Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

VOTE: for Bud Walton Arena!

Started by The_Iceman, April 02, 2014, 02:42:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

The_Iceman

Some things to note about this bracket:

- This isn't just on-campus facilities, but includes city owned arenas as well.

- BWA cost $30 million to build, while Oregon's arena cost $220 million in 2011.

- That isn't the best picture of BWa.

secfan30

Hog1966

Just voted. We are up now 51-48.

Danny J

Whoopigsooie

voted - we are pulling ahead in a big way.

Wild Bill Hog

HogWild94

Hog fan since birth.  There is simply nothing else.

b_stackhouse

Voted. We are running away with it.

Inhogswetrust

April 03, 2014, 08:21:53 am #9 Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 08:34:50 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: The_Iceman on April 02, 2014, 02:49:10 pm
Some things to note about this bracket:

- This isn't just on-campus facilities, but includes city owned arenas as well.

- BWA cost $30 million to build, while Oregon's arena cost $220 million in 2011.

- That isn't the best picture of BWa.

Ever hear of inflation. Theirs also has things that are standard when  building now versus when we built. We are adding those with the new practice facility and new concourse.............................It is a good picture of BWA because it has "slobbering Hog!".
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

FineAsSwine

Voted. Who do we get in the second round?
Hogs up! Covid down!

Billy Bayou

Quote from: FineAsSwine on April 03, 2014, 10:48:53 am
Voted. Who do we get in the second round?
Probably Pitt's Petersen Events Center

yraciv

Voted! Kentucky fans must have not gotten word of this yet. Getting destroyed by Butler.

litmachog

Voted.  We are winning big.

Yeah, Kentucky is losing 1958 to 220.  Pretty ugly.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on April 03, 2014, 08:21:53 am
Ever hear of inflation. Theirs also has things that are standard when  building now versus when we built. We are adding those with the new practice facility and new concourse.............................It is a good picture of BWA because it has "slobbering Hog!".

This is interesting.  Yes there's inflation, the gov't would tell you inflation has increased on average since 1990 2.5%/year. What is that over 24 years?  (1.025)^24 = 1.81.  81% inflation.  That means BWA would cost 54 million today according to my calculations.  Another argument that the government manipulates inflation numbers. 

BigoBoys

Move the press to the upper deck. Put the fans  first

3kgthog

I realize costs have gone up since the '90s, but BWA looks like it cost $30 million to build compared to the palaces some schools have built lately. It was a beautiful facility, but now it looks dated on the concourse and on the exterior. It gives me the same feeling that the west side of RRS does in that it looks like those sad dogs' eyes in the ASPCA ads saying, "I just need love. Help me."

P.S. Voted

FineAsSwine

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 04, 2014, 07:58:30 am
I realize costs have gone up since the '90s, but BWA looks like it cost $30 million to build compared to the palaces some schools have built lately. It was a beautiful facility, but now it looks dated on the concourse and on the exterior. It gives me the same feeling that the west side of RRS does in that it looks like those sad dogs' eyes in the ASPCA ads saying, "I just need love. Help me."

P.S. Voted

I hope your wife/girlfriend never asks "honey, does this dress make me look fat"?
Hogs up! Covid down!

phadedhawg

voted!

Some gorgeous facilities out there.

jesterzzn

Danny J

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 04, 2014, 07:58:30 am

P.S. Voted
I agree totally. Some simple(I use this word broadly) fixes like you mentioned plus things like new TV's on the scoreboard will help as well. The bones and structure still look fine. Just cosmetic things.

PS....I bought my old lady a treadmill this past Xmas.

batonrougehawg

Sweet 16 voting is open now, voting split 484 to 479 for them right now. Let's go beat Pitt!

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Hogwop

Voted.

BWA is trailing Pittsburgh's Petersen Events Center by a count of 492 to 483. C'mon Hogville, let's get the Basketball Palace of Mid America into the Elite 8!
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

tennesseehogwild

A little OT but has BWA ever tried to host or been considered to host a Regional in the NCAA Tournament?

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on April 04, 2014, 08:43:07 pm
A little OT but has BWA ever tried to host or been considered to host a Regional in the NCAA Tournament?
Surrounding area isn't big enough and not enough hotels.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Danny J

HogWild94

Voted.  562-541 in favor of BWA.

Captain Pork

b_stackhouse

batonrougehawg

Voted again, we are now trailing 856-847

HAWGTUSK

b_stackhouse

HogWild94

sowmonella

Voted. It's very close. :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

rzrbackramsfan

Up by only 8 votes c'mon folks, no sign up and you can vote in different devices or the same device on different days.

Danny J

jrulz83

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on April 07, 2014, 11:14:28 am
Up by only 8 votes c'mon folks, no sign up and you can vote in different devices or the same device on different days.

I just refreshed and voted 6 times in a row. Up by 22.

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

PurpleBullHog

Looks like we're taking on the Dean Smith Center in the Elite 8.  Should be a close one.  Let's not let this one get away from us!  We can actually win something this year, folks!

Danny J

Quote from: PurpleBullHog on April 07, 2014, 11:07:58 pm
Looks like we're taking on the Dean Smith Center in the Elite 8.  Should be a close one.  Let's not let this one get away from us!  We can actually win something this year, folks!

yraciv

Probably be smart to start taking a joint effort in knocking off favorites.  Nebraska, Tennessee, and Indiana all have large fanbases, and have been racking up votes. So let's all go with Oregon, SMU, and Butler this round as well.

JayBell

Doesn't look good for BWA in the Elite 8.  Getting doubled up right now 318-158.

JayBell

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: JayBell on April 08, 2014, 10:34:14 am
Btw, here's the link to the quarterfinals page: http://www.athleticbusiness.com/stadium-arena/facility-madness-2014-quarterfinals.html

Thanks.  The Dean Domers are up 1609 to 844.  Hogville needs to do what it does best.

Danny J

sowmonella

Voted but we need to step it up. Come on Hogville. :razorback:

Would a Mod please sticky this in MMQB?
Thanks.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

The real Hogules

You can vote SEVERAL times before it won't let you vote for a number of hours.
I know I rocked the vote 25-35 times!

Come on people, vote early and often!!!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

rzrbackramsfan

Voted 20 times before it said I have to wait 24 hours.

batonrougehawg

Down 1926-1725 now. Gap closed from 1900-1498 over the last 30 minutes. Keep it up!

Danny J

It only allows me to vote once and that is it. I voted yesterday and it won't let me vote again.