Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Athletics Facilities Race

Started by jbcarol, June 14, 2012, 12:01:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Oscar Combs ‏@wildcatnews 18m
I think @UKYpres & his stunning letter to Rupp Project folks was just caused the biggest explosion this city has experienced in my lifetime.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/president-capilouto-writes-a-scathing-letter-to-city-of-lexington-on-rupp-arena
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Razorback Baseball ‏@RazorbackBSB 16h
Check out our unbelievable new indoor facility! The best in the country is in Fayetteville! #OmaHogs #NeverYield #WPS pic.twitter.com/1axJNKce6S

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

David Jones @DaveJonesUFbeat  ·  1h
The #Gators AD Jeremy Foley: Still "some money to raise'' for O-Dome expansion but confident everything come together next couple weeks.

jbcarol

James Pennington @pennington_jl  ·  6m
All the tarp you need when your field has no actual grass or dirt on it

UofL's Jim Patterson Stadium, a regional host site

NoNC4Tubs

Very nice looking field........ 8)

jbcarol

Story: While Rupp renovation sits in idle, other college hoops powers are moving ahead with major arena upgrades

The attempt to modernize Rupp Arena has been almost painful to watch.

QuoteWatching the difficulty Lexington has encountered getting a significant Rupp Arena upgrade off the drawing board made me curious about the arena situations for other elite men's college basketball programs.

There are essentially six programs — North Carolina, Duke, Louisville, Indiana, Kansas and UCLA — that I consider "benchmarks" for Kentucky. Interestingly, of those six, five have executed a substantial upgrade of their basketball arenas since 2010 or are in serious discussions to do so now.

jbcarol

Brent Zwerneman @BrentZwerneman  ·  1h
Biggest news is A&M will open its $450 million stadium w/ Ball State on Sept. 12, 2015. Fans should have plenty of time to browse at least.

So the Aggies' 2015 home non-conference slate is Ball State, Nevada and Western Carolina? Saying that's awful is being too nice.

Correct me if erroneous here -- 2015 will be 1st time in history A&M plays zero in-state schools? But all noncon games in state, FWIW.

Good Bull Hunting @GBHunting  ·  6h
More drone footage of Kyle Field construction from @BurgsDrone http://sbn.to/1hBx25E 

jbcarol

STLtoday @stltoday  ·  15h
Mizzou to break ground on 'Traditions Plaza' http://bit.ly/TjmzAO

QuoteUniversity of Missouri-Columbia students should have a new outdoor space to lounge around in this fall with the planned construction of a new outdoor amphitheater to be called Traditions Plaza.

Mizzou spokesman Nathan Hurst said the plaza will commemorate certain university traditions, including homecoming, which is believed to have started at Mizzou, and the annual Tiger Walk tradition, where each fall's freshman class meets and walks through the campus columns toward Jesse Hall.

Missouri

jbcarol

Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  18h
Fla High school coach RT @datdude58: Hate admit it but Kentucky's football facility is nice..looks better than the gators...foley step it up

Cedderick (sic) Daniels, Co-defensive Coordinator and Linebacker Coach at Gainesville High School.

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on June 08, 2014, 03:58:15 pm
Matt Jones @KySportsRadio  ·  18h
Fla High school coach RT @datdude58: Hate admit it but Kentucky's football facility is nice..looks better than the gators...foley step it up

Cedderick (sic) Daniels, Co-defensive Coordinator and Linebacker Coach at Gainesville High School.

Wow! What a slap in the face..... 8)

I'm guessing that the coach that said that was prodded into making that comment in order to help Foley secure the funding from the Alumni. Seriously, what high school coach IN Gainesville would make a comment like that unless it was for funding reasons.

jbcarol

Matt Zimmerman @CoachZ_ARKANSAS  ·  18h
First beams up today for new Razorback Basketball Performance Center. Its a beautiful sight.

jbcarol

rcb05 @rcb05  ·  17h
Panoramic of Kyle Field construction courtesy of McGibblets on @Texags.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Hugh Kellenberger @HKellenbergerCL  ·  7h
Ole Miss naming basketball facility for 'Blind Side' family http://on.thec-l.com/1ioG8Tw

QuoteMississippi will name its basketball practice facility for the family that inspired the movie, "The Blind Side."

