Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Our press..

Started by hogmolar, December 07, 2014, 04:33:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogmolar

We do a good job on the initial trap in the corner but we never have a person to guard the cross court pass out of the trap. So all it takes is one pass out of a double ream then they have a 4 on 3 every time. Any thoughts on why thus is?

Hogmeier

Is weak!  Decent teams can break it with ease and we don't have the ball hawks it takes to disrupt a decent team.

Deeznutts

3kgthog

It's a waste of our own energy. No one has trouble with it.

Danny J

Quote from: hogmolar on December 07, 2014, 04:33:34 pm
We do a good job on the initial trap in the corner but we never have a person to guard the cross court pass out of the trap. So all it takes is one pass out of a double ream then they have a 4 on 3 every time. Any thoughts on why thus is?
I agree it is a problem. The third guy is back too far. What is happening is the guy catching out of the trap is open to attack leaving 4 on 3. It is lazy defense.

Hogfaniam

Needs to be used sparingly and surprisingly.  I'm tired of other teams lay ups and dunks.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

mbgrulz

The idea is to speed up the game and entice a quick shot by the opponent. Stealing the ball is not the only sign the press is working.

Danny J

Quote from: mbgrulz on December 07, 2014, 05:02:20 pm
The idea is to speed up the game and entice a quick shot by the opponent. Stealing the ball is not the only sign the press is working.
I agree however we can't continue to allow them to get easy shots.

Hogfaniam

Is a waste of energy if we don't trap.  Just fall back and pick them up in the front court. 
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

ICEman

Keep Harris on the bench over the next 52 sec please!
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: ICEman on December 07, 2014, 05:55:21 pm
Keep Harris on the bench over the next 52 sec please!

Harris should never get off the damn bus, much less be let on the bench.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005