Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Mike Leach and Washington State just beat #5 USC!

Started by RedSkiesAtNightHog, September 30, 2017, 01:16:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RedSkiesAtNightHog

The Cougars are undefeated!  If you can win at Washington State, can't you win at Arkansas?  Their stadium was sold out with a crowd of 33,000!  Yet Leach can get California kids to come to Pullman, Washington! Plus, their field goal kicker was 3 for 3!

presidenthog

Quote from: RedSkiesAtNightHog on September 30, 2017, 01:16:05 am
The Cougars are undefeated!  If you can win at Washington State, can't you win at Arkansas?  Their stadium was sold out with a crowd of 33,000!  Yet Leach can get California kids to come to Pullman, Washington! Plus, their field goal kicker was 3 for 3!

I believe he is also 33-34 at wazzu. Maybe .500 now. They beat a very overrated USC team. Go look at who USC has played, and then the scores. They barely beat a terrible Texas team in ot, which was using a freshman qb.

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: presidenthog on September 30, 2017, 01:23:46 am
I believe he is also 33-34 at wazzu. Maybe .500 now. They beat a very overrated USC team. Go look at who USC has played, and then the scores. They barely beat a terrible Texas team in ot, which was using a freshman qb.

Prior to Mike Leach, Washington State had not had a winning record since 2003.  His rebuild job was much more difficult than what Coach B faced, even after "Smile".

Calihog2012

Mike Leach record has nothing to do with how great of a coach he is... Wazzu was a dumpster fire when he got there and he has built it up year after year.

I would hire him at Arkansas

umpqua

Quote from: RedSkiesAtNightHog on September 30, 2017, 01:16:05 am

Pullman? Ever been there? Recruiting to a wasteland. Seriously.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: mrp on September 30, 2017, 01:46:49 am
It's good to see our next coach doing so well.

We can only pray!  Man I feel like leech would excel at Arkansas ..

buldozer

Swestwill66

After the petition deal, it will be over Long's corpse!

TNRazorbacker

Leach is damn good coach. Washington State could scarcely line up straight prior to his going there. They were awful.  I also like that he does things very different offensively. I think thats the type of coach AR needs.

PORKULATOR

The only thing more overrated than USC is Sam Darnold. My NY Jets think he'll be franchise worthy. Lol
Soooo screwed.
As for Mike, y'all remember why he's at Wazzou... Do ya?
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

davglo35

Leach is an offensive genius. Look what he did at Texas Tech. Remember when TT beat Texas in 2008. That's when texas was good.
Only reason he left TT was because of Craig James and the cry baby incident. Seen Craig James lately? Leach is doing it again at Wash St.
I remember when he was on Playbook every day. I enjoyed listening to him. He is a strange cat and very funny. He would be a breath of fresh air for the Hogs.

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

SPAL

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

From Tusk Till Dawn

He's in year 6.  Had losing seasons his first 3.  I love his offense but curious how easily a drastic transition like that could happen.  Would we be accepting of losing seasons for the first 3 years?

Hollywood_HOGan45

elksnort

My damn suddenlink would not play ESPN last night. Error v58, whatever that is.

Ironhawg

That was an entertaining game.  Leach was heavily involved in running the WSU offense.  His DC learned at Mizzou.  He's a young guy who believes in lighter, speedier players.  Leach is only 56 but looks older.  He's kind of starting to look like Mrs. Doubtfire. 

hoglady

Quote from: presidenthog on September 30, 2017, 01:23:46 am

If you listened to the announcers after the game, the AD for Washington St went down to Key West to talk Leach into taking the job. He penned a letter to the newspaper explaining why - AD said he knew that Leach was the one to help a program that was at the time possibly the worst football program in college football. So from where they were - Leach has been a miracle worker. From 2008-2011 they were 9-40. Leach arrived in 2012.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on September 30, 2017, 07:08:51 am
He's in year 6.  Had losing seasons his first 3.  I love his offense but curious how easily a drastic transition like that could happen.  Would we be accepting of losing seasons for the first 3 years?

Those 3 years of losing weren't because of the transition to Leach's offense - it was because he took over an absolutely horrible program that had only won 9 games in the previous 4 years.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hoglady

That's one heck of a QB Leach has - started out as a walk-on.

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on September 30, 2017, 07:08:51 am

I don't think the turnaround would have to be nearly as dramatic here. WS was THE bottom dweller of the PAC12 when he got there. For the four years prior with Paul Wulff they won 2,1,2, and 4 games respectively. A total of 4 conference wins, in the PAC12, in 4 years. They hadn't had a winning season since 2004.   He wouldn't come into nearly as dire a situation here. BB may not work out but he'll leave the program in better shape than he found it.