Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Athletics Facilities Race

Started by jbcarol, June 14, 2012, 12:01:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Marc Weiszer ‏@marcweiszer 5h5 hours ago

Georgia indoor practice facility may not be available until 2017 http://bit.ly/1IPLMcm  #UGA
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Zach Abolverdi ‏@ZachAbolverdi 16h16 hours ago

#UF indoor practice facility a couple weeks away from completion. #Gators

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Zach Abolverdi ‏@ZachAbolverdi 8h8 hours ago

#UF has changed the time of football practice twice today due to weather. That IPF can't come soon enough. #Gators

Gators Football ‏@GatorsFB 8h8 hours ago

Pretty soon these afternoon thunderstorms won't be a thing. #IPF (photos from @jkkruse)

jbcarol

Pat Smith ‏@patsmithradio 2h2 hours ago

A spectacular addition to Jordan-Hare. Gotta think SEC counterparts will follow suit. Battle of JumboTrons to ensue.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 01, 2015, 08:50:30 am
The premier showing is "Jerry Maquire"..................They will replay the "show me the money" scene over and over and over.
now everybody will see how much the refs cheat for auburn on replays. Wish we could have had that built in 2010 in that screwjob.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jbcarol on July 27, 2015, 04:03:19 pm
Brent Zwerneman ‏@BrentZwerneman 1h1 hour ago College Station, TX

Based on this birds-eye view from a drone, Kyle Field looks like it will absolutely be ready by Sept. 12 home opener: http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2015/07/birds-eye-view-shows-rebuilt-kyle-field-in-all-of-its-485-million
aggie has themselves quite the mansion.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 10, 2015, 06:20:14 pm
now everybody will see how much the refs cheat for auburn on replays. Wish we could have had that built in 2010 in that screwjob.

Good point!

jbcarol

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on August 10, 2015, 06:23:25 pm
aggie has themselves quite the mansion.

Doesn't matter....................it will still be aggies sitting in it...............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

The_Iceman

Looks like it is just about to open. Jeff Long posted a bunch of pics on twitter. Looks first class!

The_Iceman

HOGINTENNESSEE

August 14, 2015, 08:32:05 am #1213 Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 12:00:09 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
That last pic is cruel.... A reminder of players lost

Hogberry Snortcake

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Razoryak

Facility looks legit, maybe since we have the last one it will be the best one  ;D
Woo Pig

The_Iceman

The Hogfather

Awesome!  Did they only do 1st round draft picks on that wall?  What about Pargo, Weems, Beverly, etc.?  They need some love!

Edit:  Maybe to the left is for all other NBA players?

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 14, 2015, 10:29:34 am
Awesome!  Did they only do 1st round draft picks on that wall?  What about Pargo, Weems, Beverly, etc.?  They need some love!

Edit:  Maybe to the left is for all other NBA players?

First rounders only

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: razoredge178 on August 06, 2015, 05:30:18 am
Very little. I def think we need one, if not purely for logistical purposes. But all that garbage Jeff Long spewed about the recruiting is just a salesman being a salesman. If walking onto the floor of BWA doesn't get ya, an all be it nice but still very average practice facility isn't going to either.

The arena is twenty years old and is antiquated compared to some facilities.  I love the place but I have been a Razorback longer that the recruits have been alive.  You are asking them to tear up over a facility built before they were born.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

The_Iceman

Very little. I def think we need one, if not purely for logistical purposes. But all that garbage Jeff Long spewed about the recruiting is just a salesman being a salesman. If walking onto the floor of BWA doesn't get ya, an all be it nice but still very average practice facility isn't going to either.

BWA is a big facility. The upgrades to the video board and sound will make it even better. But in terms of quality and modern specs, it isn't really that special. When full and rockin', that's what makes it great.

poloprince

After being long overdue, the pictures of the new facility are nice.  :razorback:
$PoLoPrInCe$

TheRazorback500

Looks sharp-innovative use of glass in that front section..

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Danny J

It will help in that other coaches we are recruiting against can't neg recruit against us using that as ammo. It also shows commitment to our program and that is a BIG deal in the SEC when 12 maybe 13 of the schools are "football first" schools. It will help in recruiting. No doubt in my mind.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: ICEman on August 06, 2015, 12:04:46 pm
The planned expansion of the BWA concourse ought to add a measure of brightness and lightness to the facility.
When is this upgrade suppose to be made?

Hoggard

Really great to read some positive posts in Jump Ball.  ;)
God is Love. Its as simple as that. It's the one fruit I can and WILL judge you by.

The_Iceman

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on August 14, 2015, 08:23:32 pm
When is this upgrade suppose to be made?

The plan is for more concerts and events to be held in BWA now that the practice facility is open.

To hold big concerts, they are really going to need to expand the concourse from all reports I've heard. Compare their concourse to other arenas nearby, and you'll notice the difference.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on August 10, 2015, 09:01:54 am
Pat Smith ‏@patsmithradio 2h2 hours ago

A spectacular addition to Jordan-Hare. Gotta think SEC counterparts will follow suit. Battle of JumboTrons to ensue.

That's a GusboTron.  For signaling plays from the bench, easier to see.  No more sideline pictures to hold up every play.  Also very useful for their HUNH offense...by  displaying...."HURRY UP"... on the screen, when Gus is not satisfied with the snap pace.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

FraggleHog

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on August 14, 2015, 04:39:37 pm
Looks sharp-innovative use of glass in that front section..

:razorback:

I believe the idea was to make it look similar to the FOC
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: FraggleHog on August 18, 2015, 10:45:04 am
I believe the idea was to make it look similar to the FOC

I noticed that. I also like the glass entrance to BWA as well.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

nwahogfan1

The planned expansion of the BWA concourse ought to add a measure of brightness and lightness to the facility.

Is the expansion to give it a larger concourse and more light on the West side entrance or the North side entrance?

Hoggish1

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on August 19, 2015, 12:07:33 am

Is the expansion to give it a larger concourse and more light on the West side entrance or the North side entrance?

Light in the concourse is fine but I'm talking about inside the place where they play.

The_Iceman

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/BrentZwerneman/status/634359795252723712

QuoteA nearly half-billion dollar college football stadium apparently isn't complete without an adjoining body of water in the what-have-you-dug-for-me-lately Southeastern Conference.

Enter Texas A&M, in the early stages of designing a lake (really a large pond, don't expect waterskiing on the thing) to fill up part of Spence Park, which rests to the east of Kyle Field and across Houston Street.

The land just outside Kyle Field is a perfect place to build an attraction that will create a lasting memory for those who visit the stadium.

Photos: Brent Zwerneman

NoNC4Tubs

jbcarol

NoNC4Tubs

Cresthog

New scoreboard too?

Anyone have renderings for that?

The_Iceman

Quote from: Cresthog on August 25, 2015, 09:21:32 am
New scoreboard too?

Anyone have renderings for that?

Nothing yet that I could find. But there are a lot of new pictures of the team inside the practice facility on the team's FB page:

Cresthog

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 25, 2015, 09:35:07 am
Nothing yet that I could find. But there are a lot of new pictures of the team inside the practice facility on the team's FB page:

I read 4 LED screens. Haven't you posted a picture of a pretty sweet one somewhere? Was it louisville's?

That would be awesome.

Such a shame how bad the team is going to be though with all this new stuff.

jbcarol