Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas continues to exhibit, head coach to players very low basketball IQ

Started by ra2ford, December 07, 2014, 06:31:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ra2ford

With the extra time out per half and the TV timeouts you cannot win with athleticism alone.  You have to play smart, fundamental BB - like anticipating a frantic press at the end of regulation.   Oh well

bigdaddyhawg

Bobby Portis dominating on the block starting the second half, and then the team proceeds to forget who he is??

Yes, pretty low BB IQ.

And for that not to change in any significant way -- that's low coaching IQ.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

hobhog

Either the players are ignoring MA's instruction, or their isn't any. Both bad.

jkstock04

I too would like to see more basketball fundamentals emplored in our style of play. I watch these other teams (from up north) and the seemingly simple fundamentals are night and day difference to what we do.

I know that's not what we do, that's not our style. But, to me....sometimes I find myself thinking it would be nice if we could have better basketball fundamental play and not 100% rely on athletic ability.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

lookawayquick

I most concerned about the inability to make good decisions. We have a 5th year senior PG and two junior off guards and not one of them seem to know how to distribute the ball.  Gonna be a long year if this team does not find a field general.

Deeznutts

Very awkward mix of players. Tall guys are soft, unorthodox and can't rebound. Short guys can't shoot or handle the ball very well. Nobody moves very well, very unathletic, contrary to the myth. Team doesn't move nor think very well. Very disorganized and confused most of the time. For every strength any player has, they have an ENORMOUS coinciding weakness. Just a weird team of misfits for any system.

latrops

Quote from: Deeznutts on December 07, 2014, 10:29:34 pm
Very awkward mix of players. Tall guys are soft, unorthodox and can't rebound. Short guys can't shoot or handle the ball very well. Nobody moves very well, very unathletic, contrary to the myth. Team doesn't move nor think very well. Very disorganized and confused most of the time. For every strength any player has, they have an ENORMOUS coinciding weakness. Just a weird team of misfits for any system.

Whether you have a point or not, I can't take anything seriously from someone with the moniker "Deeznutts".  Sorry.

Deeznutts

Great reason not to. Hard to take a coach named Nutt seriously too. Got the point?

hawgalum1984

Quote from: hobhog on December 07, 2014, 08:59:32 pm
Either the players are ignoring MA's instruction, or their isn't any. Both bad.

There isn't any instruction....didn't you hear the game the other night when the SEC network had the "Mike" on Mike....   It was like...  "Ok guys....need some energy out there......let's pick it up on defense......need some energy......don't see energy from you guys we're gonna put some guys in there with some energy"......    Heck, I could be a cheerleader....and for $2 Million plus per year....I could be a darn good one.

This is why you don't see a whole lot of player improvement either....some over a 3-4 year period.

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: Deeznutts on December 07, 2014, 10:29:34 pm

I think some of the lack of bigmen rebounding is they are out of position cause of switching on screens 30-40 feet from the basket.