Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#90....wooow!!!

Started by code red, January 11, 2011, 11:21:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

code red

Is there another football player in the nation that is more ready for the NFL????  Fairly was a beast last nite.  Integrity and bias aside...If I got first pick...I pick him.  He is a game changer.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Nutts and Bolts

And he was a 3* recruit...
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

BigSexyHog

And you will be picking a major spare.... First time he does his little cheap shot on a NFL player they will take him out.. He won't have the SEC, the SEC Refs or the Auburn boosters to protect him in the NFL. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

code red

Quote from: BigSexyHog on January 11, 2011, 11:26:58 am
And you will be picking a major spare.... First time he does his little cheap shot on a NFL player they will take him out.. He won't have the SEC, the SEC Refs or the Auburn boosters to protect him in the NFL. 
Dude you watch the NFL???  The forearm to LMJ wouldn't even be called in the NFL.  Did you watch the Chiefs vs. Ravens last week??  All that mayhem and not one personal foul.  I disagree.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

PonderinHog

First time he pancakes a NFL QB, he'll find out what a chop-block feels like soon thereafter.

311Hog

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 11, 2011, 11:40:06 am
First time he pancakes a NFL QB, he'll find out what a chop-block feels like soon thereafter.

Im sorry dude but i think you might need to rewatch the Game.  I saw no less then 4 attempts by Oregon O Linemen to chop block Fairley.  It is pretty much standard procedure in the Oline Dline game from Jr High on.  People going to cut and people going to get cut your knees are always in danger.

TomasPistola

Quote from: code red on January 11, 2011, 11:29:00 am
Dude you watch the NFL???  The forearm to LMJ wouldn't even be called in the NFL.  Did you watch the Chiefs vs. Ravens last week??  All that mayhem and not one personal foul.  I disagree.

Mayhem?
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

hoglady

I think - He was THE gamechanger last night.
If he stays healthy he'll have a chance for a great NFL career.
The guy is big, quick and mean / I'd want him on my team anytime.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

code red

Quote from: 311Hog on January 11, 2011, 01:46:19 pm

I'm sorry dude but i think you might need to rewatch the Game.  I saw no less then 4 attempts by Oregon O Linemen to chop block Fairley.  It is pretty much standard procedure in the Oline Dline game from Jr High on.  People going to cut and people going to get cut your knees are always in danger.
Agreed I just got finished watching the game again.  The best tackle of the night was the third and goal.  He personally defended 14 points being scored on his team.  I do think he should have received a late hit PF vs. Arkansas in Oct.  He will make some NFL team happy.

311Hog

Quote from: code red on January 11, 2011, 03:18:27 pm
Agreed I just got finished watching the game again.  The best tackle of the night was the third and goal.  He personally defended 14 points being scored on his team.  I do think he should have received a late hit PF vs. Arkansas in Oct.  He will make some NFL team happy.

^^^ This

Rarely do you see a game so meaningfully impacted by a Defensive linemen, but he did it.

Some huge plays in last nights game, one was that shoe string tackle by i forget some freshman CB at the 4 yard line then the Auburn D led by Fairley stuffs them on 4 attempts.

It amazes me how a team can get so far on the backs of basically 2 players one on offense the other on defense.

hawgeathawg

He's a beast, no doubt. Too bad he's such a thug. Leaves me with no respect for him, but I'm sure he's gonna lose sleep over what I think. He'll get his in the big league.

SteveInArk

For sure we, and the rest of the SEC, don't like him.  But he should be one heck of an NFL player.  What is considered dirty play in college will get you a Pro Bowl selection in the NFL ... watching him last night, with no dog in the hunt, I was really impressed.  Don't like his style, but still impressive, imo.

The one 15-yarder ... badge of honor to him, likley.  ;)
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

songofthesword

as much as I hate auburn, dude is a freaking hoss.l

can you imagine a team like detrioit with him AND suh on the same team? I'd just quit.

Ugly Uncle

Fairley or Heyward in the draft?  Who do you take?
Retired Radio Host

Big Papa Satan

Heyward, simply because he isn't a piece of darn like Fairley.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: code red on January 11, 2011, 11:21:24 am
Is there another football player in the nation that is more ready for the NFL????  Fairly was a beast last nite.  Integrity and bias aside...If I got first pick...I pick him.  He is a game changer.
the same was said about Mt. Cody, how is that working out?

PP

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Pulledpork on January 12, 2011, 05:06:57 am

PP

he's working out pretty well for a first year 2nd round pick, don't ya think?

Tim Harris

The dude is worthless as a person IMO but is one hell of a D-lineman.

Steef

Quote from: code red on January 11, 2011, 11:29:00 am

You're right and wrong.

