Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Worst Part of All This...

Started by Breems, December 07, 2014, 10:08:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jry04

Quote from: hogsanity on December 08, 2014, 02:30:31 pm
In today's college basketball, I don't think anyone is a lock to lose in conference. The point is, assuming they go 5-0 in the rest of their non conf games, they have to win 12 sec games.  That's win em all at home and win 3 road games.
I know what we have to do to get there, and I think we do. I have a hard time believing we wont win 3 games against the bottom 5 or 6 teams in the sec on the road.

jry04

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on December 08, 2014, 02:29:26 pm
The reason we were only a 4 pt favorite @ Clemson was not about Clemson, it was about us.

Because of our road woes over, well, forever, any road line is going to be mostly influenced by bettors doubts re: US.

I understand. Just pointing out that up until the last 47 seconds when our team absolutely collapsed, we performed about how people outside of Arkansas expected. Unfortunatrly the last 47 seconds count, too.

The_Iceman

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on December 08, 2014, 02:16:03 pm
If you didn't see this coming after the Iona game. I don't know what to tell ya...

Iona just lost to Monmouth, who lost to Towson.

hogsanity

Quote from: jry04 on December 08, 2014, 02:36:31 pm
I know what we have to do to get there, and I think we do. I have a hard time believing we wont win 3 games against the bottom 5 or 6 teams in the sec on the road.

assuming the hogs go 9-0 at home in the sec, which is no gimmee.

The real killer last year was the loss at home to mizzu ( and letting FLA off the hook in BWA as well ). Win either of those, and even with getting rolled at Bama on the last day of the season, and losing to SC in the sect, they still might have gotten in.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jry04

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 08, 2014, 02:40:30 pm
Iona just lost to Monmouth, who lost to Towson.
When will people learn that this stuff does not matter in college basketball? Who Monmouth lost to is irrelevant when it comes to playing Iona.

Nobody, in all seriousness, believes Gardner Webb or Winthrop is better than Arkansas, yet they beat Clemson. We beat Clemsom last year, and Duke lost to Clemson. That must mean Duke sucked or Arkansas was really good last year, right?

jry04

Quote from: hogsanity on December 08, 2014, 02:49:49 pm
assuming the hogs go 9-0 at home in the sec, which is no gimmee.

The real killer last year was the loss at home to mizzu ( and letting FLA off the hook in BWA as well ). Win either of those, and even with getting rolled at Bama on the last day of the season, and losing to SC in the sect, they still might have gotten in.
I agree. With this schedule we should be able to win all of our home games as long as we win Saturday, in my opinion.

-Blu

Quote from: jry04 on December 08, 2014, 02:51:45 pm
I agree. With this schedule we should be able to win all of our home games as long as we win Saturday, in my opinion.

Saturday is now a huge game for us.  Can't wait for it.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: jry04 on December 08, 2014, 02:50:57 pm
When will people learn that this stuff does not matter in college basketball? Who Monmouth lost to is irrelevant when it comes to playing Iona.

Nobody, in all seriousness, believes Gardner Webb or Winthrop is better than Arkansas, yet they beat Clemson. We beat Clemsom last year, and Duke lost to Clemson. That must mean Duke sucked or Arkansas was really good last year, right?

It certainly is not irrelevant when the computers work up RPI numbers, that's for sure.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Atlhogfan1

Scheduling Dayton was smart as the A10 knows how to play the RPI game.  This win should help. 

The Hogs need Iona to have a strong season and if they win their conf tourney it would be a great bonus. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 08, 2014, 03:01:18 pm
Scheduling Dayton was smart as the A10 knows how to play the RPI game.  This win should help. 

The Hogs need Iona to have a strong season and if they win their conf tourney it would be a great bonus. 

The schedule was better, and it probably bought the Hogs the need to win one less game than they would have needed other wise. That game yesterday though should have been a sure win against a team from a power 5 league, on the road no less.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE