Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Portis Tweet

Started by WilsonHog, December 05, 2014, 07:41:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

intelligence

rude1

Quote from: WarPig88 on December 06, 2014, 07:46:13 pm
Fantastic comparison. You made my point brilliantly.

It's so early that a loss like that on the road really means nothing. Good teams can still get blown out on the road, especially EARLY in a season.
I don't know what your point is then. Yes good teams still sometimes get blown out on the road, but so do bad teams. So what's your point again? If your point is that this loss proves nothing, then we agree. If you think we are one of those good teams who laid an egg on the road, then I say there's not enough evidence to say this is indeed a good team.

dsims2k3

Even though the Cyclones jumped out on us early,  no one on the court was laying down and having a good bleed. We will be fine.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

WarPig88

Quote from: rude1 on December 06, 2014, 08:29:39 pm
I don't know what your point is then. Yes good teams still sometimes get blown out on the road, but so do bad teams. So what's your point again? If your point is that this loss proves nothing, then we agree. If you think we are one of those good teams who laid an egg on the road, then I say there's not enough evidence to say this is indeed a good team.

I have seen enough to know that this is a good team. This season will reflect it.

Teams should not be peaking right now so bad losses at this point in the season are pretty non sequitur.

I do understand and agree with you that this team has yet to PROVE they are good though. :razorback:

Beaverfever

Quote from: dsims2k3 on December 06, 2014, 08:32:56 pm
Even though the Cyclones jumped out on us early,  no one on the court was laying down and having a good bleed. We will be fine.
Amen to this.

NorthChuckHog

It's a line from a Drake song lol

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Hog1751 on December 06, 2014, 04:45:28 pm
I sure look forward to the day when I can come on jump ball and not have to sift through all the bullcrap. If you cant see we are a team on the rise maybe you need glasses.
And I'll be glad when I can come on Jump Vall to discuss what actually happened in a game without some jack hole pissing on my shoes while trying to convince me it's raining.

I support Mike and the Hogs.  I'm glad he is our coach.  But I consistently see the same issues.  Issues I don't like.

I shouldn't have to have smoke blown up my ass to post in JB.
All Gas, No Brakes!

intelligence

Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 06, 2014, 10:17:40 pm
And I'll be glad when I can come on Jump Vall to discuss what actually happened in a game without some jack hole pissing on my shoes while trying to convince me it's raining.

Amen!

intelligence

Hog1751

December 07, 2014, 09:27:39 am #109 Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 02:39:43 pm by Hog1751
Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 06, 2014, 10:17:40 pm

I support Mike and the Hogs.  I'm glad he is our coach.  But I consistently see the same issues.  Issues I don't like.

I shouldn't have to have smoke blown up my ass to post in JB.
I don't recall trying to convince anyone that it was raining. What I was talking about were the people who post the same crap in every thread regardless of what it was originally about. It's one thing to vent I get that. I vent by sparking up but to each their own. I was simply pointing out that this is a RAZORBACK BASKETBALL MESSAGE BOARD, and I think it's kind of strange in almost every thread 25% of the post are negative repetitive useless nonsense. Venting is one thing, arguing cause it get's you off is another. I personally come here to read about the Razorback's, have for 10-12 years. I rarely post because of exactly what I said above. There are many insightful smart people who post on this board but their are also quite a few of the above described people. I will continue to read and not post. Maybe in 2-3 years when we win a National Championship I can come back and post again without arguing, til then stay in peace and good luck to all my Hog brethren.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 06, 2014, 08:18:31 pm
I thought if we played great we'd only lose by 10.

