Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miles out - all but official

Started by Karma, November 22, 2015, 02:35:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Starcs

So leach would average 10 wins a season at Lsu. 
Same as les then right?

COCHISE

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 23, 2015, 09:27:54 pm
he de-committed last night
Thanks. Just saw that. My basic premise remains though. LSU has and always will be able to recruit the talent to compete for NC's on a regular basis.

pigture perfect

If he isn't gone by tomorrow, he will finish the regular season. They need to game plan aTm. If they were going to fire him, it should have been Sunday morning.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 23, 2015, 06:03:07 pm
Leach won 84 games at Texas Tech over 10 seasons (an average of 8.4 wins per season).

With the talent he would have at LSU, he could possibly average 10 wins per season.

Isn't that what Les is doing now...?  8)

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: COCHISE on November 23, 2015, 10:28:03 pm
Thanks. Just saw that. My basic premise remains though. LSU has and always will be able to recruit the talent to compete for NC's on a regular basis.

He's able to do that at FSU too. The Noles haven't exactly had problems pulling in top-3 classes.

riccoar

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on November 24, 2015, 07:34:43 am
He's able to do that at FSU too. The Noles haven't exactly had problems pulling in top-3 classes.
But like LSU, they've had problems transferring that talent into NC's.  That's one of the chief complaints on Miles at LSU is they feel they have the talent to be better than a 2-3 loss team every year.  What coach wants that kinda of pressure?

COCHISE

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on November 24, 2015, 07:34:43 am
I agree with that. I just disagree with your assertion that Jimbo wouldn't leave Florida State because he has more talent to win a NC over the next 2-3 years than what he would have at LSU. How many coaches would get to inherit a Heisman front runner? I would agree though that staying at Florida State would likely give him a better shot at winning another NC but it has more to do with playing in a weaker conference, making it easier to get into the playoff. One thing Fisher will consider also is the fact that he will always be playing second fiddle to Florida in terms of the state's flagship program, an issue he won't have at LSU.

HotlantaHog

Quote from: pigture perfect on November 23, 2015, 10:54:41 pm
If he isn't gone by tomorrow, he will finish the regular season. They need to game plan aTm. If they were going to fire him, it should have been Sunday morning.

This is absolutely correct. Best time to fire a coach is AFTER a season not during it.

GuvHog

Quote from: LSUFan on November 23, 2015, 11:49:59 am
Stupid decision, if you ask me. Les has the highest winning percentage of any coach that has coached at LSU.

It may be a chance for CBP to get back in the SEC though.

I find it hard to believe that LSU would pay 15 million to buy Les out then pay another 11 Million to buy Bobby Petrino's contract at Lousville out.

I just don't see that happening.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

Quote from: scruf on November 23, 2015, 11:37:49 am
Houston Nutt IS interested in the job.

What BCS power conference job is Hooten NOT interested in? Of course he's interested, the question is: would LSWho be dumb enough to hire him? I don't think so...
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: COCHISE on November 24, 2015, 09:11:48 am
I agree with that. I just disagree with your assertion that Jimbo wouldn't leave Florida State because he has more talent to win a NC over the next 2-3 years than what he would have at LSU. How many coaches would get to inherit a Heisman front runner? I would agree though that staying at Florida State would likely give him a better shot at winning another NC but it has more to do with playing in a weaker conference, making it easier to get into the playoff. One thing Fisher will consider also is the fact that he will always be playing second fiddle to Florida in terms of the state's flagship program, an issue he won't have at LSU.

My counter to that would be that we have Dalvin Cook, who is every bit as good as Fournette, and he's only a sophomore too. So he has a Heisman candidate coming back. Also we're a better program than Florida (and Miami) right now. Their status as a program doesn't carry the same weight it did when Urban was coaching, at least from a recruiting standpoint.

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: riccoar on November 24, 2015, 08:32:03 am
But like LSU, they've had problems transferring that talent into NC's.  That's one of the chief complaints on Miles at LSU is they feel they have the talent to be better than a 2-3 loss team every year.  What coach wants that kinda of pressure?

We won the national championship 2 years ago and we reached the playoffs last year. This year was supposed to be a rebuilding year, and the next 2-3 years we should be right back in the hunt. FSU is in a better situation right now than LSU.

Atlhogfan1

Of course FSU is in a better position.  It is LSU but just farther East down the I10 prime recruiting territory and in a division with some athletic programs who have done some good things on the basketball court outside of Clemson.  Would be foolish for a HC to leave FSU for almost any job.  Public university who has long been lenient on dealing with the "Florida" factor you have to deal with when recruiting that region playing in a conference with small private colleges.  Other than Texas, it is the biggest frontrunner job in college football in terms of advantages. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

The real Hogules

Their W's and & L's may be similar, but winning in the SEC is much more difficult than what FSU faces week in and week out.
Just sayin...............................
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

riccoar

November 24, 2015, 01:34:28 pm #64 Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 02:24:31 pm by riccoar
Quote from: Chief_Osceola on November 24, 2015, 12:18:39 pm
We won the national championship 2 years ago and we reached the playoffs last year. This year was supposed to be a rebuilding year, and the next 2-3 years we should be right back in the hunt. FSU is in a better situation right now than LSU.
Rebuild from what?  Your in the ACC.  You've out recruited Clemson since 2008 so what and who in the ACC were you chasing?

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on November 24, 2015, 12:15:50 pm
My counter to that would be that we have Dalvin Cook, who is every bit as good as Fournette, and he's only a sophomore too. So he has a Heisman candidate coming back. Also we're a better program than Florida (and Miami) right now. Their status as a program doesn't carry the same weight it did when Urban was coaching, at least from a recruiting standpoint.

I would take Fournette over Cook any day of the week and twice on Sundays... 8)

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on November 24, 2015, 12:18:39 pm

That awbern team that ya'll beat two years ago wasn't even the best team in the SEC.

FSU has an easier road to the CFP than does LSU, that is for sure.

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: riccoar on November 24, 2015, 01:34:28 pm
Rebuild from what?  Your in the ACC.  You've out recruited Clemson since 2008 so what and who in the ACC were you chasing?

You don't set a record for number of players drafted in a 3-year span without a bit of a drop off. This past draft especially.

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on November 24, 2015, 02:06:50 pm
That awbern team that ya'll beat two years ago wasn't even the best team in the SEC.

FSU has an easier road to the CFP than does LSU, that is for sure.

Did Auburn not win the SEC that year? Did they not beat Bama?

I don't dispute the fact that the ACC is not as strong as the SEC top to bottom. I've never said that.

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on November 24, 2015, 02:05:09 pm
I would take Fournette over Cook any day of the week and twice on Sundays... 8)

Why? Cook is better.

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

As goofy as Leslie IS, when is the last time an LSU coach averaged a 10-3 record with two NCG appearances and 1 NC over a period of time?

Saban wasn't there that long as we all know, but who besides Leslie had that kind of record there?

I don't see Dumbo Fisher taking the job with the sweet gig he has and no brutal SECW to navigate every year. They have top ranked recruiting classes and I'm not so sure that Osceola isn't right in that Dalvin Cook may be better than Fournette pound for pound.

He's much smaller, but there have been reports of Fournette sitting next year anyway to save himself for the NFL.

Imagine the headache of a new coach having to deal with LF's entourage and "the decision" II, not to mention following a coach with a 110-32 record over 11 seasons...

The corndog fanbase has become increasingly demanding and the saturation coverage by the media even with an NFL team right down the road is not every coach's handful of grass.

My guess is that Leslie goes into TV unless he is determined to coach a few more years. If he does, someone will give him a shot with that record. Maryland or maybe S. Carolina. The Gamehens have made two straight hires of old past-their-prime codgers...
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

pigture perfect

Who is Cook. I've never heard of him. Seriously.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Chief_Osceola

Quote from: pigture perfect on November 24, 2015, 08:59:57 pm

Dalvin Cook, aka the best all-purpose back in college football.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: pigture perfect on November 24, 2015, 08:59:57 pm

If you seriously haven't heard of him perhaps you shouldn't be posting on a college football message board even to ask who somebody is.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Nuttcracker, Sweet! on November 24, 2015, 08:39:31 pm
As goofy as Leslie IS, when is the last time an LSU coach averaged a 10-3 record with two NCG appearances and 1 NC over a period of time?

