

Ex-Trumpet

Well, where's all the Arkansas State apologists?  :)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Louis-Hogfan

Cave City Joe

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 29, 2011, 11:11:11 am
You must not have read the article that someone linked the other day. Virginia Tech is interested and listening.
link?
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

Hogtropolis™

I would love it if we added OU. I think they would fit perfectly with us.

Mrcoolhog55

I would have to say the 3 teams that i think would be the 14 team would be 1Virgina Tech , 2 Missouri, and 3 Florida State... ...Virgina Statebecause of their fans, and no other SEC school in their area, 2 Missouri because of the ST. Louis, and Kansas City TV markets, 3 Because FS is on the rise, but Florida would object, as would SC for Clemson..................

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on August 29, 2011, 11:23:33 am
West Virginia
i'd just enjoy the hell out of traveling up the "Country Roads" to West Virginia ...but most of all, I think watching them burn couches as their pre-game/post game ritual would be a thing of unspeakable beauty.....can't wait to get to Morgantown with the road grime on my car, the smell of burning couches on my clothes and fighting over the one bar of soap the local Dollar Store has in stock.....yeah buddy !
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Jamie Jones

Clemson. LSU could play them for the right to the "Death Valley" title every year.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

HogginAllDay&Nite

Kansas would make basketball in the conference interesting again...
Loyal Razorback Fan Through It All

ADHog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on August 29, 2011, 02:30:51 pm
I'm not challenging you, but can you or someone else please explain to me why Fla State brings no new TV market?  Do they not have a group of loyal fans who likely don't watch any Fla games and despise them with a passion?  How are they not a new market?  I'm confused by that dynamic, because if the FSU fans are tuning into FSU games with non-SEC schools every week, aren't those TV's turned away from SEC games?  If they are added, and they are playing SEC teams every week, wouldn't those be TV's tuned to the SEC? 

From a different angle.  By that logic, if Auburn was in the Big 10 right now, then the SEC would have no interest in adding them, because Bama is enough SEC CFB for that state. 

How is that any different?  I'm missing something....

For the record, I think if the SEC could somehow pull off the additions of TAMU and OU to the west and FSU and VT in the East, it would be an epic move.  I also think that FSU is the top choice to complement the SEC opposite TAMU in the west.  They are strong in many sports.  Just my take...     

It's only different because Auburn and Alabama were both members of the SEC before there was such a thing as TV markets. If your case were true today (Auburn being in the Big 10 and not the SEC), then the SEC would likely not reach out to them for expansion because of them bringing no new TV market like I mentioned regarding FSU. How the TV market thing works is taking into the account of number of viewers that are located geographically near that team, number of households in the area. For instance, A&M is located near the city of Houston. Whether the people watching college football in Houston are A&M fans or not, they are likely to watch the closest major team to them, this would be A&M (Rice and Houston Univ. do not qualify as major). FSU brings it's own fans and the city of Tallahassee. Not exactly a metro. With Tallahassee being so close to Gainesville, it's easy to assume that there are plenty of Gator fans, thus SEC fans, in the area. UF already brings in fans from the entire state so it's not worth adding a few hundred thousand FSU fans when there are bigger markets out there (Va Tech bringing D.C., or UNC bringing Raleigh, Greensboro and Charlotte). FSU doesn't bring the millions that A&M brings or an Arkansas brings because we're the only team in the state, so we bring an entire state. Make sense? Here's a decent article that may explain it a little better: http://leatherhelmetblog.com/2011-articles/july/sec-expansion-by-the-numbers.html

ADHog

Quote from: HogginAllDay&Nite on August 29, 2011, 10:12:02 pm
Kansas would make basketball in the conference interesting again...
How much money does basketball generate vs football? Not enough to pick a school because they bring in a good basketball team.

ADHog

Quote from: Mrcoolhog55 on August 29, 2011, 07:46:21 pm
I would have to say the 3 teams that i think would be the 14 team would be 1Virgina Tech , 2 Missouri, and 3 Florida State... ...Virgina Statebecause of their fans, and no other SEC school in their area, 2 Missouri because of the ST. Louis, and Kansas City TV markets, 3 Because FS is on the rise, but Florida would object, as would SC for Clemson..................
Did I catch a Virginia State in there? Just one of many, many flaws with the above reply.

choppedporkextrasauce

I'd love WVU but that won't happen

cubsfan5150

Texas Tech, because that would put an SEC team within 2hrs of me.
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

Bubba's Bruisers

I think most people are missing the reality of this and are definitely not thinking like an SEC Commissioner, University President and Athletic Director.
-Geography and culture have absolutely NOTHING to do with conference expansion. (See TCU moving to the Big East in 2012.)
-It's all about TV market and $$$. NOT culture or even competitiveness. Come on people, this should be common sense by now.