The College Board voted Thursday to name the practice center for the Tuohy family. Sean Tuohy played basketball for Ole Miss in the early 1980s and was inducted into the Ole Miss Sports Hall of Fame in 1998.

Sean Tuohy is the SEC's all-time leader in assists.

jbcarol

Scott Stricklin @stricklinMSU  ·  22h
Latest time lapse video from the #DavisWade construction cam. It's getting close. #HailState

http://youtu.be/zlNkIafmcJc

jbcarol

Curators approve plan for new softball stadium, indoor football facility

QuoteThe ball is rolling for Missouri to build a new softball stadium east of the Hearnes Center and a new football indoor practice facility connected to the west edge of the Mizzou Athletics Training Complex.

AD Alden estimated the football indoor facility project would take about 21 to 27 months to complete. Completed in 1998, the Devine Pavilion is the current football indoor facility.

Alden said the east side construction at Memorial Stadium that will be completed in August will push stadium capacity to just more than 71,000. A south end zone expansion would increase that number to 80,000.

jbcarol

Razorback Basketball @RazorbackMBB  ·  Jun 20

Great progress being made on the Basketball Peformance Center! > http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?PALBID=1159662&DB_OEM_ID=6100 ... #WPS #NeverYield

jbcarol

WholeHogSports @wholehogsports  ·  23h
Here is a look inside Arkansas' new $9.6 million baseball indoor practice facility

WholeHogSports @wholehogsports  ·  23h
The new public entrance to the Razorbacks' indoor track facility

jbcarol

LSU BSB Equipment @LSUBaseballEQ  ·  5h
A little renovation going on in the @LSUBaseballEQ room. The best facility in college baseball keeps getting better..

The_Iceman

Quote from: jbcarol on June 24, 2014, 09:34:58 pm
LSU BSB Equipment @LSUBaseballEQ  ·  5h
A little renovation going on in the @LSUBaseballEQ room. The best facility in college baseball keeps getting better..

That's a debatable statement. Once Arkansas renovates Baum, it will be a false statement.

jbcarol

NoNC4Tubs

jbcarol

"We know who our competitor is," Brandon often says. "Your 60-inch, high-definition TV."

How Michigan's Greed Alienated Fans: A Cautionary Tale For All College Football

QuoteThis spring, the Michigan athletic department admitted what many had long suspected: Student football ticket sales are down, way down, from about 21,000 in 2012 to a projected 13,000-14,000 this season.

The department has blamed cell phones, high-definition TV and student apathy sweeping the nation. All real problems, to be sure, but they don't explain how Michigan alienated 40 percent of its students in just two years -- and their parents, too.

How did Michigan do it? By forgetting why we love college football...

jbcarol

UK AD Barnhart does not rule out possibility of an on campus basketball arena

Quote"It's one of the more interesting conversations in all of conversations in terms of our basketball (program)."

The Kentucky official gets emails and letters from fans asking him to move the men's basketball arena back on campus. He gets nearly as many telling him to leave it at the heart of downtown where it's been since 1976.

He vacillates in his thoughts on it, too.

"There are days when you say, 'Boy, it'd be nice to walk into your own facility and not have to worry about practice times, game scheduling, boom, boom, boom, all of this kind of stuff.'

"Then there's times when you think, 'Do I want the headache of owning my own facility and all the stuff that goes with it and goes into it?' There's pluses and minuses to both conversations."

jbcarol

Locker Rooms  ·  6h
South Carolina Men's basketball 🏀😍🙌 pic.twitter.com/8oIeQtf8lZ

jbcarol

Florida announced its design and build team for the planned renovation of the Stephen C. O'Connell Center on Tuesday.

QuoteThe estimated $45-50 million project is set to begin following the conclusion of the 2014-15 basketball season and will include a total remake of the seating bowl to include chair-back seating for all fans. The concourse levels will undergo a makeover, as well, with wider walkways and improved concessions and restrooms.

