Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

start the best defensive players

Started by ballz2thewall, December 07, 2014, 08:15:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballz2thewall

i'm not getting the complete lack of defensive aggression.

the opponent may fear us scoring at times.  but we've not put them in fear of scoring.

until we do we can only depend on our shooting.  duh!

and that "duh" is not getting it.
The rest of the frog.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

jjdlc

There at least needs to be some changes to the starting lineup.

chiefhawg

Miles was suppose to be a great defender or at least that was his role at WV. If he can defend a dribbler and move with any speed on offense he would be an upgrade from #2.

HogsBalls

Danny J

Yeah....I would start or at least try:

Beard
Watkins
Qualls
Williams
Portis

Something along those lines.

Pig Worshipper

The fly in the ointment with your solution is that, if you start your best defensive players, you leave your best offensive player on the bench in Portis. He is not a very good defensive player. Kingsley is better on defense but we need Portis' scoring ability.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on December 07, 2014, 10:13:29 pm
The fly in the ointment with your solution is that, if you start your best defensive players, you leave your best offensive player on the bench in Portis. He is not a very good defensive player. Kingsley is better on defense but we need Portis' scoring ability.

yeah man; i'm aware of that. i'm just being a bit absurd to highlight a point.

but what's wrong with focusing on having strong defense at the start of the game?  keeping the other guys out of the mine is a good way to keep them from getting the ore.
The rest of the frog.

cbhawg03

We would never score!

When he has in Beard, Watkins and Williams, we struggle to score unless we score in transition. You guys keep pushing for Watkins to play more and more minutes because of his defense, but he can't make a jumper to save his life. It is that simple, for what he gives you on defense, it is that bad on offense. You play 5 on 4 with teams begging him to shoot the ball.

The_Iceman

Quote from: cbhawg03 on December 08, 2014, 08:50:33 am
We would never score!

When he has in Beard, Watkins and Williams, we struggle to score unless we score in transition. You guys keep pushing for Watkins to play more and more minutes because of his defense, but he can't make a jumper to save his life. It is that simple, for what he gives you on defense, it is that bad on offense. You play 5 on 4 with teams begging him to shoot the ball.

That is the downside to Watkins. And the more he plays, the more his offense gets exposed. He has to develop a jumper over the off-season.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 08, 2014, 09:10:38 am
That is the downside to Watkins. And the more he plays, the more his offense gets exposed. He has to develop a jumper over the off-season.

The kid defers to his elders. I don't know what his game would look like on the playground, but as a sophomore walk-on in college, he defers a lot. Natural.
[CENSORED]!