Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU FAN REACTION TO LOSING TO ARKANSAS: FIRE LES MILES!

Started by Hawgzinbowlz, November 17, 2015, 06:17:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2015, 05:34:57 am
Not according to this article, Board members are saying two wins may not be enough.

http://sports.usatoday.com/2015/11/20/will-2-wins-be-enough-for-lsu-coach/#sthash.jXxsC2qo.uxfs&st_refDomain=t.co&st_refQuery=/rVHWuKduKv

Wow. I honestly thought this was just some pissed off fans and boosters for the most part. I still say they better think this through really well before they fire Miles.

Do I like him?...yes. Would I want him as the head coach here?...no. But that doesn't mean I don't think he's done a good job in Baton Rouge.

HOGinNC

Those clowns had better be careful what they wish for.

They dont need a new coach, they need a qb and an o line.

The real Hogules

Quote from: HOGinNC on November 21, 2015, 12:55:03 pm
Those clowns had better be careful what they wish for.

They dont need a new coach, they need a qb and an o line.

Enlighten me again as to whose job it is to recruit players for the LSU football team?
Don't get me wrong I definitely want Lester to remain at LSU, but the problems that they are experiencing is a result of either coaches doing bad evaluations of recruits, or not being able to coach the talent up that they do attract.
I would assume it's the coaching up aspect, because LSU's recruiting classes have been very highly ranked for several years in a row.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

HOGinNC

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 21, 2015, 01:00:40 pm
Enlighten me again as to whose job it is to recruit players for the LSU football team?
Don't get me wrong I definitely want Lester to remain at LSU, but the problems that they are experiencing is a result of either coaches doing bad evaluations of recruits, or not being able to coach the talent up that they do attract.
I would assume it's the coaching up aspect, because LSU's recruiting classes have been very highly ranked for several years in a row.
I understand that the buck stops with him but some of his players just haven't panned out. Cam Cameron hasn't panned out either.

LZH

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 21, 2015, 01:00:40 pm

Can't argue with that. Just think of these receivers that we barely heard of while they were in college, and maybe call 40 or 50 passes during their entire career in Baton Rouge... But now they are NFL stars.

There is a definite need for player development at LSU on the offensive side of the ball. But to toss the head coach is a risk if you ask me, especially since he's done a pretty damn good job considering before Saban got there, LSU was fairly average for a long time.  Most good teams are only one bad coaching hire away from being mediocre all over again.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: LZH on November 21, 2015, 12:59:29 am
For one thing, I am not sure who LSU used to play before our post-Thanksgiving Friday games, but whoever it was (Alabama or not) ...

The pre-Arkansas traditional LSU opponent at Thanksgiving is Tulane (who was an SEC member until 1966).

LZH

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on November 21, 2015, 01:58:09 pm
The pre-Arkansas traditional LSU opponent at Thanksgiving is Tulane (who was an SEC member until 1966).

Nice memory.... A lot better than mine.

HogPharmer

So if LSU loses today, will it be because of the Arkansas concussion?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

LZH

Is Miles trying to intentionally lose this game? Good grief.