The project is currently slated to wrap up in time for commencement exercises in December 2015.

NoNC4Tubs

jbcarol

ESPN SEC @ESPN_SEC  ·  Jul 2
College football's top 10 scoreboards http://es.pn/1o2itoz

Outside of Tejas

QuoteArkansas: It might not have the largest square feet (6,286), but it's actually the longest video board in the country at 166.3 feet. And it stands 37.8 feet tall. With strong player introductions and graphics, there has been plenty to take Razorbacks fans' minds off of the subpar play exhibited by their team over the last two seasons. The massive SMARTVISION video display creates a dazzling backdrop behind the north end zone while standing atop Arkansas' indoor practice facility.

Pickwick Hog

Been thinking. Parking is limited in Fayetteville. The largest lot is across from Baum.

Consider a massive parking garage with elevated rail service going up Razorback Rd and back. Platforms serving all the major venues between Baum and Razorback Stadium.

It doesn't have to be operated year round, but will require year round maintenance.

THAT is over the top. Oregon ain't done it yet. Would anyone here be in support of something so lavish in order to get ahead?

Just wondering.
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

Sooie71923

Yes! Would be awsome.

Parking seems like the last thing anyone thinks of, or doesn't think of.

Yeah, if you build it they will come.... But where will they park?

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

That would be awesome.  A speedy mono-rail-type thing shaped like a Razorback.

That would be sweet.  Something kiddos would never forget.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

pigture perfect

That would be great. The older I get, the better it sounds
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

OnTheHillHogFan

Its a great idea but it won't happen. Hell they won't even build a parking garage because they take too long to pay for themselves.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

go hogues

Best idea I've heard is a deck under the pit with a lawn on top to tailgate. That really needs to happen.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: go hogues on July 04, 2014, 12:31:10 am
Best idea I've heard is a deck under the pit with a lawn on top to tailgate. That really needs to happen.
That doesn't provide any more parking though.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Mike Irwin

If you used a system like that for the entire university it could be justified. Not sure how the students and faculty would feel about an elevated rail system though. Maybe if it ran on electricity generated by solar power they'd accept it.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 04, 2014, 03:45:24 am
If you used a system like that for the entire university it could be justified. Not sure how the students and faculty would feel about an elevated rail system though. Maybe if it ran on electricity generated by solar power they'd accept it.

I suggest solar powered boats. The UA has experience with them............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hawginthecovers

How about a gondola / covered chairlift operation.  Gondola's shaped like a razorback would be cool.  Could watch everyone tailgating all the way to the stadium.  Be a carnival like atmosphere.  I don't know....maybe?

LZH

Anything forward-thinking like that will be laughed right out of the conference room......has everyone forgotten where we are?

ICEman

Perhaps a 'cut and cover' subway system is feasible. 
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

LZH

Quote from: ICEman on July 05, 2014, 10:34:44 pm
Perhaps a 'cut and cover' subway system is feasible. 

Horse and buggies would be sooooo cutting edge.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 04, 2014, 03:45:24 am

I called for this 15 years ago.  It was scoffed at then.  Maybe now...?

Mike Irwin

It's actually a cool idea. But you know, there are always people out there who raise hell if they think something is going to spoil their view. To me elevated monorails look futuristic. Hippies would rather have fans walk to the games because walking is nature-like. But then hippies would rather have frisbee tossing as the big sport on campus.

Quote from: Hawginthecovers on July 05, 2014, 09:37:12 pm
How about a gondola / covered chairlift operation.  Gondola's shaped like a razorback would be cool.  Could watch everyone tailgating all the way to the stadium.  Be a carnival like atmosphere.  I don't know....maybe?

That's a cool idea of a bird's eye view of tailgating, activites...
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Put water guns on it like at Silver Dollar City...

GEO-HOG

This is a great idea to get people from Baum to RRS quickly.  Elevated rail sounds cool, but a trolley rail sounds more realistic.  They could easily put one in the center lane if they expand Razorback Road by the stadium.