Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU 247 Board is in Total Metldown

Started by whosiskid, November 22, 2015, 04:58:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whosiskid

I was looking at some of the other SEC forums to gauge their feelings about some of the kids we are recruiting and was interested to see that the LSU board is in a state of meltdown. They all seem to consider that Miles is all but gone and a lot of the discussion is focused on his replacement. It reminds me a bit of HV back when we were looking for a replacement for Smith. A lot of the coaching suggestions are absurd, like a number of successful pro coaches, and not so successful pro coaches who might be enticed to return to college, like Chip Kelley. One poster castigated Miles because he "passed" on a number of successful QBs, like "Dak Prescott, Brandon Allen . . . " Now, I don't know about whether Prescott would have had any interest in LSU, but it is inconceivable that Brandon would have had any interest whatsoever in LSU. His dad was a position coach at Arkansas at the time, and he had powerful ties to the state. I don't think there was ever a time when he would have been willing to leave the state for anywhere, unless Arkansas didn't offer him.

Anyway, anyone with a 247 subscription ought to check it out. The URL is:

http://lsu.247sports.com/Board/LSU-Football-Message-Board-Forums-59425

And of course, you will find there the inevitable thread saying that they ought to hire . . . . GRUDEN!!!
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

The_Hog_Father

Reading it now... Amazing.

If LSU gets rid of Les Miles, there is a great chance that they will return to their former selves. They need to pump their brakes but they won't.

Hiring two Major Coordinators that haven't necessarily panned out hasn't helped them. Give a good Pro QB instead a bad duel threat QB and they would be a totally different team. He never should have let Chavis go... I bet Chavis feels the same now too.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: whosiskid on November 22, 2015, 04:58:03 pm
I was looking at some of the other SEC forums to gauge their feelings about some of the kids we are recruiting and was interested to see that the LSU board is in a state of meltdown. They all seem to consider that Miles is all but gone and a lot of the discussion is focused on his replacement. It reminds me a bit of HV back when we were looking for a replacement for Smith. A lot of the coaching suggestions are absurd, like a number of successful pro coaches, and not so successful pro coaches who might be enticed to return to college, like Chip Kelley. One poster castigated Miles because he "passed" on a number of successful QBs, like "Dak Prescott, Brandon Allen . . . " Now, I don't know about whether Prescott would have had any interest in LSU, but it is inconceivable that Brandon would have had any interest whatsoever in LSU. His dad was a position coach at Arkansas at the time, and he had powerful ties to the state. I don't think there was ever a time when he would have been willing to leave the state for anywhere, unless Arkansas didn't offer him.

Anyway, anyone with a 247 subscription ought to check it out. The URL is:

http://lsu.247sports.com/Board/LSU-Football-Message-Board-Forums-59425

And of course, you will find there the inevitable thread saying that they ought to hire . . . . GRUDEN!!!
To that end, representatives of the football program have begun to vet potential replacements for Miles through back channels, the source said, with a preference for an established head coach. Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher is the main target for many foundation members, the source said. Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney, TCU head coach Gary Patterson and even former NFL coach Jon Gruden have also been mentioned as candidates.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli