Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU or OM?

Started by JIHawg, November 21, 2015, 03:31:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

What helps our bowl selection?

DiamondHogFan

LSU win gives Ole Miss 4 losses with possibly another one coming next weekend in the egg bowl.

Florida will probably lose the next 2 giving them 3 losses.  Bama in playoffs, LSU in Sugar.  We would be next in line battling Florida and Ole Miss.  If we win out, we would be the 3rd best option out of the SEC for bowl committees IMO.

That is if LSU also beats A&M.

SquidBilly

Doesn't matter.  If we win out we're second in the west.

GB-Razorback

Old Mrs. wins this week.  Loses next week. 8-4

LSU loses this week and next. 8-4
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

GB-Razorback

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 21, 2015, 03:35:58 pm

Maybe but if LSU, Ole Miss and Arkansas are all 8-4 then ... maybe we will be sent to a better bowl.
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

SquidBilly

Quote from: GB-Razorback on November 21, 2015, 03:38:53 pm
Maybe but if LSU, Ole Miss and Arkansas are all 8-4 then ... maybe we will be sent to a better bowl.

Possibly but it hurts our SOS to have them both at 8-4.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 21, 2015, 03:40:36 pm
Possibly but it hurts our SOS to have them both at 8-4.
Do bowl committees look at SOS?  They want the hottest team with the best traveling fan base. 

We need our record to be at least similar to theirs.

DiamondHogFan

Looks like LSU have thrown in the towel.  Maybe an Ole Miss loss next week to Miss St could mean sugar bowl for us if we win out.

Duke of Swine

LSU is about to get pounded.......They look bad

GB-Razorback

Getting some good mentions in this game.  Never hurts. :razorback:

HamIAm

After the fact response, but at 24-0 in the 2nd quarter LSU is toast.

hoglady

Same ole, same ole with LSU and their QB's.
Any QB worth a darn in high school should run like heck AWAY from LSU as long as Miles is there.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

SquidBilly

How does LSU not have a back up QB that is at least as good as Harris?  That guy needs to be sent home early.

GB-Razorback

... and LSU beat Florida.

gmarv

ole miss is getting the break of playing lsu after lsu played Arkansas.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

I don't care what helps our cause.

I want LSU to lose every game period.

They're the only team that I hope loses out of SEC play.

Apparently, many of you have either forgotten or forgiven the fact they ridiculed our dead player (who died that week from some sort of heart ailment) as they called him a druggee, etc.

Someone help me out.  This happened while Petrino was our coach.

I believe it was his next to last year as our coach.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: GB-Razorback on November 21, 2015, 03:59:10 pm
Getting some good mentions in this game.  Never hurts. :razorback:

Yeah, but the nation is quickly switching to MSU/OSU or the Maureen O'Hara / John Wayne movie marathon.

ImHogginIt

Kicking LSU in the vajayjay  :-[

Danny J

I think we will go to the Sugar bowl IF we win out....Ole Miss loses MSU.

LSU looks terrible and so does the UF offense. They will lose to FSU and Bama.

I would guess it would be between us and Ole Miss and will also note that it is up to the SEC league office who goes to what bowls including the Sugar. If we win out we are the hottest team outside of Bama. The Gators won't win another game.

GB-Razorback

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on November 21, 2015, 04:04:57 pm
Yeah, but the nation is quickly switching to MSU/OSU or the Maureen O'Hara / John Wayne movie marathon.

Or the MSU/OSU borefest that I turned to.  Yawn ...

HogPharmer

Gary said LSU is very "young but talented"... Haven't they been "young but talented" the last 3 years
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HogPharmer

Also, Arkansas did not score 53 points on LSU a week ago
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Danny J

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on November 21, 2015, 04:04:24 pm
I don't care what helps our cause.

I want LSU to lose every game period.

They're the only team that I hope loses out of SEC play.

Apparently, many of you have either forgotten or forgiven the fact they ridiculed our dead player (who died that week from some sort of heart ailment) as they called him a druggee, etc.

Someone help me out.  This happened while Petrino was our coach.

I believe it was his next to last year as our coach.
It was Garrett uekman

owl

Quote from: gmarv on November 21, 2015, 04:04:07 pm
ole miss is getting the break of playing lsu after lsu played Arkansas.
What is the line?
OWL says SUPPORT THE HOGS

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Danny J on November 21, 2015, 04:05:37 pm
I think we will go to the Sugar bowl IF we win out....Ole Miss loses MSU.

LSU looks terrible and so does the UF offense. They will lose to FSU and Bama.

I would guess it would be between us and Ole Miss and will also note that it is up to the SEC league office who goes to what bowls including the Sugar. If we win out we are the hottest team outside of Bama. The Gators won't win another game.

Agree with all of the above. Hard to dispute
This is my non-signature signature.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Danny J on November 21, 2015, 04:06:46 pm
It was Garrett uekman

+1 for the assist.

So, have you all forgotten or forgiven?
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

DiamondHogFan

Arkansas concussion.  LSU is still in a daze.

Großer Kriegschwein

SooiecidetillNuttgone

As a side note, LSU getting slaughtered diminishes the quality of our win a bit.
His response to me:

Danny J

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on November 21, 2015, 04:07:59 pm
+1 for the assist.