Florida State: Bring no new TV market, period. No new TV market means no new dollars the conference isn't already bring in. 145 miles from Gainesville. 285 From Athens. 208 from Auburn.
Oklahoma: Have they shown any interest in moving? Brings the Oklahoma City market with them and a huge fan base but OKC is still considered small market and there are plenty of OSU fans in OKC to split this city's fan base.
Missouri: Possible. They bring the St. Louis market which is an untapped market, however St. Louis isn't exactly a college football mecca. They seem to have a weak travelling fan base. Aren't there plenty of Chicagoans in STL? (This means Northwestern, Illinois and Big Ten in general fans)
Virginia Tech: Seems to be a very logical choice if they are interested. Again, Geography has nothing to do with expansion. Great fan base.
Kansas: Bring nothing to the table. Period. Even with being a great basketball school.
Oklahoma State: Small market, good fans, T. Boone Pickens will get them where they want to be. $$$ Talks
Clemson: No new TV market with South Carolina already here. 132 miles from Columbia, SC.

The team I've heard a lot about is actually West Virginia. Va Tech would be a better choice in my eyes but in reality who the hell knows. The fans sure don't. Right when you think you've caught on and have it figured out, something like TCU to the Big East happens. I personally would love to see North Carolina or South Florida come in.

Quote from: ADHog on August 29, 2011, 10:32:31 pm
It's only different because Auburn and Alabama were both members of the SEC before there was such a thing as TV markets. If your case were true today (Auburn being in the Big 10 and not the SEC), then the SEC would likely not reach out to them for expansion because of them bringing no new TV market like I mentioned regarding FSU. How the TV market thing works is taking into the account of number of viewers that are located geographically near that team, number of households in the area. For instance, A&M is located near the city of Houston. Whether the people watching college football in Houston are A&M fans or not, they are likely to watch the closest major team to them, this would be A&M (Rice and Houston Univ. do not qualify as major). FSU brings it's own fans and the city of Tallahassee. Not exactly a metro. With Tallahassee being so close to Gainesville, it's easy to assume that there are plenty of Gator fans, thus SEC fans, in the area. UF already brings in fans from the entire state so it's not worth adding a few hundred thousand FSU fans when there are bigger markets out there (Va Tech bringing D.C., or UNC bringing Raleigh, Greensboro and Charlotte). FSU doesn't bring the millions that A&M brings or an Arkansas brings because we're the only team in the state, so we bring an entire state. Make sense? Here's a decent article that may explain it a little better: http://leatherhelmetblog.com/2011-articles/july/sec-expansion-by-the-numbers.html

I agree.  I've said the obvious choices are OU first, then VT as a fall back.  Of course, I don't think either are an option.  So Probably MO after that, which would probably be a real option.  Then FSU and WVA to round out the 16.  UNC would also seem to be an obvious desire, but a BB school first, no way they would part ways with Duke, IMO. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: hogshady on August 29, 2011, 12:56:02 pm

Virginia is not considered the south.,

Fl State.

go to Tidewater and tell me that ain't the South, If I recall Virgina was part of the confederacy it doesn't really get more South than that.   Yeehaw [CENSORED]!
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: Mrcoolhog55 on August 29, 2011, 07:46:21 pm
I would have to say the 3 teams that i think would be the 14 team would be 1Virgina Tech , 2 Missouri, and 3 Florida State... ...Virgina Statebecause of their fans, and no other SEC school in their area, 2 Missouri because of the ST. Louis, and Kansas City TV markets, 3 Because FS is on the rise, but Florida would object, as would SC for Clemson..................Mrcoolhog55 out....

FIFY
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

bigmiker

My top 3 picks are:

1. Va Tech-Nationally known team, brings in the VA, D.C. markets (9th largest).
2. Clemson-built in rival for USC-e.
3. ECU- I know, this is unpopular here, but it brings the SEC into N. Carolina. Duke, NC State, UNC, they aren't leaving the ACC unless the hammer falls on Miami, and Va Tech heads for the SEC leaving the ACC in the same position as the Little 12-2(soon to be 3). They bring a football tradition, they bring some cool fans, and a packed house.
Quote from: 3kgthog: "He shut it down like Mark Mangino at a buffet."

