Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FINAL in Auburn: Auburn 56, Idaho 34

Started by jbcarol, November 20, 2015, 03:42:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Tom Green ‏@AUBlog 2h2 hours ago

Auburn looking to become bowl eligible against Idaho http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/football/article_9ba7e85e-8fae-11e5-a0a6-5b6d017af33e.html ...

QuoteAuburn (5-5, 2-5 SEC) hosts Idaho (3-7, 2-5 Sun Belt) at 3 p.m. on Saturday at Jordan-Hare Stadium... The Tigers will have one goal in mind: securing a bowl berth.

"Our goal is to get a victory and get bowl eligible," Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn said. "And that's what's on our mind."

Auburn will attempt to do that for the second straight week after picking up win No. 5 against Texas A&M on Nov. 7. Win No. 6 proved to be elusive last week against Georgia in the Deep South's Oldest Rivalry, as Auburn squandered its best defensive effort of the season and fell to the Bulldogs, 20-13, due to second-half offensive struggles and special teams lapses.

The Tigers hope to have an easier time against what should be an overmatched Vandals team. Of course, nothing has been guaranteed for Auburn this season...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Idaho: Paul Petrino weekly presser

QuoteOn if his players are up to the challenge of playing Auburn

Yeah, I think definitely. How you go out there and compete and how hard you play and how well you execute, I think it's going to be a great venue. It's a great place to play. I told our players the other day I've been lucky enough to coach in that stadium twice and lucky enough to come out of their both times with a win. It's a great place to go play, fans are really great fans. It's going to be a great opportunity for our players to go play there. Test yourself against the best, go in there and have a good game where we play really well.

On having to travel to Alabama a third time

That's the way the schedule worked out, both other times we went down we pretty well. Did a great job of getting the win at Troy and played one of our better games, made some silly mistakes in the second half, but the South Alabama game is one of the better games we've played all year. Hopefully we'll go back there and play well.

On getting Penny involved in the running game again

That really helps. It helps when we can make sure we can continue to get him the ball. Duck's feeling better now so maybe we can give Penny the ball 22 times...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

NoNC4Tubs

Most of the state of Alabama are Idaho Vandal fans this afternoon... 8)

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on November 20, 2015, 03:42:44 pm
Tom Green ‏@AUBlog 2h2 hours ago

"Our goal is to get a victory and get bowl eligible," Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn said. "And that's what's on our mind."

Lofty goal indeed... 8)

jbcarol

jbcarol

Tom Green ‏@AUBlog 11m11 minutes ago

Hoo boy.

First Idaho play from scrimmage is a 71-yard pass. First-and-goal at the 4.

GB-Razorback

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.<br /><br />Jake: Hit it.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

jbcarol

Tom Green ‏@AUBlog  7m7 minutes ago
FINAL: Auburn beats Idaho, 56-34. Tigers are going bowling

Tom Green ‏@AUBlog  2m2 minutes ago
Gus: Things that stood out to me defensively we got the three turnovers. ... Offensively we didn't have any turnovers