He won't get flagged for it. He'll just get 'noticed' by the opponents for it. And they won't get flagged for what they do BACK.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: kingofdequeen on January 12, 2011, 05:32:50 am
he's working out pretty well for a first year 2nd round pick, don't ya think?
what do you consider "working out pretty well"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrence_Cody#Baltimore_Ravens
In his unofficial NFL debut, a preseason game against the Carolina Panthers, Cody had a solid performance, finishing with five tackles (four solo).[100] His most impressive play came in the first half, when he tackled DeAngelo Williams with one arm for a loss while holding off Panthers center Ryan Kalil with the other.[101] On November 21, he made his first official start, debuting against the Carolina Panthers at Bank of America Stadium.[102] Unlike his preseason performance, he was criticized for his poor performance from fans and head coach John Harbaugh.[103] During a play, the Panthers offensive lineman pushed Cody out of the way, allowing Mike Goodson to have a 45-yard run. Cody finished the game without any tackles, as the Ravens defense allowed 120 rushing yards.[104]

sounds pedestrian to me...

PP

Tigris Maximus

Cody is also hugely overweight and more of a run stopper than a pass rusher because of his size.  He really only works well in a 3-4 defense and even then just to occupy linemen so the LBs can make tackles.

Fairley will probably be a top 5 pick.  He's about 40 lbs. lighter than Lard Cody and much, much quicker and faster.  He'll be a great player in the pros.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Tigris Maximus on January 12, 2011, 08:33:25 am
Cody is also hugely overweight and more of a run stopper than a pass rusher because of his size.  He really only works well in a 3-4 defense and even then just to occupy linemen so the LBs can make tackles.

Fairley will probably be a top 5 pick.  He's about 40 lbs. lighter than Lard Cody and much, much quicker and faster.  He'll be a great player in the pros.
that wasn't my point, but thanks for playing

PP

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Pulledpork on January 12, 2011, 08:15:39 am
what do you consider "working out pretty well"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrence_Cody#Baltimore_Ravens
sounds pedestrian to me...

PP

12 tackles in the last 4 games - played in 13 games this year - played well against KC last week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24032/news;_ylt=AjOvDwAdNt02Sa8vfLaP30j.uLYF

he's a hole plugger like every other DT that's played for baltimore.  they don't make tackles.  they eat up blockers to allow Ray Lewis and Co to clean up. 

see: tony siragusa - who started for them and never had more than 40 tackles in a season.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: kingofdequeen on January 12, 2011, 08:41:38 am
12 tackles in the last 4 games - played in 13 games this year - played well against KC last week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24032/news;_ylt=AjOvDwAdNt02Sa8vfLaP30j.uLYF

he's a hole plugger like every other DT that's played for baltimore.  they don't make tackles.  they eat up blockers to allow Ray Lewis and Co to clean up. 

see: tony siragusa - who started for them and never had more than 40 tackles in a season.
I just vaguely remember all the prognosticators saying he was the next great thing in defensive football.  there are 40 like players equal to Fairley already in the nfl, I don't think he is going to make that big of a splash.

jmo

PP

hogfan74

Who said you have to be a boy scout to play NFL football?  That guy can play.  If he's dirty then all of the defensive players in the 60's and 70's were dirty.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Pulledpork on January 12, 2011, 08:44:07 am
I just vaguely remember all the prognosticators saying he was the next great thing in defensive football.  there are 40 like players equal to Fairley already in the nfl, I don't think he is going to make that big of a splash.

jmo

PP

well...the prognosticators didn't draft him w/ the 25th pick in the 2nd round, so....

Hogman2

He will be a great "cheap shot artist" in the NFL!  They will get him back though!

Tigris Maximus

Quote from: Pulledpork on January 12, 2011, 08:35:19 am
that wasn't my point, but thanks for playing

PP
The guy said Fairley would be a gamechanger and you countered with what people thought of Terrance Cody and asked how that worked out.  I pointed out that there are flaws in comparing the two players. 

Do you even know what we're playing Mr. Short Term Memory Loss?

NWASooner

If he's such a "beast," then why was he a backup last year?  What changed?

Tigris Maximus

Quote from: NWASooner on January 12, 2011, 10:17:12 am
If he's such a "beast," then why was he a backup last year?  What changed?

Well, there often is an adjustment in one's first year of SEC play coming from JUCO, and we had a senior and two juniors at DT already who had SEC experience.  He came on stronger as the year progressed and jumped those two juniors (seniors this year) in the spring practices.

Is there some rule that says a player can't be considered a "beast" going into the NFL if he wasn't like that his entire college career or something?

NWASooner

QuoteIs there some rule that says a player can't be considered a "beast" going into the NFL if he wasn't like that his entire college career or something?

