Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Athletics Facilities Race

Started by jbcarol, June 14, 2012, 12:01:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

loganlowery @loganlowery  ·  Nov 6
New scoreboard complete

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

mizzouman

New scoreboard

[attachment deleted by admin]

jbcarol

Jen Smith @jenheraldleader  ·  5 hours ago
A massive crane is already up dismantling part of the old lights at [Commonwealth] stadium. They weren't kidding about getting to work immediately.

Season over.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Seth Emerson @SethEmerson  ·  12 hours ago

This was the final game for Kentucky's press box, but c'mon it's not like anybody here is going around looting souvenirs, oh wait they are.

jbcarol

Adam Sparks @AdamSparks  ·  18 minutes ago
#Vandy just announced that PA system being worked on in Memorial. Trying to disengage Charlie Brown teacher filter

jbcarol

Michael Bonnette @LSUBonnette  ·  47 minutes ago
#LSU pays tribute to the Troops & Veterans Day by lighting up arches at Tiger Stadium red, white, and blue. #LSU

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: jbcarol on November 11, 2014, 07:43:35 pm
Adam Sparks @AdamSparks  ·  18 minutes ago
#Vandy just announced that PA system being worked on in Memorial. Trying to disengage Charlie Brown teacher filter

This made me laugh.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 12, 2014, 08:42:09 am
This made me laugh.

Me too................Now if they can just disconnect that !@#% foghorn. They haven't been blowing it as much this year though!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  20 minutes ago

Jeremy Foley saying Florida doesn't believe in bells and whistles in facilities.

Apparently not promising anything to lure a new head football coach.

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger on Ole Miss using SEC Network money to help fend off suitors for Hugh Freeze:

QuoteThe Gators' practice facilities are considered sub-standard in the SEC, and athletic director Jeremy Foley said Monday he does not believe "bells and whistles" are essential. Considering one of the first things Freeze and Bjork did together was renovate the Manning Center, Freeze and Foley probably disagree on that point (at least, on how it attracts recruits)...

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 06, 2014, 05:47:53 pm
Not sure but I'm thinking Rupp Arena.

Looks like their old arena, Memorial Hall (cap 10,000).  They use it as a practice facility/women's bball arena.  Rupp Arena renovations were put on hold earlier this year due to high cost and the bad publicity stemming from a very public fight between the UK AD and the city of Lexington.  Rupp is an off-campus arena, btw.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

jbcarol

Seth Emerson @SethEmerson  ·  28 minutes ago
Regarding an indoor facility being built by 2015, Greg McGarity tells me tonight that's "impossible." Updated story posted shortly.

Georgia ILB coach Mike Ekeler on having no indoor facility: "It's absolutely crazy. It's absurd."

Story updated with McGarity comments on timing of indoor practice facility.
http://www.macon.com/2014/11/18/3431474/pruitt-says-uga-needs-and-will.html ...

jbcarol

Marc Weiszer @marcweiszer  ·  2 hours ago
Richt on indoor football practice facility says simply coaches are excited it is on the way. Says he will meet soon to discuss location.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on November 18, 2014, 02:57:04 pm
Looks like their old arena, Memorial Hall (cap 10,000).  They use it as a practice facility/women's bball arena.  Rupp Arena renovations were put on hold earlier this year due to high cost and the bad publicity stemming from a very public fight between the UK AD and the city of Lexington.  Rupp is an off-campus arena, btw.

The picture was NOT of Memorial Hall. I know all about what it is and how they use it now. I was responding to his question about guessing what the old picture was of and I guessed correctly. See his reply #854. I know where Rupp is.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on November 19, 2014, 06:22:33 pm
Richt on indoor football practice facility says simply coaches are excited it is on the way. Says he will meet soon to discuss location.

Location?!?

Won't it be indoors............?  8)

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on November 20, 2014, 06:56:08 am
Location?!?

Won't it be indoors............?  8)

That only means they must not have a master plan like other schools do..........................

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on November 19, 2014, 06:22:33 pm

Michael Carvell @Carvell_AJC  ·  Nov 19

It's an easy solution for everybody: Put the IPF where #UGA track is now (next to football practice fields); build new track off Milledge

Michael Carvell @Carvell_AJC  ·  23h 23 hours ago

#UGA IPF next to practice fields? MT @RadiNabulsi Was told Athens-Clarke [local government] has a huge issue w/it = Aesthetics. Rolled my eyes so hard it hurt

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jbcarol on November 20, 2014, 08:12:09 am

Michael Carvell @Carvell_AJC  ·  Nov 19

It's an easy solution for everybody: Put the IPF where #UGA track is now (next to football practice fields); build new track off Milledge

Michael Carvell @Carvell_AJC  ·  23h 23 hours ago

#UGA IPF next to practice fields? MT @RadiNabulsi Was told Athens-Clarke [local government] has a huge issue w/it = Aesthetics. Rolled my eyes so hard it hurt

WOW if true that local government needs to realize who pays for a LOT of their stuff.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell @Carvell_AJC  ·  21 minutes ago
Instead of watching #UGA athletic officials stall endlessly, why don't #UGA donors step up with $$$ for indoor practice facility?

jbcarol

Paul Johnson @GTPaulJohnson  ·  Nov 18

On a cold day like today it sure is great to have the Brock indoor facility!! Thanks to John and Mary great supporters of #GaTech !!

Inhogswetrust

November 21, 2014, 03:57:23 pm #920 Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 06:38:44 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: jbcarol on November 21, 2014, 11:30:15 am

On a cold day like today it sure is great to have the Brock indoor facility!! Thanks to John and Mary great supporters of #GaTech !!

That's funny! He should be careful though. If he rubs it in too much that will only embolden Georgia to eventually build one bigger and nicer than Techs and quicker perhaps.

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on November 21, 2014, 11:30:15 am

Michael Carvell @Carvell_AJC  ·  Nov 20
Look at @GeorgiaTechFB state-of-art indoor facility. They're using it this wk to get ready for #UGA game: https://twitter.com/GeorgiaTechFB/status/535556861416980480 ...

jbcarol

jbcarol

CoachingSearch.com @coachingsearch  ·  5 hours ago

No indoor facility. http://bit.ly/1sVXqqI  RT @RagjUF: That's two practices UF lost in last two weeks due to weather.

jbcarol

GoGamecocks.com @gogamecocks  ·  2 hours ago
New facilities, better players help Gamecocks reach unprecedented levels http://scne.ws/7f5qvW

QuoteERIC HYMAN: H Hyman took over as athletics director in 2005 and ushered in the greatest era of athletic success that USC has ever known, winning conference and national titles while transforming facilities into some of the best in the country. Hyman hired coaches Bill McDonald, Kalen Harris, McGee Moody, Beverly Smith, Dawn Staley and Frank Martin. He departed in July 2012 for the AD spot at Texas A&M and was replaced by Tanner.

jbcarol

I asked Brooks about the job Mark Stoops is doing and all the football facilities upgrades now in progress.

Brooks was once in Stoops' shoes, struggling through three straight losing seasons before guiding the Wildcats to four consecutive bowl games, and he was outspoken about his belief that Kentucky needed better actual buildings to build a better football program in the SEC.

QuoteAnd about those facilities – the in-progress $120 million Commonwealth Stadium renovation and planned $45 million practice facility that will break ground next year?

"Well, we had plans that were kind of in place in 2009 at the end of the season that we were going to start an expansion of that same side of the stadium they're working on now ... but it didn't come into fruition," Brooks said. "So I knew it would be a long time before I saw any major improvements. That's one of the reasons that I retired.'

Brooks said if all this was legitimately in the works while he was still the Cats' coach, he'd have stuck around a while longer...