Ftsmithmike

When I think about SEC Expansion I don't think about fit, bettering the conference or any other factor. The only thing I care about is how will it benefit the Hogs.

In light of the fact that geographically Arkansas is the most isolated school in the SEC I see only two teams that would extend the boundary beyond Arkansas and make us less isolated and that is Oklahoma and Mizzou.

Now out of those two there are several factors to consider. I think we beat Mizzou 9/10 times we play them while we would likely split against Oklahoma the way we do with most SEC teams.

But I also believe Mizzou is a better fit for the Big Ten and Oklahoma is not going to be able to unchain itself from OSU. So I think we are looking at neither or we take all three of those teams along with A&M. Or Both Oklahoma teams and one of the eastern teams which would be great but not as good as getting Mizzou in conference.

I just hope to see both Oklahoma and Mizzou in the Sec because it would expnad the geographical boundaries around Arkansas making Tennesse the heart of the SEC and Arkansas close enough to the center to have a better chance at hosting SEC tournaments in Base Ball and SEC Championships in Track and who knows what else as some of the old SEC has to give up a little of it's power to the new SEC which is much closer to Arkansas. A&M, Oklahoma, OSU, Mizzou would be a force in negotiating for our region. 
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

Dumb ole famrboy

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on August 30, 2011, 04:21:38 am
When I think about SEC Expansion I don't think about fit, bettering the conference or any other factor. The only thing I care about is how will it benefit the Hogs.

In light of the fact that geographically Arkansas is the most isolated school in the SEC I see only two teams that would extend the boundary beyond Arkansas and make us less isolated and that is Oklahoma and Mizzou.

Now out of those two there are several factors to consider. I think we beat Mizzou 9/10 times we play them while we would likely split against Oklahoma the way we do with most SEC teams.

But I also believe Mizzou is a better fit for the Big Ten and Oklahoma is not going to be able to unchain itself from OSU. So I think we are looking at neither or we take all three of those teams along with A&M. Or Both Oklahoma teams and one of the eastern teams which would be great but not as good as getting Mizzou in conference.

I just hope to see both Oklahoma and Mizzou in the Sec because it would expnad the geographical boundaries around Arkansas making Tennesse the heart of the SEC and Arkansas close enough to the center to have a better chance at hosting SEC tournaments in Base Ball and SEC Championships in Track and who knows what else as some of the old SEC has to give up a little of it's power to the new SEC which is much closer to Arkansas. A&M, Oklahoma, OSU, Mizzou would be a force in negotiating for our region. 

I am not so sure this would be the best thing for Arkansas. If you bring in the four schools from the Big 12 - 2 teams from the Western Division would have to move East. More than likely it would be Alabama and Auburn. Leaving the Western Division with only 3 SEC Charter Members (Ole Miss, Ms St & LSU) while the East would hold 7.

Ftsmithmike

Quote from: Dumb ole famrboy on August 30, 2011, 04:45:53 am
I am not so sure this would be the best thing for Arkansas. If you bring in the four schools from the Big 12 - 2 teams from the Western Division would have to move East. More than likely it would be Alabama and Auburn. Leaving the Western Division with only 3 SEC Charter Members (Ole Miss, Ms St & LSU) while the East would hold 7.

Again I don't see how that couldmbe a bad thing. Charter membership don't mean ship. The power would naturally shift towards us.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

Dumb ole famrboy

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on August 30, 2011, 05:33:51 am
Again I don't see how that couldmbe a bad thing. Charter membership don't mean ship. The power would naturally shift towards us.

I'm thinking you haven't been a member of many clubs or organizations? Rule of thumb - influence is directly proportional to the amount of time you have been a member.

Ftsmithmike

Quote from: Dumb ole famrboy on August 30, 2011, 05:57:53 am
I'm thinking you haven't been a member of many clubs or organizations? Rule of thumb - influence is directly proportional to the amount of time you have been a member.

Yeah. In some cases there is a seniority culture. I doubt OU or A&M intend to move from being [CENSORED] in one conference to being [CENSORED] another. It becomes more about influence than it is about seniority. And the combined influence if this region would serve to counter some of the deep souths influence.

