1. Tiger Stadium, LSU
2. Kyle Field, Texas A&M
3. Sanford Stadium, Georgia
4. Neyland Stadium, Tennessee
5. Bryant-Denny Stadium, Alabama
6. Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Florida
7. Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn
8. Williams-Brice Stadium, South Carolina
9t. Donald W. Reynolds Razorbacks Stadium, Arkansas  & 9t. Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, Ole Miss
11. Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium, Missouri
12. Davis Wade Stadium, Mississippi State
13. Commonwealth Stadium, Kentucky
14. Vanderbilt Stadium, Vanderbilt

SEC Uniform Rankings
1. LSU
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. Texas A&M
5. Tennessee
6. Auburn
7. Ole Miss
8. Florida
9. Kentucky
10. Vanderbilt
11. Mississippi State
12. South Carolina
13. Arkansas
14. Missouri

Inhogswetrust

June 17, 2014, 01:18:16 pm #2 Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 10:30:32 am by Inhogswetrust
This says ALL I need to know about that stupid ranking:

Quoting from the links first sentences:

Ranking anything in sports is subjective. We may all agree on certain things — like Michael Jordan is better than Kobe Bryant or that Lambeau Field is better than SunLife Stadium — but for the most part, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Ranking college football stadiums is not only subjective but also extremely intricate.

P.S. Since when is RRS NORTH of the Ozarks.......................and I believe we are underrated in both stadiums and uniforms.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Big Papa Satan

Uniform rankings...yeah, it's summer.

Gerald Gilber

Neyland Stadium in Knoxville is a dump, seats lots of people but you better have a skinny rear end to fit in the alloted space.
Can we play all our games at home????

Inhogswetrust

June 17, 2014, 03:25:47 pm #5 Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 06:39:53 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: foodhog on June 17, 2014, 01:48:19 pm
Neyland Stadium in Knoxville is a dump, seats lots of people but you better have a skinny rear end to fit in the alloted space.

RRS was better but since the renovations to Neyland I haven't been there to judge. If they haven't widened the seats there though you are correct. Not only that RRS is WAY WAY WAY better than VHS in oxfart MS.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Fayettechill14

"One of the most underrated home atmospheres lies just a few miles north of the Ozarks in Northwest Arkansas.

He has confused "the Ozarks" with the small town of Ozark.

Whoops.

Ex-Trumpet

Rating seems pretty good, given that it has to be a cumulative score with WMS.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Several of the Athlon writers are UT fans. Like Branden Gal

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on June 17, 2014, 04:18:07 pm
"One of the most underrated home atmospheres lies just a few miles north of the Ozarks in Northwest Arkansas.

He has confused "the Ozarks" with the small town of Ozark.

Whoops.
#Illuminati
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Hogwild

Very impressive from the outside, I was on campus one Feb., looking at the river I .But I never went inside.

How I would rank the ones I've been too

1) Tiger Stadium (want to see what it looks like after closing in the endzone)
2) Ben Hill Griffin Stadium (I like the policy that you can leave go drink at half time and come back in for the 2nd half)
3) Bryant-Denny Stadium (was there right after their renovations)
4) RRS
5) Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, Ole Miss (pretty campus but weird stadium design)
6) Davis Wade Stadium, Mississippi State

hoglady

Ya'll are getting too caught up in the aesthetics of a stadium (general fan comfort).
It's the general atmosphere that matters most, the loudness of the fans, whether the fans show up, the excitement level and even the tailgating. Those things are what make a great stadium.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

LZH

WMS would be #1 if it were on that list.

WBC Hog

The one thing I noticed was the stadiums were almost ranked in order of max capacity. That's one thing I think that hurts us because our max is "only" 72k. Once Bielema gets a few years of solid winning seasons, I would love to see us seat around 90k. Idk if that's possible though.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Hogwild on June 17, 2014, 05:45:24 pm

2) Ben Hill Griffin Stadium (I like the policy that you can leave go drink at half time and come back in for the 2nd half)

Not possible.  How long ago did you attend a game there?

The SEC has a league-wide rule that you cannot leave the stadium and come back in.  Mizzou fans were all up in arms over this when they joined because, traditionally, half of Faurot empties out at halftime.

mizzouman

Let's rank the actual field.  Oh wait, all of them are the same size.  But wait, who has the better natural grass field?  Who has the better field turf?