"It's critically important for the future of Kentucky football that they've invested these resources in the football program," he said. "I think it'll pay rewards to be a lot more competitive team in the SEC with these new facilities."

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger @DellengerAdv  ·  52 seconds ago
That was the last time the A&M press box will sway, Aggies writers say. Press box is moving to opposite stands next year and shouldn't sway.

jbcarol

Keep hearing UF's facilities are under par. Does this REALLY hurt recruiting or is it the least of [Florida's] worries?

QuoteNot winning games is hurting the Gators in recruiting more than anything. That's the most influential thing that can attract prospects to a program.

UF is one of those schools with a strong enough brand name, academic reputation and NFL pipeline that facilities don't matter as much.

I haven't been inside any football facilities other than Florida's, but I didn't walk away from the tour I went on thinking UF's weight room or locker room sucked.

Moreover, a few recruits have told me over the years that they like how Florida's facilities are within walking distance of the campus, dorms, dining hall, stadium and practice field.

But I honestly don't believe any kids make their decisions based on how nice or convenient a school's facilities are. It certainly helps when they're top-notch, but it doesn't hurt a program that has as much to offer as Florida.

jbcarol

Brent Zwerneman @BrentZwerneman  ·  14 hours ago

Via ESPN Bryant-Denny just has a beautiful build -- the proverbial not a bad seat in the joint:

jbcarol

Dieter Kurtenbach @dkurtenbach  ·  7 hours ago
FAU getting an indoor practice facility before Florida or Miami is pretty ridiculous.

jbcarol

mizzouman

Mizzou to put indoor practice facility on hold. The old one will do for now. Instead, to renovate the south end zone with more seating, football offices, weight room, locker room, etc.  Maybe a new visitor postgame interview room. 😃

Hogfaniam

It's time to start fixing up DWRRS once the BB center is done.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

mizzouman

Quote from: mizzouman on December 03, 2014, 09:13:10 pm
Mizzou to put indoor practice facility on hold. The old one will do for now. Instead, to renovate the south end zone with more seating, football offices, weight room, locker room, etc.  Maybe a new visitor postgame interview room.
Apparently, movement on this will begin in January with a goal to get this completed by the 2018 season.  This is what Pinkel wants and I guess he's getting it.  However, when completed, he will be 66 years old.  Not sure how long he will get to enjoy it. 

jbcarol

Memorial Stadium is slated to undergo another set of changes come January.

Missouri athletics director Mike Alden and Bryan Maggard, executive associate athletics director, sat down Thursday with members of the media to discuss plans to construct a football facility and a possible seat expansion on the south side of Memorial Stadium.

QuoteUp until about six weeks ago, Alden and the athletics department were focused on plans for a new indoor football facility where the current outdoor practice fields are. Then, during a meeting at Lakota Coffee Company, Missouri football coach Gary Pinkel expressed his desire to prioritize the south end zone project over the indoor facility.

Since the university already has an indoor practice facility, Alden agreed with Pinkel and decided to go forward with the south end zone project.

"With all of the success he (Pinkel) has had and all he has done, you want to keep that going and this gives us an opportunity to focus in on a highly visible but very highly effective project," Alden said.

The project will begin with expanding the south side of Memorial Stadium to hold the "day-to-day operations" of the football program. This facility will include a weight room, training room, locker room and meeting rooms for the team.

Maggard said once the project begins, they will travel around the country to look at similar facilities at other schools. Texas A&M recently completed work on a similar complex, and Kansas State is beginning construction on a complex attached to Bill Snyder Family Stadium.

Along with the facility, the south end zone project could include more premium or regular seating. Ultimately, Alden would like to see the south end zone's section be as tall as the other two sections. But as of now, Alden believes 71,004 is "right where we need to be." He said the school needs to sell out Memorial Stadium consistently before expanding capacity. Missouri had two sellouts this season...

jbcarol

Citrus Bowl @CitrusBowl  ·  Dec 5
Did you know the Orlando Citrus Bowl has 41,000 new lower bowl seats? Check it out at our Community Open House 12/14.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: jbcarol on December 07, 2014, 02:00:48 pm
Citrus Bowl @CitrusBowl  ·  Dec 5
Did you know the Orlando Citrus Bowl has 41,000 new lower bowl seats? Check it out at our Community Open House 12/14.

