Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who Wins the Egg Bowl?

Started by HawgWild, November 22, 2015, 12:58:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgWild

Both teams scored at will on us and we weren't too shabby against them. Are they both going to score 50+?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Last 10 Egg Bowls MSU has won 6.  It's been the home team coming out on top except when MSU won in Oxford in 2010.  Game is in Starkville, it will be Chad Kelly's first game hearing cowbells. I also think Dan Mullen is the better coach, so I'm going with the home team.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

RazorChuck

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: HawgWild on November 22, 2015, 12:58:35 pm
Both teams scored at will on us and we weren't too shabby against them. Are they both going to score 50+?

If MSU didn't turn it over three times against us, they probably put up 65-70.  So yeah, bet the over.

BigSexyHog

I won't be cheering for either team but I want Ole Piss to lose.  I hate them more than stank
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Dropkick

I'm for MSU but their pass defense is as bad as ours and Ole Miss can play defense from time to time. I say OM by 8.

Albert Einswine

I think MSU will win by a couple of scores.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

pigture perfect

OM's defense is better, which will give them the edge. I will root for The dogs though.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

TNhawgfan

I'm going with the home team. Ole Miss is not as good away from home (I know Alabama, but that was a fluke). Need more cowbells
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

RazorChuck

I'm pulling for a sink-hole to swallow them all up, no survivors.

NaturalStateReb

It's going to be an incredibly interesting game, IMO.  Both teams are pretty good, and State is pretty generally underappreciated.

To me, the biggest indicator may actually be the result from another game:  Alabama/Auburn.  if Auburn somehow pulls the upset--unlikely to be sure, but it'll be Auburn's Super Bowl and they'll be playing at home--then Ole Miss will win the West with an Egg Bowl win.  That result will be known before the Egg Bowl kicks off, probably.  If that the Tigers win, then I think Ole Miss is the likely winner.

If Auburn loses, it's probably more of a toss-up.  I think Ole Miss is the more talented, but less consistent team.  Still, I think Vegas is right to have them as the slight favorite.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

PorkRinds

I'm not sure the land guppy defense can stop Dak.   I want MSU to win, just because I always want Ole Miss to lose. 

jbcarol

Courtney Cronin ‏@CourtneyRCronin Nov 25

Missed my live chat? Check out a replay where I discuss what the Egg Bowl means in the scope of recruiting & more: http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/recruitingreport/2015/11/25/coming-11-m-recruiting-chat/76371104/ ...

Spoiler Alert: Mississippi State
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net