Exactly!! Anyone that knows anything about ISU, their style, their personnel, had to know this game would be the perfect storm for the Hogs. I thought our only hope was to come out with a changed philosophy and play straight up man which wasn't going to happen. If you try to trap ISU and they are on, you are going to get blown out. They were on, their crowd was rabid and I actually thought we played well cutting into the lead a couple of times. Zero shame in that loss, you look at the early season humbling as a positive and move forward.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

arkansasstory

Someone explain the Clemson game

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

hog golf

I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

Champs04

ICEman

Any Tweets after this game?
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

la20688

Quote from: arkansasstory on December 07, 2014, 06:26:57 pm
Road favorite got "upset". It happens quite a bit in college hoops.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: la20688 on December 07, 2014, 10:49:16 pm
Road favorite got "upset". It happens quite a bit in college hoops.
It can't happen to a team like us that already can't win on the road in a league where road wins are so rare. In March we'll look back on the season, see probably 4 or 5 road wins, and the selection committee will point out an early December loss to a bad Clemson team. The committee doesn't value home wins much, so if you don't win all your home games, then you're in trouble, because road wins will be few and far between. The key to winning on the road in the SEC is not experience or any of that crap; it's being head and shoulders better than the home team, and I don't think we're quite that good. I'm still not worried about a tournament berth, but losses like this can bump you down a seed or two.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

intelligence

Quote from: ICEman on December 07, 2014, 10:10:41 pm
Any Tweets after this game?

"It's a marathon not a sprint. Like my mom always says, everything happens for a reason but they all lessons. #foe #loe #weallwegot"

-Blu

Quote from: intelligence on December 07, 2014, 11:07:56 pm
"It's a marathon not a sprint. Like my mom always says, everything happens for a reason but they all lessons. #foe #loe #weallwegot"

Gotta love Bobby.  Dude is a winner.  One thing I wish he would do though, is start getting in some guys faces during the timeouts when they don't give him a touch every time down the court. 

intelligence

Quote from: -Blu on December 07, 2014, 11:11:06 pm
Gotta love Bobby.  Dude is a winner.  One thing I wish he would do though, is start getting in some guys faces during the timeouts when they don't give him a touch every time down the court.

You didn't see him in the Iona game get up in Alandise Harris face. He screamed at him "Come on man!" so loud you could hear it on the tv.

userpick

Quote from: -Blu on December 07, 2014, 11:11:06 pm

I watched him mouth "finish" to Qualls up 6 with a minute left. He should have said it to his coach instead.

Hogfaniam

Their half court trap caused us to shat ourselves.  That, and their blatant inability to stick their ass between their man and the basket.  If we would take all that energy we use trying to steal the ball and direct it towards getting a rebound on both ends of the floor, we would get the ball many more times and ALWAYS will be in a better defensive position. 
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

dbaileyway7

Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 06, 2014, 09:45:38 am
The problem is many "fans" are basically plantation owner wannabes.  They think they own the program, and the players/coaches are just part of the program.

College sports is just another cotton field to many of these jackholes.
Let's bring out the race card....it's not used enough.

elkhog

Can't be the players, we have the talent.   That leaves one thing.
GO HOGS!!!

Hogfan1660

His tweet should've read I'm getting schooled on defense and I'm the softest big man that has played at Arkansas but I'm going to work my tail off to fix it!

-Blu

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on December 08, 2014, 09:03:56 pm
His tweet should've read I'm getting schooled on defense and I'm the softest big man that has played at Arkansas but I'm going to work my tail off to fix it!

I've read nearly all of Bobby Portis NBA scouting reports and never seen him associated with the word soft.  Hard worker, High Motor, Energy, High IQ, those are the common words associated with his game play.  Bobby Portis was the absolute last reason reason we lost this game, his second half play was the sole reason we were in the lead in the second half.  If anything we lost because our guards failed to continuously feed him the ball, had they done that we probably would have won by double digits. 

intelligence

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on December 08, 2014, 09:03:56 pm

I respect you for putting yourself on that island haha, but i don't think he's the softest big man to ever play here. I'm glad he didnt' try to put on 60 lbs in his first season and flame out, like what happened to Mickelson.

Kevin

Wish bobby would go all Keyshawn Johnson on his guards
Throw me the damn ball
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

intelligence

Quote from: Kevin on December 08, 2014, 09:31:06 pm
Wish bobby would go all Keyshawn Johnson on his guards
Throw me the damn ball

Qualls too. When maddens in the game, he stops feeding bobby and mike. if you pay attention, bobby and mike tend to share the rock with each other the most. think there might be a bit of jealous on the team.