DWRRS Needs those in Pantone 202

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hogfaniam on December 07, 2014, 02:22:05 pm

I think it would be awesome to have chairbacks in the entire lower level. It would lower capacity, but it would make the stadium much nicer. Plus, we will make up for the loss in seats with the NEZ expansion.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogfaniam on December 07, 2014, 02:22:05 pm

Mine are.........also padded and with a cup holder!

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 10, 2014, 04:11:26 pm
Mine are.........also padded and with a cup holder!

how much extra are those?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogfaniam on December 10, 2014, 04:17:28 pm
how much extra are those?

Donation + ticket upcharge. It depends on what club area you are in as to what donation it is. My tickets face values are $100. I'm in the south outdoor club. My wife does not want to sit anywhere else. We were in the upper deck west side before that. It really doesn't matter to me as much as long as I'm able to be inside the stadium!

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 10, 2014, 04:31:06 pm
Donation + ticket upcharge. It depends on what club area you are in as to what donation it is. My tickets face values are $100. I'm in the south outdoor club. My wife does not want to sit anywhere else. We were in the upper deck west side before that. It really doesn't matter to me as much as long as I'm able to be inside the stadium!

oh, i thought you were talking about the clip ons

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogfaniam on December 10, 2014, 04:56:45 pm
oh, i thought you were talking about the clip ons

Hah! Those don't come with a cup holder................

jbcarol

Todd Moyer @UT_MBB_STRENGTH  ·  5 hours ago
Rendering of the new barber shop in the anderson training complex!!!

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jbcarol

Scott Stricklin @CoachStrick10  ·  17 hours ago

Foley Field Update as of December 11, 2014 http://www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/121114aaa.html ...

Video update of work on UGa's baseball facility

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  5 hours ago

ICYMI, Ole Miss was able to definitively say Monday what the north endzone project will look like. http://www.clarionledger.com/story/olemisssports/2014/12/15/ole-miss-vaug

QuoteOXFORD Ole Miss' new north endzone will bowl-in Vaught-Hemingway Stadium and increase capacity to the largest stadium in the state.

Ole Miss announced concrete plans on Monday. Renderings had been released with the start of the Forward Together campaign in 2011 and again last year, but athletics director Ross Bjork said the current plan best fits the needs of the university while staying within what is possible financially.

It's expected to be completed in time for the 2016 season, and will push capacity to 64,038. Ole Miss will start construction on the north endzone in December 2015. It'll begin work on Jan. 7 on the south endzone project, which will add 30 luxury suites and 770 club level seats for 2015.

Ole Miss will move the student section, which is the one most affected by the addition of premium seating in the south endzone, to the north endzone for the 2016 season. It'll grow from 8,100 seats to more than 10,000, Bjork said.

Ole Miss is installing a new video board (104 feet wide by 94 feet tall) in the north endzone, and will have two 30-by-50 boards at each end of the north endzone.

Lose about 2,000 seats during the '15 season.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jbcarol on December 15, 2014, 05:00:18 pm
Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  5 hours ago

ICYMI, Ole Miss was able to definitively say Monday what the north endzone project will look like. http://www.clarionledger.com/story/olemisssports/2014/12/15/ole-miss-vaug

Lose about 2,000 seats during the '15 season.

old misses does not want MSU to have a bigger stadium than them. They have size envy. However after looking at the drawings of the northendzone expansion of VHS it looks done cheaply and doesn't add that many seats. It does need to be done though because the current north end zone is terrible. I'm surprised how "blah" those drawings look..............MSU's is much better looking.