So, have you all forgotten or forgiven?
Not I.....they are a despicable fan base.

PORKULATOR

I hate Rebel Bear and all the faithful dad's that support 'em.
I just really really hate those peckers.
Woopigs
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Danny J

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 21, 2015, 04:07:52 pm
Agree with all of the above. Hard to dispute
AND the last time the Gators played in the Sugar bowl they had very few fans...it was almost all UL fans. I am telling you guys that the Gators have no chance at the Sugar bowl IF they lose their next two games. They are barely squeaking by even bad teams at home.

LSU is finished.

Ole Miss loses to MSU and we are a lock for the Sugar IF we win out.

Dr. Starcs

Lsu only starts one senior on defense I believe. (Or maybe offense).

They are relatively young.

Danny J

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on November 21, 2015, 04:09:17 pm
As a side note, LSU getting slaughtered diminishes the quality of our win a bit.
Yeah but that will not effect us getting a bowl invite only if we were fighting for a play off spot. The SEC league office will determine which bowl we go to so Ole Miss losing at MSU will put us on equal ground with a head to head win plus being the hottest team outside of Bama in the SEC>

HiggiePiggy

I hope LSU finds a way back in.   I don't want them to get rid of Less. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 21, 2015, 04:17:58 pm
I hope LSU finds a way back in.   I don't want them to get rid of Less.

With his buyout,  you'll probably see Cam get fired first.

I'd fire Cam Cameron tonight, before the press conference.

HogPharmer

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Danny J on November 21, 2015, 04:10:55 pm
Not I.....they are a despicable fan base.

The worst except for maybe UF fans.  I haven't been around them.

All the other bases have had fun, good spirited fans with a few buffoons mixed in.

From my experiences, the buffoons WERE the good fans for LSU.  It went WAY down hill from there.
His response to me:

Danny J

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 21, 2015, 04:19:49 pm
With his buyout,  you'll probably see Cam get fired first.

I'd fire Cam Cameron tonight, before the press conference.
They keeping changing OC's and their offense stays the same....more probably to do with the offense Les wants to run although they may fire Cam as a sacrificial lamb. I hope Les stays at LSU...that really is the best outcome for Arkansas although a coaching change may mean we snap up a few guys we are both recruiting.

Danny J

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on November 21, 2015, 04:23:00 pm

All the other bases have had fun, good spirited fans with a few buffoons mixed in.

From my experiences, the buffoons WERE the good fans for LSU.  It went WAY down hill from there.
Don't forget Auburn fans.

I will also say I think besides us that Tenn has the best fans in the SEC. Then UGA and USCe.

dhizzle

LSU is not very good. But, I have been wondering what Kelly is going to when he doesn't have Treadwell 5 be the difference. I've been watching the game he throws some ducks at there someone on defense or offense just has to make play.

arkansasrazorback

It is either just the Sugar bowl or the Sugar Bowl and one other bowl that gets to choose among the SEC.  After that, the conferences chooses who goes where, not the bowls.

hoglady

Quote from: Danny J on November 21, 2015, 04:24:48 pm
They keeping changing OC's and their offense stays the same....more probably to do with the offense Les wants to run although they may fire Cam as a sacrificial lamb. I hope Les stays at LSU...that really is the best outcome for Arkansas although a coaching change may mean we snap up a few guys we are both recruiting.

If they fire Cam - I think Miles will be on OC #6.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on November 21, 2015, 04:23:00 pm

Arrogant, mean-spirited dickheads. I have to work with corndogs regularly.

I'd root for Texas above LSU. I wouldn't have before Garrett, but that was unforgivable.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 21, 2015, 03:35:58 pm

So, Olemississippi needs to lose because I hate them like no other...!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Danny J on November 21, 2015, 04:25:38 pm
Don't forget Auburn fans.

I will also say I think besides us that Tenn has the best fans in the SEC. Then UGA and USCe.

Auburn fans have a "confuse themselves with Alabama" mental deficiency. I actually had to prove that we were only one game below .500 against them turds once to a coworker. He seemed to think they had beaten us every time we'd met for some reason.

They are a middle of the road SEC program. With quite a bit of success (and failure) for who they are, in the last 12 years.

King

If Florida ends up with 3 losses (including SECCG) would it still be the most likely candidate for the Sugar Bowl as having the second-best overall record in the SEC?  Or are we working from some sort of end-of-season flop theory?

King

Quote from: King on November 21, 2015, 04:46:44 pm
If Florida ends up with 3 losses (including SECCG) would it still be the most likely candidate for the Sugar Bowl as having the second-best overall record in the SEC?  Or are we working from some sort of theory that it is not attractive based on an end-of-season flop?

Sorry for the double post.  Meant to modify, not quote myself.

Uberanubis

Quote from: King on November 21, 2015, 04:46:44 pm
If Florida ends up with 3 losses (including SECCG) would it still be the most likely candidate for the Sugar Bowl as having the second-best overall record in the SEC?  Or are we working from some sort of end-of-season flop theory?

well, if almost losing to Florida international is looked at, it might help us also. they are struggling right now and I fully believe if we played florida we would win.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

HamIAm

I can't believe OM is in danger of blowing a 24 point lead at home