Dumb ole famrboy

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on August 30, 2011, 06:10:25 am
Yeah. In some cases there is a seniority culture. I doubt OU or A&M intend to move from being *** in one conference to being *** another. It becomes more about influence than it is about seniority. And the combined influence if this region would serve to counter some of the deep souths influence.

I guess we'll have to disagree on this point eventhough moving Bama and Auburn to the East puts the 2009 and 2010 BCS Champion in that division.

dsims2k3

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

HoginClinton

East
1. North Carolina -Best for the SEC, but unlikely
2. West Virginia - who I want the most and gets the nod over VT because of their fan support
3. Virginia Tech

West
1. Oklahoma
2. Missouri
3. Kansas

Pigskin_Porker

Virginia Tech would be a great addition to the SEC East.  Their tv market would be advantageous to the SEC and they have a quality football program.  But they do have a great situation in the ACC and it would probably be easier for them to win a NC by staying in the ACC where the competition isn't as hard.  1 or 2 tough games a year compared with 5 -6 in the SEC might make it too hard for them to switch!
"ATHLETICS IS A MINDSET.  WINNERS THINK DIFFERENT. I SHOULD STOP SAYING 'THINK' BECAUSE WINNERS DON'T THINK, THEY JUST DO IT."                                                                                            -- COACH JOHN McDONNELL  (42 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS)                                                

. . .  Es ist verdammt hart, das Beste zu sein . . .

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: cubsfan5150 on August 29, 2011, 10:38:18 pm
Texas Tech, because that would put an SEC team within 2hrs of me.

never-mind...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

RebelAt

First, Virginia is the South.  True, the northern part of it has been annexed by Yankees into a place called "NoVa," but dispell any such illusions to the otherwise.  My dad went to Va Tech back in the 60's and they still had a Confederate battle flag hanging from the ceiling of the basketball arena. 

Second, I'd love to see Tech join the SEC for a variety of reasons. They'd expand the SEC television market into Virginia, whose population is only exceeded by Georgia and Florida in our conference.  Virginia Tech fans love to travel and wouldn't feel at all out of place amongst SEC brethren.  There would be a fantastic rivalry between Tech and Tennessee, as the two are only separated by 4 hrs driving.  Only Vandy is closer.  When you go to Southwest Virginia, there's only two sets of colors you see on people, either Maroon and Orange or White and Orange.  It would also make it easy to balance out the additions, one west, one east.  Lastly, Tech, while not entering as a threatening power, would at least be a middle school (and definitely better than Kentucky the other night).

With all that said, I don't foresee Tech joining.  They have it pretty good in the ACC, even their basketball program has been doing all right in one of the definitive basketball conferences.  They get to play teams which they SHOULD defeat on a regular basis, play one or two difficult games, including the conference championship and walk their way into a BCS bowl every few years from the auto invite of winning the conference.  The link someone posted implies that the money is just too good for Tech to pass up, I don't think that's the case.

OneLardAlmighty

Quote from: RebelAt on September 02, 2011, 01:28:26 pm
First, Virginia is the South.  True, the northern part of it has been annexed by Yankees into a place called "NoVa," but dispell any such illusions to the otherwise.  My dad went to Va Tech back in the 60's and they still had a Confederate battle flag hanging from the ceiling of the basketball arena. 

Second, I'd love to see Tech join the SEC for a variety of reasons. They'd expand the SEC television market into Virginia, whose population is only exceeded by Georgia and Florida in our conference.  Virginia Tech fans love to travel and wouldn't feel at all out of place amongst SEC brethren.  There would be a fantastic rivalry between Tech and Tennessee, as the two are only separated by 4 hrs driving.  Only Vandy is closer.  When you go to Southwest Virginia, there's only two sets of colors you see on people, either Maroon and Orange or White and Orange.  It would also make it easy to balance out the additions, one west, one east.  Lastly, Tech, while not entering as a threatening power, would at least be a middle school (and definitely better than Kentucky the other night).

With all that said, I don't foresee Tech joining.  They have it pretty good in the ACC, even their basketball program has been doing all right in one of the definitive basketball conferences.  They get to play teams which they SHOULD defeat on a regular basis, play one or two difficult games, including the conference championship and walk their way into a BCS bowl every few years from the auto invite of winning the conference.  The link someone posted implies that the money is just too good for Tech to pass up, I don't think that's the case.