Saban wasn't there that long as we all know, but who besides Leslie had that kind of record there?

I don't see Dumbo Fisher taking the job with the sweet gig he has and no brutal SECW to navigate every year. They have top ranked recruiting classes and I'm not so sure that Osceola isn't right in that Dalvin Cook may be better than Fournette pound for pound.

He's much smaller, but there have been reports of Fournette sitting next year anyway to save himself for the NFL.

Imagine the headache of a new coach having to deal with LF's entourage and "the decision" II, not to mention following a coach with a 110-32 record over 11 seasons...

The corndog fanbase has become increasingly demanding and the saturation coverage by the media even with an NFL team right down the road is not every coach's handful of grass.

My guess is that Leslie goes into TV unless he is determined to coach a few more years. If he does, someone will give him a shot with that record. Maryland or maybe S. Carolina. The Gamehens have made two straight hires of old past-their-prime codgers...

If Les does go into TV as a commentator......wonder who they will have him paired with to explain what he just said?    ;)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Jack The BN

All this Jimbo talk is just to throw off USCe while they ink a deal with Rick Laweson.
I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

riccoar

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on November 24, 2015, 03:46:01 pm
Why? Cook is better.
No, he's not.  Fournette is the top dog.  If Fournette were in the ACC he would have 1800 yards rushing rather than 1500+ in the SEC.

riccoar

Quote from: Jack The BN on November 24, 2015, 11:21:41 pm
All this Jimbo talk is just to throw off USCe while they ink a deal with Rick Laweson.
I think the Jimbo talk will garner him a nice raise either way.  He's got a great gig at FSU.  I have zero clue why he would want the crazy expectations that would come with LSU.

razoredge178

Quote from: Nuttcracker, Sweet! on November 24, 2015, 08:39:31 pm

I think you're dead on with Carolina. They'd spill cash to have him. And would appreciate him too. He may be a donkey, but he's done real, real good by way of LSU, and they've been wanting to fire him for the better part of 5+ years.

hoglady

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 23, 2015, 09:22:45 am
This may not be popular, but I think the perfect coach for that LSU program would be Dan Mullen. His system is a good balance of power football with a little bit of modern elements to it. They could improve their offense without gutting their defense with a HUNH approach.

That's what I said when I first heard Miles might be leaving.
LSU would be scary with Mullen - considering what he's done at Ms. St, no telling what he could do at LSU with their recruiting advantages.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on November 24, 2015, 03:44:56 pm
Did Auburn not win the SEC that year? Did they not beat Bama?

I don't dispute the fact that the ACC is not as strong as the SEC top to bottom. I've never said that.

Deals with Satan didn't make awbern the best team that year...just the luckiest. 8)

NoNC4Tubs

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on November 24, 2015, 10:42:01 pm

Hahaha...seriously? Did you even see Fournette this year?  8)

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: riccoar on November 25, 2015, 08:16:41 am
No, he's not.  Fournette is the top dog.  If Fournette were in the ACC he would have 1800 yards rushing rather than 1500+ in the SEC.

True dat!  8)

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 14h14 hours ago

Report: Les Miles will be fired "as early as Sunday or Monday" http://trib.al/kaPmR9p

QuoteMiles will be getting the axe in a matter of days, according to FOX Sports reporter Bruce Feldman, whose message was relayed by ESPN's Peter Burns on Twitter Thursday.

"'I've heard as early as Sunday or Monday, Les Miles will be let go as the coach of LSU' – @BruceFeldmanCFB just now on Texas/Tech pregame," Burns tweeted.