Fayettechill14

Quote from: mizzouman on June 18, 2014, 08:02:16 am
Let's rank the actual field.  Oh wait, all of them are the same size.  But wait, who has the better natural grass field?  Who has the better field turf?

Let's rank by videoboard size!  ;)

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on June 17, 2014, 12:50:17 pm
T9.

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/experts-poll-ranking-sec-stadiums-2014

Pretty hilarious is LSU being #1. I just spoke to a friend of mine who returned from a vacation across the southeastern U.S. He visited Arkansas and Alabama, saw their facilities and stadium/school and said, "first class, impressive". He visited Baton Rouge and Tiger Stadium and said that he thought it was a dump, had a bad location, was difficult to reach and feared for his life just being there. He said that he and his wife couldn't get out of there fast enough. And that's from a guy who is a Big 12 fan.
Go Hogs Go!

Hogwild

Quote from: DukeOfPork on June 17, 2014, 11:12:54 pm
Not possible.  How long ago did you attend a game there?

The SEC has a league-wide rule that you cannot leave the stadium and come back in.  Mizzou fans were all up in arms over this when they joined because, traditionally, half of Faurot empties out at halftime.

It was a while ago 2004 maybe, wasn't for an SEC game Middle Tenn State,  the walls inside the stadium had "you must have a valid ticket stub to re-enter the stadium"  painted by each entrance.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on June 17, 2014, 04:30:51 pm
Several of the Athlon writers are UT fans. Like Branden Gal

Here's some other interesting and biased folks on the list:

Tim Brando, SiriusXM (@TimBrando) == A bigtime LSU fan and has shown that
Billy Liucci, TexAgs.com (@BillyLiucci) ==  Texags
Reed Carringer, FootballTimeInTennessee (@FootballTimeMag) == footballtimeintennessee

No wonder those places are high on the list. It's a padded panel.

sowmonella

The whole list is just plain dumb. UT & LSU are both dumps. A&M might be good once renovations are made but not now. Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia & Auburn are the best. UF is just behind those 4. Ole Miss, South Carolina are a notch up from the bottom dwellers Miss State, Kentucky, Mizz and Vandy are the worst. I've seen them all.
1. Bama
2. Georgia
3. RRS
4. Aubie
5. Florida
6. UT
7. LSU
8. A&M
9. OLe Miss
10. SC
11. Kentucky
12. Miss State
13. Mizz
14. vandy
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Ex-Trumpet

I'm not sure some of y'all even read the article...

"...Ranking college football stadiums is not only subjective but also extremely intricate. General atmosphere, fan support, home-field advantage, amenities, tailgating, the surrounding campus and the college town should all be considered when trying to rank college football stadiums..."
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

superior_wang

Jordan-Hare is a dump  imo.  Great fans and tailgaiting, but the stadium is about as vanilla as it gets.

icouldntthinkofagoodname

hogcard1964

In my opinion Kyle Field and Bryant-Denny are the two best.

As far as uniforms go, I have to agree with the rankings.  The Hogs need to stop tinkering with them and get back to the basics.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 18, 2014, 11:04:03 am

As far as uniforms go, I have to agree with the rankings.  The Hogs need to stop tinkering with them and get back to the basics.

Those leather helmets they used to wear were great huh?

The_Iceman

Been to Ole Miss. No way that dump is comparable to RRS. Now, the Grove is cool, but we are talking about stadiums, not entire Gameday experiences.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 18, 2014, 11:05:51 am
Those leather helmets they used to wear were great huh?

Yes, much better than anthracite.

HogFaninMemphis

South Carolina is big, but it's also not on campus and is pretty bare-bones. I hear it's a great experience though and that's a huge part of any stadium. It also sells out way ahead of the games more often, something I'd love to see start happening in RRS. I think a continued increase in population in NWA may help our attendance numbers, too.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 18, 2014, 09:31:05 am
Pretty hilarious is LSU being #1. I just spoke to a friend of mine who returned from a vacation across the southeastern U.S. He visited Arkansas and Alabama, saw their facilities and stadium/school and said, "first class, impressive". He visited Baton Rouge and Tiger Stadium and said that he thought it was a dump, had a bad location, was difficult to reach and feared for his life just being there. He said that he and his wife couldn't get out of there fast enough. And that's from a guy who is a Big 12 fan.