No but if we're talking high first round money, I'd want someone who was more than a backup in college 10 months ago.

Then again, I've seen dumber draft picks than Fairley.

superior_wang

The local guys out here (Alfred Williams, Mark Schlereth)  arent impressed with him. Said  Oregon was running a gimmick offense and their O line wasnt lining up man  on man , often leaving Fairley unblocked to begin with. He looked darn good to me, but im not a former NFL lineman.

Tigris Maximus

Quote from: superior_wang on January 12, 2011, 12:19:01 pm
The local guys out here (Alfred Williams, Mark Schlereth)  arent impressed with him. Said  Oregon was running a gimmick offense and their O line wasnt lining up man  on man , often leaving Fairley unblocked to begin with. He looked darn good to me, but im not a former NFL lineman.

That point might be more sound if Fairley hadn't been camping out in almost everyone's backfield all year long.  It doesn't appear to matter what offense you run.  Fairley is nearly impossible to keep blocked.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Tigris Maximus on January 12, 2011, 10:14:06 am
The guy said Fairley would be a gamechanger and you countered with what people thought of Terrance Cody and asked how that worked out.  I pointed out that there are flaws in comparing the two players. 

Do you even know what we're playing Mr. Short Term Memory Loss?
what flaws?  both are highly regarded defensive players per "the experts", doesn't matter their position.  If Fairley was a safety and Cody was a LB, it would still be the same argument.  I don't think either one of them will amount to much.

Do you remember a gent by the name of Brian Bosworth?  How about Tony Mandarich?  You get my drift now?  oh, and we are talking badmitton.

PP

jbcarol

Mel, Jr. talked Fairley yesterday on PTI.  Has him #1 on his board.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

NWASooner

Look at every interior defensive lineman over the last 10 years that had been a top draft pick.  Every single one of them were starters for multiple years, most of them from the day that stepped on campus.  Big time DT's are rare.  If you're good, you're starting.

Meanwhile, Fairley was a backup last year on a bad Auburn defense.

Steef

The thing is...Fairley doesn't need to be dirty. He really is almost unblockable. And he gets into opponents' backfields almost casually.

So when he arrives at the QB or R B, the hard part is done. All he needs to do is just TACKLE the guy!

But THAT is when he does his dirty stuff. When it won't accomplish anything 'football'. It's just meanness with the intent to hurt someone.

If he stopped that junk, he would be a football hero. Instead, he's considered a goat.

code red

Quote from: Pulledpork on January 12, 2011, 05:06:57 am

PP
Not even close physically Mt. Cody is a slob.  Saban just played him at 1 tech to make you think you need to double team.  Opening the blitzing for that stud McCain. 

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: code red on January 12, 2011, 05:39:53 pm
Not even close physically Mt. Cody is a slob.  Saban just played him at 1 tech to make you think you need to double team.  Opening the blitzing for that stud McCain.
I don't think I am making my point well.....I was simply stating that both of these guys are/were regarded as game changers coming out of college.....I don't think Mount Cody has been that, so I am wondering if Fairley Dirty will be the same.  that's why I listed examples of "game changers" that went bust.

PP

311Hog

something you all may not have caught on the post game interviews, but it was said that Fairley until recently suffered from Sleep Apnea, as someone who also suffers from that i can understand why he has had such a resurgence this year compared to years past.

It really really saps your energy and once you either lose some weight or get the sleep mask it is terrible.

RazorbackBurger numba foe

Quote from: Pulledpork on January 13, 2011, 09:33:04 am
I don't think I am making my point well.....I was simply stating that both of these guys are/were regarded as game changers coming out of college.....I don't think Mount Cody has been that, so I am wondering if Fairley Dirty will be the same.  that's why I listed examples of "game changers" that went bust.

PP
Most said Cody was overweight and out of shape, not that he would be a year one game changer. Comparing Fairley and Cody is dumb...and since you have been on this sinking boat topic for this long I assume your dumb.

Dummy

superior_wang

Quote from: RazorbackBurger numba foe on January 13, 2011, 02:05:39 pm
Most said Cody was overweight and out of shape, not that he would be a year one game changer. Comparing Fairley and Cody is dumb...and since you have been on this sinking boat topic for this long I assume your dumb.

Dummy
How's that song go? .....sumtin bout
"dont tug on Superman's cape"
(some Jim Croce for you young pups )

Pulled(PP)pork

Dummy
I'll take that as a compliment from a newb, welcome aboard!

PP

RazorbackBurger numba foe

Quote from: Pulledpork on January 13, 2011, 02:18:17 pm
I'll take that as a compliment from a newb, welcome aboard!

PP
I'll take it...thanks buddy

PonderinHog

Dummy
Whose dumb?