Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FINAL from Commonwealth Kentucky 58, Charlotte 10

Started by jbcarol, November 20, 2015, 03:54:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Jen Smith ‏@jenheraldleader 23h23 hours ago

Q&A: Mark Stoops' final thoughts before Cats take on Charlotte. http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-football/jen-smith-blog/article45530421.html ...

Quote"They're a team much like some others we played earlier, EKU. They have some very talented players. Not as many as the teams we've been playing. Obviously they're not as deep, but very well-coached. Playing a couple quarterbacks. They have some q-run game that puts a little stress on you, so good football team. Again, very well-coached. I'm familiar with some of those guys, and I know what they're all about."

On what he's seen from Drew Barker this week: "For the first time he has the reins. Just the leadership and the ability to go out there and command the huddle. I hope he's more comfortable. He seems more comfortable and more confident. I'm excited to watch him play. I know the team is and I know Drew is. He's worked hard."

On if Barker has created a spark this week: "I have, I have. I've seen guys staying and working a little extra, just trying to again focus on the details and the little things that make a difference."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Jon Hale ‏@JonHale_CJ  22h22 hours ago
Drew Barker: "No one likes going home and watching your friends on TV in bowl games." http://cjky.it/1N04TTg

QuoteThere is no longer any ambiguity about Kentucky's 2015 football season.

The Wildcats have to win each of their final two games to reach the program's first bowl since 2010...

"We have to win these two or we're going home again on Christmas break, and no one likes going home and watching your friends on TV in bowl games," said redshirt freshman quarterback Drew Barker, who has been tapped to start Saturday. "So this is definitely really, really big. We're taking it one game at a time. This is obviously the first game in the way. This is all we're looking forward to right now, trying to get win No. 5, and then win No. 6, we'll get to that after this game."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Charlotte 0  UK 7   1st

Dave "Buzz" Baker and Clint Stoerner on the call.

jbcarol

Kentucky Football ‏@UKFootball  26m26 minutes ago
FINAL: Kentucky 58, Charlotte 10. UK hosts Louisville in regular-season finale at 12 pm on Saturday at CWS.