Though they insist they are not interested, I agree that Va Tech is the logical choice for all the reasons you state:  solid program, southern school, rabid fan base, proximity to Tennesse, plus they bring not only Va but the DC markets (the main sports talk station in the DC area, ESPN 980, broadcasts the Hokies).  It's a much better and more widely supported program than the one at Mr. Jefferson's university.

If they are not interested, then as a second choice I'd probably go with WVU.  They're a bit like us, a beautiful but much maligned state with a rabid fan base, a 70,000 seat stadium, and a respectable, though not great, tradition of success.  They reach up into PA too.  Plus, there are selfish reasons.  Morgantown is about an hour closer to me than Blacksburg.  Either way, the thought of the hogs paying a periodic visit to the east coast has my family crossing its fingers. 

Either choice, I think, is better than Missouri, which just seems to me a poor fit.  Though they've had some success of late and whomped us pretty good a couple of years ago, Mizzou just isn't an SEC school culturally speaking.  It's midwestern, not southern, and it's not really a football school.  The thought of a 'rivalry' with Mizzou just leaves me cold. 

The only Big 8 team that still interests me is OU, though I think that's unlikely and I have mixed feelings about it.

Speedracer

3. Mizzou - Even though I would freaking puke
2. South Florida - Fla probably would say no
1. Va Tech.
Like smites bother me.

griffind37

razorbacker3

It will be one of these 3 schools...

1.Va Tech
2. West Virginia
3. University of Virginia.

Bank it!

Mike_e

Maryland or Pittsburgh should be in this mix too.  Huge markets that we don't penetrate very well right now.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

OneLardAlmighty

Maryland is not my first or even second choice now that I've had a chance to think about it, even though I could walk to their stadium from my house.  But I will explain why Maryland should at least be on the list if your other option is, say, Missouri:  a)  it's a shot straight into the heart of the ACC; b) they bring a chunk of the DC and Baltimore markets with them; c) it is a program that has enjoyed spasms of success, d) it is a program with a lot of untapped potential, as it sits on a huge recruiting base that is relatively untapped (by them), with a good coach, which they now seem to have in Edsall, the future is brighter; e)Maryland, or parts of it, is at least as southern as Missouri is, and f) though this isn't really about basketball, it would instantly up the SEC's basketball profile.

HuntinHog

I can't believe people are picking on Virginia as not southern enough when they don't blink an eye at Kentucky, the neutral state!

(kidding of course)

BR

East
Virginia Tech
West Virginia

West
Missouri
A & M
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

4thdownnutt

kansaw not even the big 12 wants them

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on August 29, 2011, 08:14:33 pm
i'd just enjoy the hell out of traveling up the "Country Roads" to West Virginia ...but most of all, I think watching them burn couches as their pre-game/post game ritual would be a thing of unspeakable beauty.....can't wait to get to Morgantown with the road grime on my car, the smell of burning couches on my clothes and fighting over the one bar of soap the local Dollar Store has in stock.....yeah buddy !

You should be prepared if you've been to Starkpatch.  West Virginia is beautiful, and don't worry about the couches.  They've all been doused in carcinogenic flame retardants.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

deshahawg

VT would be the best. I don't see them coming because it would be a much tougher road to hoe.

EastexHawg

Oklahoma.  They bring the most prestige and if we pulled in the Sooners it would be hilarious watching the Big 12 fall apart like a cheap suit.

OneLardAlmighty

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on August 29, 2011, 08:14:33 pm

Have you been to Morgantown?

Torqued pork

From the standpoint of strengthening the league the sec couldn't do much better than landing OU. From the standpoint of Arkansas gaining significant recruiting ground in Texas the addition of OU wouldn't help our cause a bit imo.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on September 02, 2011, 07:26:42 pm
From the standpoint of strengthening the league the sec couldn't do much better than landing OU. From the standpoint of Arkansas gaining significant recruiting ground in Texas the addition of OU wouldn't help our cause a bit imo.

Adding OU, OSU, Mizzoo and A&M sure would cut down on travel , gone to game good evening.

HatfieldHawg

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on August 29, 2011, 11:19:04 am
There is a "gentleman's agreement" in place in the SEC, no teams added from states that already have an SEC team.  This would eliminate FSU and Clemson off the bat.  I bet on VaTech.  I would have said UNC but their recent NCAA problems and ACC BBall ties effectively elimnate them.  Va Tech would add big time in football to the SEC.

WPS

Chris

O thank goodness!  We don't have to worry about them choosing Arkansas State. 

HoggyCat

I asked this in another thread, who is 13???
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Hogtropolis™