Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike has spelled out his expectations for this team

Started by HoustonwehaveaProblem, December 08, 2014, 03:24:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoustonwehaveaProblem

I believe that it is a simple issue when it comes to Mike's future here at Arkansas. NCAA tourney or bust.

Mike spelled out his expectations in this article for this team. http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2014/08/12/arkansas-razorbacks-mike-anderson-ncaa-tournament-sec

If he fails to get them to the tournament then I think everyone involved would understand that he is not meeting expectations as our coach. Notice how he worded his expectations in that article, " This is the year we HAVE to take it to the next level..."
  It is year 4 with all his players playing his system. Time to put up or shut up. A lot of times a coaches future is decided by a lack of attendance, off court behavior of the team, but I believe that Mike's future lies in his own two hands. Fortunately, he has most of the season to figure this team out and get them on track. If he can do that then he will keep his job, and should in my opinion. However, if he fails to make the tournament, which invites 68 teams, then I think it is time to move on.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Mao Tse-tusk on December 08, 2014, 03:24:39 pm
I believe that it is a simple issue when it comes to Mike's future here at Arkansas. NCAA tourney or bust.

Mike spelled out his expectations in this article for this team. http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2014/08/12/arkansas-razorbacks-mike-anderson-ncaa-tournament-sec

If he fails to get them to the tournament then I think everyone involved would understand that he is not meeting expectations as our coach. Notice how he worded his expectations in that article, " This is the year we HAVE to take it to the next level..."
  It is year 4 with all his players playing his system. Time to put up or shut up. A lot of times a coaches future is decided by a lack of attendance, off court behavior of the team, but I believe that Mike's future lies in his own two hands. Fortunately, he has most of the season to figure this team out and get them on track. If he can do that then he will keep his job, and should in my opinion. However, if he fails to make the tournament, which invites 68 teams, then I think it is time to move on.

I doubt if Mike would come to agreement with you if that scenario unfolds.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858