mackey shows signed loi to va tech.
what did i miss?

El Puerco

I thought that guy was taking all his visits

NaturalHog

Razorhead 94 says he has a really strong feeling its gonna be Mackey
"Not only do I knock them out... but I pick the round..." Muhammed Ali

brh

Mackey did sign a LOI for Va. Tech, but due to something or another wound up in Hargrave for a year and now I believe he will come here by the end of the week

RazorBassin

Hamilton or Mackey...

cmiller01

sivad53

all i know is this class is filling up fast, we should be proud to be razorback fans with the way these coaches go out and get players.  Im sure ben doesn't "love the helmet" he's from canada, but thats the point.  Players know that playing at an SEC school and playing for an EXCELLENT coach will get them into the league if they work hard.  We have really been taking advantage of by the lies that have been told to us the last ten years.  The future is exciting.

Erockster20

I think these threads are good luck for us!

navyhog24

well mackey and d'aguilar would count towards last year technically

Michael Porkleone

Come on Mackey!!!

Let's make this happen. 
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

linze82

Quote from: brh on October 28, 2008, 05:32:48 pm
Mackey did sign a LOI for Va. Tech, but due to something or another wound up in Hargrave for a year and now I believe he will come here by the end of the week

thank you
smite me bishes

oldbear

It is Mackey, followed by Wingo and Richardson and Hamilton.  Then since we can count the two mid-termers on last years numbers come the two super secret ones.  Of course those are both five stars.  Man, I love dreaming and being all optimistic.

Tusks

If Mackey becomes a hog....with just him and what is committed so far....this is the best recruiting class the hogs have had in 25 years.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

RazorBassin

Quote from: oldbear on October 28, 2008, 06:14:51 pm
It is Mackey, followed by Wingo and Richardson and Hamilton.  Then since we can count the two mid-termers on last years numbers come the two super secret ones.  Of course those are both five stars.  Man, I love dreaming and being all optimistic.
It is just good to have something to be optimistic about in recruiting.  I am so pumped for the things to come for this team.

SquidBilly

I think we see Worrillow jump on next since we now have two LBs committed and likely will only sign three.  The window is about to close on that position for this year's class.

hawgsav1

Everyone said Mackey for 19,20, and 21.  I say we don't get him til 25.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ATLpiggie on October 28, 2008, 06:30:52 pm
I think we see Worrillow jump on next since we now have two LBs committed and likely will only sign three.  The window is about to close on that position for this year's class.

So Rasner will be a safety then?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

The_Iceman

Mackey would be huge for us!

SquidBilly

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 28, 2008, 06:46:00 pm
So Rasner will be a safety then?

I've always thought he was more of a safety type.  There was talk of him playing that hybrid position the coaches were using earlier but I think we've sinced abandoned that and gone back to a true 4-3.

joshUARK

Quote from: ATLpiggie on October 28, 2008, 06:30:52 pm

Only if he's planning on walking on. No way he gets a schollie.

Hogtropolis™

It seems like it has to be Mackey, but the way things have been going, I will be happy with whoever this staff signs.

SquidBilly

Quote from: joshUARK on October 28, 2008, 06:52:12 pm
Only if he's planning on walking on. No way he gets a schollie.

Why would the staff burn an official visit on a guy this early if they expected him only to be a walkon?

Zen_Hog

Haven't been this excited since the 06 class with Mustain.

kibster

Quote from: ATLpiggie on October 28, 2008, 06:54:33 pm
Why would the staff burn an official visit on a guy this early if they expected him only to be a walkon?
He is a good friend of Mackey
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

porcine1

My guess is because he's good friends with Mackey and Mackey asked if he could come too.

The real Hogules

With most of our recruits already on board our coaching staff has visits to burn and allowed him to tag along, but I seriously doubt that Worrillow ever gets a scholarship offer from the Razorbacks.

While Worrillow may turn out to be a solid D-1 player, he would have to be considered a reach att this time and since this staff "so far" hasn't been doing any looking for diamonds in the rough, I doubt they start with Worrillow.

Big Leon Mackey gets my vote as well!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Tusks

what are the hogs chances with mackey?

50%, 60%, 70%, 80%, 90% ? ? ?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

kingguter

Quote from: nutted on October 28, 2008, 07:26:33 pm
what are the hogs chances with mackey?

50%, 60%, 70%, 80%, 90% ? ? ?

