Stan Heath calling Clemson Arkansas game

Started by BadHog, December 05, 2014, 04:42:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

secfan30

Pork Twain

Hope he calls like he recruits and not like he coaches
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

bigred223

I like Stan. Classy guy. Recruited a pretty good team here before he was let go and made pelphreys first year easy.

RazorAg

I've heard him a few times, and think he does a good job.  I think he'll add better than average commentary.

Paul

Quote from: bigred223 on December 06, 2014, 09:34:32 am
I like Stan. Classy guy. Recruited a pretty good team here before he was let go and made pelphreys first year easy.
I don't know what when on behind the scenes but I liked the guy a lot.

nextlevel

I hope the game doesn't move too fast for him to keep up.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

RockChalkJayhawk

I've watched a couple games Coach Heath has done and thought he was excellent.  I really enjoyed his delivery and commentary.
Who knows, but he may well be a rising star in the broadcasting profession.

Ugly Uncle

I like Stan Heath.  I think he will do a great job.
Retired Radio Host

Dr. Starcs

He may not be able to relay the score to the audience if it gets above 60. Lol

In all seriousness, I really like csh and hope he's successful in the future.

pigture perfect

Stan Got a raw deal here. I hope the hog fans in attendance show him a little love.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

IronMountainHog

Heath did not get a raw deal here, he sucked and thats why he is gone. Also sucked at SF and thats why hes gone there.

pigture perfect

He did get a raw deal here. Nolan left him nothing. He improved every year. His style was not exciting, but wasn't bad considering what he had to work with. Besides, has anyone else succeeded at South Florida? No, I didn't think so.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

WarPig88

Quote from: pigture perfect on December 06, 2014, 01:47:37 pm
He did get a raw deal here. Nolan left him nothing. He improved every year. His style was not exciting, but wasn't bad considering what he had to work with. Besides, has anyone else succeeded at South Florida? No, I didn't think so.

Not true. Nolan just didn't leave him his style of players.

Heck, Heath lost his job because he was hell bent on playing Famutimi over Modica because Modica was a Nolan recruit.

Could have been in the tournament a year earlier had he not done that and probably solidified his job here for a few more years.

rude1

Quote from: IronMountainHog on December 06, 2014, 01:40:11 pm
Heath did not get a raw deal here, he sucked and thats why he is gone. Also sucked at SF and thats why hes gone there.
Ummm when you have the administration going public saying that if you make the tournament you will be brought back, but after you make the tournament you get fired. Yeah that's a raw deal completely.

BigoBoys

PorkerOinker

Quote from: rude1 on December 06, 2014, 03:58:38 pm
Ummm when you have the administration going public saying that if you make the tournament you will be brought back, but after you make the tournament you get fired. Yeah that's a raw deal completely.

Both sides agreed to a contract, which had a buyout for both sides agreed upon by both sides. Heath got fired and got paid his buyout, so it wasn't a raw deal. Contract was followed by both sides.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

rude1

Quote from: PorkerOinker on December 06, 2014, 08:48:14 pm
Both sides agreed to a contract, which had a buyout for both sides agreed upon by both sides. Heath got fired and got paid his buyout, so it wasn't a raw deal. Contract was followed by both sides.
Bigger than what was written on the contract, what about the administrations word? Does that matter? Obviously it did matter because nobody would come here and we ended up with a mess of a coaching search that led to one guy taking the job then leaving as quick as he came, then the hiring of Pel out of desperation. Yes it was a raw deal.

Breems

Quote from: mrp on December 06, 2014, 09:39:23 pm
I despise Dana Altman.

Call the Hogs Dana!

I'm not sure my friends in Omaha would like to see me do that.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: rude1 on December 06, 2014, 03:58:38 pm

Yeah that was frank broyles assuming he was getting billy gillespie and failed and got Pel who was worse than Heath

bulldog04

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on December 07, 2014, 03:14:07 am
Yeah that was frank broyles assuming he was getting billy gillespie and failed and got Pel who was worse than Heath
I think this is the closest thing to the truth anyone has said on here

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22