The problems with rankings like this is that it's from the media's perspective - i.e., press box.  Let them sit their fat arses in some of those skinny seats, and use the crappy rest rooms the public has to use and then see how they would rank them. 

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 18, 2014, 11:04:03 am

The irony is that the picture depicted our uni's from last year, not this upcoming one.

That said, we'd be so much better off if we acted like an SEC team and stuck with our classic look like Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee have done.

Hogwild

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 18, 2014, 11:06:25 am
Been to Ole Miss. No way that dump is comparable to RRS. Now, the Grove is cool, but we are talking about stadiums, not entire Gameday experiences.

The criteria was-

"General atmosphere, fan support, home-field advantage, amenities, tailgating, the surrounding campus and the college town should all be considered when trying to rank college football stadiums."

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on June 18, 2014, 11:43:17 am
The irony is that the picture depicted our uni's from last year, not this upcoming one.

That said, we'd be so much better off if we acted like an SEC team and stuck with our classic look like Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee have done.

Georgia and tenner have worn "alternate" uniforms recently. Funny you only mentioned three teams.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogwild on June 18, 2014, 11:44:21 am
The criteria was-

"General atmosphere, fan support, home-field advantage, amenities, tailgating, the surrounding campus and the college town should all be considered when trying to rank college football stadiums."

Well that sure as heck should leave oxfart and that school in it out of the equation.

Hogwild

You made an interesting observation so I went and looked at the scoring by each voter, only one person's rankings stood out as an outliner.  Steve Godfrey of the SB nation, there didn't seem to be any homerism, group think maybe, but not homerism.

Steven Godfrey had UGA #1 (highest), Bama 7th (2nd lowest ranking), USCe 14th (their lowest ranking by 5 spots), Ole Miss 3rd (their highest by a lot), Miss State 9th (highest) Vandy 12th (highest)

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 18, 2014, 10:36:22 am
Here's some other interesting and biased folks on the list:

Tim Brando, SiriusXM (@TimBrando) == A bigtime LSU fan and has shown that
Every voter sans one had LSU higher than Brando's #3 ranking
Billy Liucci, TexAgs.com (@BillyLiucci) ==  Texags
4 voters had A&M higher, 4 voter had A&M lower, 3 the same
Reed Carringer, FootballTimeInTennessee (@FootballTimeMag) == footballtimeintennessee
Had Neyland 5th, which was one place below their overall score

No wonder those places are high on the list. It's a padded panel.

MJ2

Strange how these obscure rankings correlate to our wins and losses too.

hoglady

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 18, 2014, 09:31:05 am

Not really surprising.
Tiger Stadium at night is one of the most feared places for a football to play in all of college football.
It's loud, it's rowdy and it affects the visiting the team. The tailgating and food are outstanding.
That's what makes it a great stadium. Doesn't matter about the seat width or stadium amenities - the Tiger fans rarely sit.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 18, 2014, 11:46:04 am
Georgia and tenner have worn "alternate" uniforms recently. Funny you only mentioned three teams.

Name a team that hasn't worn an "alternate" uniform in the past 2 or 3 years (even Bama wore one of those Pro Combat unis, even though it wasn't too radical).  That's not the point.  I'm talking about "every day" unis.

And what's funny about mentioning "only 3 teams".  I just mentioned a few that have remained true to their traditional look.  Auburn's hasn't varied too much, nor has Ole Miss, LSU or Florida.  Just because I didn't include the whole list doesn't affect the validity of my point.

Ex-Trumpet

Alternative uni's are just that.  When you wear it week after week, it is no longer "alternative" but your uni.

Jimmy

DWRRS in a tie with Vaught-Hemingway?  Simple proof that we are losing the war against meth. 

NoNC4Tubs

You nailed that one!

Poor UT fans have to put up with yet another seating change when Kyle Field opens its new digs.

Well, at least they have plenty of notice to lose weight to squeeze into their narrower seats. If Tinnersee can't be tops in anything else, then they have to stay on top of the SEC seating capacity rankings...... 8)

jbcarol

NFL.com takes a look at the 14 best college stadiums, based on history, mystique, view and fanbases.

Quote14. Wisconsin's Camp Randall

9. Georgia's Sanford Stadium

4. A&M's Kyle Field

2. LSU's Tiger Stadium

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Ex-Trumpet