LSU, which debuted at No. 2 in the College Football Playoff rankings just three weeks ago, welcomes Texas A&M to Tiger Stadium on Saturday...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Tim Brando ‏@TimBrando Nov 25

LSU's Administration had better prepare itself for one of the BIGGEST IMAGE hits in CFB History. They've mishandled Miles in the worst way!
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

NorCalRazorback

Les Miles will be replaced by Jimbo Fisher and will get a 5 Year for $30M deal, plus a huge budget for hiring any assistant coaches he wants.  How do we think that will impact our Florida recruiting.
"...and Decori Birmingham has caught it in the back of the end zone to tie it at 20 all with 9 seconds left..." 

Miracle on Markham '02
Arkansas 21 LSU 20

rljjr

Quote from: NorCalRazorback on November 27, 2015, 09:42:38 am
Les Miles will be replaced by Jimbo Fisher and will get a 5 Year for $30M deal, plus a huge budget for hiring any assistant coaches he wants.  How do we think that will impact our Florida recruiting.

Not that I don't think this is a real possibility, but there's nothing scrolling on the SEC network about this. I won't be rude and ask "link" ... but I will wait for confirmation.

It is, however, an interesting topic.

To answer the question we will beat the crap out of any Jimbo Fisher team because the guy is the king of coverup and I can't stand him. His kind always go down in flames. LSU is NOT the hotbed of football that they believe they are. There will be a price to pay for running Les off -- at least for several seasons.

HiggiePiggy

Well that will suck because I was hoping less would stay for a few more years. It's always nice knowing that we have a chance against LSU every year no matter how bad our teams are. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

arkbengal

Well, Franks has decommitted officially but If it is Jimbo he may get him back or get Malik Henry (?) to swap

arkbengal

Negative - that would be Mcafrey (?) from Stanford.

Dominicanhog

I don't like FSU.. despise Jumbo but Dalvin Cook is the real deal and a strong case could certainly be made that he is the best back in college.. only other one I would even consider is Forunette.. he will have a nice pro career...

LSUFan

Quote from: jbcarol on November 27, 2015, 08:59:16 am
Tim Brando ‏@TimBrando Nov 25

LSU's Administration had better prepare itself for one of the BIGGEST IMAGE hits in CFB History. They've mishandled Miles in the worst way!
It will be a cold day in hell before I buy another ticket or make a donation.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

grayhawg

I'll believe it when I see it, surely even the corn dogs aren't that stupid.

GoHogs1091

If they replace Miles with Fisher, then I predict the following will be the LSU Coaching Staff.

Head Coach   Jimbo Fisher

Co-Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks   Randy Sanders

Co-Offensive Coordinator/Wide Receivers   Lawrence Dawsey

Offensive Line   Rick Trickett

Special Teams/Running Backs   Jay Graham

Recruiting Coordinator/Tight Ends   Tim Brewster

Defensive Coordinator/Secondary   Will Muschamp

Defensive Tackles   Odell Haggins

Defensive Ends   Ed Orgeron

Linebackers   Bill Miller

I predict LSU's current Running Backs Coach/Recruiting Coordinator, Frank Wilson, will get the Tulane Head Coach job.

sickboy

Quote from: arkbengal on November 27, 2015, 10:17:04 am

Negative - that would be Mcafrey (?) from Stanford.

Not many people talk about McCaffrey. That kid is unreal. He can do everything on the football field. He's like the modern version of Jim Thorpe.

LSUFan

Just saw some of the old money supporters at Sammy's down here.

FWIW

They said Miles is out after Saturday, Jimbo is a done deal and is bringing Muschamp (sp) with him.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

NoNC4Tubs

Muschamp leaves the dumpster fire down on the plains? Interesting...

GoHogs1091

If Fisher is going to LSU (and it is starting to look that will happen), a big key for Fisher will be for him to bring Lawrence Dawsey, Odell Haggins, and Tim Brewster.

Dawsey can flat out recruit.  Haggins is probably a top 5 in the nation Defensive Tackles Coach.  Brewster is a very good recruiter.  Fisher will probably keep Ed Orgeron (unless he gets a head coaching job).  With Dawsey, Brewster, and Orgeron, it could very well be the best recruiting Staff in the SEC.