100%

navyhog24

worrilow wouldnt be too much of a reach. he was the defensive player of the year in delaware in high school. but for him to come here, he has to be offered a scholarship first. thats what he is looking for. he had offers from small schools out of high school but went to jc b/c he didnt like those offers and wanted a big school and not wanting to walk on. if he did walk on, then would be awesome though. you can never have too many linebackers that size and speed. most of our lb's are safety size or olb size

Razorod

Quote from: navyhog24 on October 28, 2008, 07:46:18 pm
worrilow wouldnt be too much of a reach. he was the defensive player of the year in delaware in high school. but for him to come here, he has to be offered a scholarship first. thats what he is looking for. he had offers from small schools out of high school but went to jc b/c he didnt like those offers and wanted a big school and not wanting to walk on. if he did walk on, then would be awesome though. you can never have too many linebackers that size and speed. most of our lb's are safety size or olb size
would the hogs be talking to him about being a preferred walk-on.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

ucahardhitter41

I say we have a 70 percent chance with mackey from what I understand he is taking all of his visits and you never know what can go through his mind, hopefully he commits soon but i say we won't know until 2009.

navyhog24

Quote from: Razorod on October 28, 2008, 07:56:05 pm
would the hogs be talking to him about being a preferred walk-on.

could be. but from what others said is that he was visiting us b/c mackey asked if he could come along. but now coach petrino is gonna keep in touch with him and supposedly wants to talk tom him a lot more

titanhawg

Quote from: ucahardhitter41 on October 28, 2008, 08:04:14 pm
I say we have a 70 percent chance with mackey from what I understand he is taking all of his visits and you never know what can go through his mind, hopefully he commits soon but i say we won't know until 2009.

We will know on Mackey before 2009 because he's a mid-term guy, unless he doesn't commit til early January.

ucahardhitter41

ok i forgot about that your right

lovetailgatin

Let's make sure we have room for 3. That is Wingo, Richardson, and Sentimore if they do decide to come here. But you know what is great to think that we have a chance with all these guys and they are 5*. Go HOGS

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: lovetailgatin on October 28, 2008, 08:40:55 pm
Let's make sure we have room for 3. That is Wingo, Richardson, and Sentimore if they do decide to come here. But you know what is great to think that we have a chance with all these guys and they are 5*. Go HOGS

You can always have room.  In the past at many schools, players that have parents that are financially able have been asked to take one for the team and pay their own way to make room. But I got a feeling Petrino will cut some dead weight. Just my opinion.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

navyhog24

i wouldnt doubt it if he did do that in the offseason by urging a few of the players to transfer elsewhere if they are not giving their all or are just not cutting it.

jackflash

I think it will be awhile before we know about Mackey, Wingo and Richardson are not visiting until later. I think it maybe Crawford this weekend?

navyhog24

crawford and leron furr are visiting this weekend

tendu

cbjagman

Petrino not surprisingly bests the other D1 coaches, including Carroll, at their
own game: he doesn't stop recruiting at the borders of the good ole U.S.A.
Now he's started recruiting INTERNATIONALLY! Once again BP raises the bar and
stardards. Hey Hootie, how ya like them apples???????

ucahardhitter41

I'm going to say Crawford next Monday, Furr soon after

Wildhog

It'll be Cobi or Crawford, and it'll be within the next week.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawgvillain

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on October 28, 2008, 09:17:04 pm
You can always have room.  In the past at many schools, players that have parents that are financially able have been asked to take one for the team and pay their own way to make room. But I got a feeling Petrino will cut some dead weight. Just my opinion.
Just to be clear - pulling current players' scholarships will not allow us to sign more in this class.  You can only give 25 schollies at a time.

It will, however, help to keep us under the 85 total limit...

Wildhog

Quote from: Hawgvillain on October 29, 2008, 12:02:17 am
Just to be clear - pulling current players' scholarships will not allow us to sign more in this class.  You can only give 25 schollies at a time.

It will, however, help to keep us under the 85 total limit...

You're right, and I believe there are several players on this team that deserve to have their freakin' schollies yanked.
1909/1964/1965/1977

CPL HOG

So what are the chances of getting Wingo

Wildhog

Quote from: CPL HOG on October 29, 2008, 01:10:32 am
So what are the chances of getting Wingo

I'd say 50/50.  Us or Mizzou.
1909/1964/1965/1977

pitbull1

All I can say is Hootie better be glad he beat us this year, because this his last time!!