Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

These games are going to pay off for us down the road..

Started by WhatsitHOGabout, December 07, 2014, 06:17:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatsitHOGabout

Madden killed us this game.  He and the Hall kid.

We do not deserve to be ranked.

Captain Obvious Out!  😡

EastMemphisHog

rhinohog84

Biggus Piggus

Portis missed some shots when the team badly needed scores.
[CENSORED]!

40MINSOFHELL

WorfHog

Quote from: rhinohog84 on December 07, 2014, 06:23:48 pm
This game may pay off for us, in the NIT

Maybe we can get destroyed by a mediocre Cal team again.

ThrillaHog

Quote from: WhatsitHOGabout on December 07, 2014, 06:17:30 pm

Captain Obvious Out!  😡

This. This will drop us we'll out of the rankings and we deserve it.

WhatsitHOGabout

There is no doubt that MA is not the coach Nolan was.  MA needs to get tougher on these kids.

Demaghog

Quote from: WhatsitHOGabout on December 07, 2014, 06:17:30 pm

Captain Obvious Out!  😡

Yes, I can do other things this season instead of watch this team lose it's way to the NIT.

Amityvillehogger

Go back and watch the Iowa St game. That's what coaching looks like. All the made shots aside from them, those boys are getting coaching. Our boys, psssh.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

acepoker

Quote from: WhatsitHOGabout on December 07, 2014, 06:28:29 pm
There is no doubt that MA is not the coach Nolan was.  MA needs to get tougher on these kids.
mike needs to be tougher. He knows what to do. Portis is a great player, idk if the others are ready yet. We just need to gel by conference play. I don't see Qualls as NBA talent. Great talent but not disciplined yet

WhatsitHOGabout

Quote from: acepoker on December 07, 2014, 06:34:01 pm
mike needs to be tougher. He knows what to do. Portis is a great player, idk if the others are ready yet. We just need to gel by conference play. I don't see Qualls as NBA talent. Great talent but not disciplined yet

Agreed!  Qualls is a wild man!  He can get better if he can mature.  No doubt he has the talent.

Pigsear

Street ball, no defense, no offense, no strategy, just roll the ball out there and get after it.

razorbackkid

I don't see this game paying off in any sort of positive way.  Just showed the rest of college basketball that we suck on the road once again.

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Danny J

Would be different if Clemson was going to be even a decent team. They may not even be .500 this year.

CMA has some hard choices to make going forward.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 07, 2014, 06:25:11 pm
Portis missed some shots when the team badly needed scores.

0 FT attempts for the 3rd time this season.  Only 5 attempts in the last 4 games.  On pace for less than a 100 this season.  Needs to be more physical IMO especially down the stretch. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Pork Twain

Losing to a good team pays off.  Losing to an inferior team exposes you
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HogsBalls

It's obvious, we don't go hard to the rim and we settle for outside jumpers. We have a hard time blocking out for rebounds and our defense was still sporadic.

One positive I saw was working the offense through Portis. That's what needs to happen.

william.lane123

Quote from: Pigsear on December 07, 2014, 06:57:05 pm
Street ball, no defense, no offense, no strategy, just roll the ball out there and get after it.

This!!!

Letsroll1200

Quote from: HogsBalls on December 07, 2014, 07:15:04 pm
It's obvious, we don't go hard to the rim and we settle for outside jumpers. We have a hard time blocking out for rebounds and our defense was still sporadic.

One positive I saw was working the offense through Portis. That's what needs to happen.

There are a couple of players that believe they are better than Portis. One of them missed a easy lay up in Overtime!

The_Iceman

How are we in year 4 of Mikes system and we have no speed at guard?

Danny J

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 07, 2014, 07:18:19 pm
How are we in year 4 of Mikes system and we have no speed at guard?
I still think the lineups are the issue. Need to make some changes to start and finish the game. I would not play Madden at the 1 especially against smaller PG's. They just eat him alive on offense and defense.

acepoker

The defense just lacks intensity especially after the other team does something well. Great players and teams respond, not hang their heads. We we have to stop getting sucked under the rim when the ball is being shot from the perimeter. Either its a made basketball or a long rebound and we always have at least 2 players inside the circle. These issues can be worked out by seasons end. I'm not giving up but we need improvement ASAP.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Pigsear on December 07, 2014, 06:57:05 pm

It's not even close to street ball. That is what us white folks call any kind of game that doesn't seem to have a structure when we don't know enough about BB to critique it. If AR played "street ball" they would claw your eyes out to take the ball away from you and have at least 2 guys on the court who would not soil themselves when they were passed the ball at winning time. AR style is way closer to "country club YMCA ball" than "streetbball".
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

hog golf

With a good seed in the NIT. Cant wait til selection monday!
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

latrops

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 07, 2014, 07:13:40 pm
Losing to a good team pays off.  Losing to an inferior team exposes you

Losing to an inferior team can pay off if you are able to evaluate and correct the deficiencies.  CMA has been losing to inferior teams on the road with regularity going back to his last season in Mizzou.  I'm no longer confident that he is competent to make the necessary adjustments.  I hope he does, but I saw things today that I didn't expect to still be seeing out of this team.

lookawayquick

I sing from the same hymnal as Danny J. Our starting guards are big time defensive liabilities. It amazes me that CMA has not developed or recruited. True floor general.  The current guards don't defend well or distribute basketball. Bell is asset when his shots are falling but that is about one in four games. Need an upgrade at the guard spot in the worst way.  CMA needs to bite the bullet and make some personnel changes.

ballz2thewall

The rest of the frog.

hogsanity

Quote from: latrops on December 07, 2014, 09:15:23 pm
  I'm no longer confident that he is competent to make the necessary adjustments. 

I am very confident he either CAN'T or WON'T make the adjustments. Either is a huge problem.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

bigred223

I don't see why we can't start Durham or beard at point and put madden at 2. That way we can have bell come in with the second unit. Williams and Kingsley need more minutes as well.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on December 07, 2014, 08:50:51 pm
It's not even close to street ball. That is what us white folks call any kind of game that doesn't seem to have a structure when we don't know enough about BB to critique it. If AR played "street ball" they would claw your eyes out to take the ball away from you and have at least 2 guys on the court who would not soil themselves when they were passed the ball at winning time. AR style is way closer to "country club YMCA ball" than "streetbball".

You are right, HSV. Some of these other guys can't resist the racist pejoratives about MA/Nolan. Style does not explain why this basketball team was incapable of executing anything in the last six minutes yesterday.
[CENSORED]!

TexArkHogFan

Helping us down the road brings back bad memories.  They once asked me to sing tenor in the church choir and I got all excited until I found out they meant ten r fifteen miles down the road. 
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: WhatsitHOGabout on December 07, 2014, 06:28:29 pm

Don't confuse not being as vocal as not being as tough. It may be true or it may not. Unless you are intimately connected and see what is going on everyday within the program nobody can really say if he is tough or not.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi