Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you choose?

Bill Self
Mike Anderson
Gregg Marshall
Mark Turgeon
Tubby Smith

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

trphog

East Clintwood

Any of the above.

Marshall is the most likely, followed by Turgeon.  Self is not leaving Kansas.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Hogg_Phan

Duh! Self is the best candidate on the board considering track record and age and I don't remember hearing anything on this board said in a negative way about him. He, although may not be everyones 1st pick, is on everyones list and would unite this fan base along with probably having the best chance to keep all the current recruits. I think most who don't pick Self is only because they don't think it is a possibility to get him.
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

HawgPound

Tubby is out. Self is the best on the board but more than likely unobtainable. That leaves Anderson, Marshall and Turgeon. Of those three, It's close but I would choose Marshall. Ask me tomorrow and it might be someone else. I'm as fluid as this search.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HawgPound on March 17, 2011, 08:07:33 am
Tubby is out. Self is the best on the board but more than likely unobtainable. That leaves Anderson, Marshall and Turgeon. Of those three, It's close but I would choose Marshall. Ask me tomorrow and it might be someone else. I'm as fluid as this search.
Self(won't happen), Anderson, Marshall, Turg... in that order
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

pfrg999

Quote from: Pig in the Poke on March 17, 2011, 08:21:37 am

Self... Don't see it.. and Anderson, Turg and then Marshall
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

online-with-swine

SultanofSwine

Self, Marshall, Stevens, Williams, Turgeon would be my order of preference.

hogfaninbr

Good god people..Bill Self is not coming here. 

Razorod

If I just get to choose, well there really is no choice.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

SultanofSwine

Quote from: hogfaninbr on March 17, 2011, 08:34:26 am
Good god people..Bill Self is not coming here. 

Question was who you want not who you believe is most likely to come.

3dawghawg

Honestly, any of them would be a great hire.

jgphillips3

Self. Absolutely. If you could have your pick, you have to take that guy. Of course we all know it's a long shot (no pun intended) but you have to put him #1.

booogaga

i want MA just because i want to see the hogs run up and down the floor
GO HOGS!

Tim Harris

Quote from: jgphillips3 on March 17, 2011, 08:57:10 am
Self. Absolutely. If you could have your pick, you have to take that guy. Of course we all know it's a long shot (no pun intended) but you have to put him #1.

Hearing other places that he has made it known he isn't interested.

swinesation

I did not pick Self for the same reason that I did not pursue Farah Fawcett back in the day... though I did have her poster... but I'm not interested in a poster of Self... nor I am interested in fantasizing about him being the Razorbacks basketball coach.

TxArky

Quote from: Pig in the Poke on March 17, 2011, 08:21:37 am

+1  Though I am starting to lean toward Marshall over Anderson. 

big john

Self i only wont him MA thank he is out of the race .
john goodwin

pitbull1

Self has to be # 1
Turgeon/Marshall after what I've seen last nite are even for second.  Both are great coaches and those are my picks.  I think either one could beat out Mike Anderson.

Chris Ryan

Self is #1, but I believe Marshall is the one coach that WANTS to be here the most. All of the others could stay where they are and be successful. GM has that desire to prove himself in a big-boy conference.

dc10x1103

hogfanpreachaman

Self would be amazing...if not, Anderson

CalicoHawgFan

I pick Self from this list. I'm not saying he's coming here, but wouldn't it be awesome. I'm going with Turgeon if we don't get Self.

roothog229

Don't think we could land Self
Would love Marshall, Anderson or Turgeon here.
Buzz isn't the favorite pick, but I don't have too much against the guy.
Smith is a good coach but I'd like a more long-term option

Dwight_K_Shrute

It would be interesting to know if given the choice today would WSU fans rather have Turgeon or Marshall?
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

DoubleJ

Smith is the only one on the list that I would not be thrilled about.  Not because I think he's a bad coach, but I am not sure about his longevity. 

Porkatarian

I think you could remove Turgeron and replace him with Buzz Williams and have a pretty accurate list.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

GuvHog

Quote from: Porkatarian on March 17, 2011, 12:53:57 pm
I think you could remove Turgeron and replace him with Buzz Williams and have a pretty accurate list.

Porkatarian out...

Self is out as well.

Self has sent messages to several people in Arkansas asking them to spread the word that he's not the least bit interested in the Arkansas job. Ron Crawford is one of those Self sent a message to and he read it yesterday on DTS. Scratch Self from the list.

Replace him with Frank Martin and He would be my choice.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Chris Ryan

Richard_white

Quote from: GUVHOG on March 17, 2011, 12:58:18 pm
Self is out as well.

Self has sent messages to several people in Arkansas asking them to spread the word that he's not the least bit interested in the Arkansas job. Ron Crawford is one of those Self sent a message to and he read it yesterday on DTS. Scratch Self from the list.

Replace him with Frank Martin and He would be my choice.

Lol  Take it to the bank. Guv said it's true.

NedBeattySquealed

After his beat down of Doc last night, Marshall's stock has risen considerably in Ned's house.
" It's not hate...Well come to think of it, yes it is."

nextlevel

Quote from: NedBeattySquealed on March 17, 2011, 02:14:07 pm
After his beat down of Doc last night, Marshall's stock has risen considerably in Ned's house.

One of the better usernames I've seen...
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

pigdirt

Agree I'd like to see our next coach be somebody that's winning post season
:P

GuvHog

Quote from: Richard_white on March 17, 2011, 01:41:10 pm
Lol  Take it to the bank. Guv said it's true.

LOL! Only the last line is mine. Credit for the rest goes to Ron Crawford.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Razorsaw

This was a hard one, but after going over all the factors i went with Self. Seriously since Self probably wont happen it is a toss up with Turegon and Marshall.

31to6

No offense, but this is just a dumb poll.

Self is head and shoulders above everyone else on that list.

Tubby will never be as good and Mike, Gregg and Mark might be but haven't done it yet.