Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TV This weekend

Started by Dwight_K_Shrute, November 30, 2017, 06:51:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight_K_Shrute

This should make for some interesting viewing.  I'm sure people's opinions on certain candidates will rise or fall based on how their teams perform in these games.

All times are CST.

11:00 am ABC  #20 Memphis vs #14 UCF for the AAC championship.  UCF is undefeated and Memphis has 1 loss, unfortunately to UCF.  USF was able to take UCF to the wire so Memphis definitely has a shot but Scott Frost has this team rolling.  I expect a high scoring entertaining game.  Will not change my opinion on Norvell one bit if Memphis loses, but here's hoping the Tigers win.  A win might convince the Peepaws that he is the real deal.

11:00 am ESPN 2 North Texas Vs FAU for the Conf USA championship.  Both teams come in at 9-3.  FAU is undefeated in the conference while North Texas is 7-1, with the one loss being to....FAU.   FAU is winning an 8 game winning streak while the Mean Green have won 5 in a row.  I expect Lane to go all out and be so far ahead that he tweets in plays the second half while simultaneously trolling Saban.

3:00 pm CBS #6 Georgia vs #2 Auburn for the SEC and the hearts and minds of Arkansas fans.  I'm not going to predict an outcome but the TV numbers should be huge for in state viewing of a game not involving Arkansas (for the second straight week).  In an ironic twist of fate those wanting Gus will be cheering for him to lose, while the Not Gus crowd will be pulling for the Tigers.  Will be interesting to say the least and the outcome of the game could alter the course of Arkansas football forever, or not.

6:30 pm ESPN 2 Troy vs stAte for at least a share of the Sun Belt title.  While neither coach is under serious consideration for the Arkansas job, you just never know if their are multiple swings and misses in the days to follow.  As doubtful as that is, it's still a game to watch with a side eye, and with all the movement yet to take place, either or both of these HC's could be moving up, especially if say a certain coach leaves Memphis.

7:00 pm ABC #7 Miami vs #1 Clemson for the ACC title. This could be the year Venables makes a move and those in Arkansas not familiar with him have a reason to watch the game.  Neither team has been dominant this year, and Clemson's offense has come back down to earth a bit.  Looking at game results Clemson's D has carried them as much as anything (hint hint).  Clemson recovered nicely after that stinker against Syracuse while Miami is coming off an uninspiring loss to Pitt. 

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Sho Nuff

That's a good lineup, can't wait for the day when we are participating in Championship Werkend!

haystack

Quote from: Sho Nuff on November 30, 2017, 06:53:43 pm
...can't wait for the day when we are participating in Championship Werkend!
This is correct. You can't wait for something that will not happen.

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 30, 2017, 06:51:59 pm
This should make for some interesting viewing.  I'm sure people's opinions on certain candidates will rise or fall based on how their teams perform in these games.

All times are CST.

11:00 am ABC  #20 Memphis vs #14 UCF for the AAC championship.  UCF is undefeated and Memphis has 1 loss, unfortunately to UCF.  USF was able to take UCF to the wire so Memphis definitely has a shot but Scott Frost has this team rolling.  I expect a high scoring entertaining game.  Will not change my opinion on Norvell one bit if Memphis loses, but here's hoping the Tigers win.  A win might convince the Peepaws that he is the real deal.

11:00 am ESPN 2 North Texas Vs FAU for the Conf USA championship.  Both teams come in at 9-3.  FAU is undefeated in the conference while North Texas is 7-1, with the one loss being to....FAU.   FAU is winning an 8 game winning streak while the Mean Green have won 5 in a row.  I expect Lane to go all out and be so far ahead that he tweets in plays the second half while simultaneously trolling Saban.

3:00 pm CBS #6 Georgia vs #2 Auburn for the SEC and the hearts and minds of Arkansas fans.  I'm not going to predict an outcome but the TV numbers should be huge for in state viewing of a game not involving Arkansas (for the second straight week).  In an ironic twist of fate those wanting Gus will be cheering for him to lose, while the Not Gus crowd will be pulling for the Tigers.  Will be interesting to say the least and the outcome of the game could alter the course of Arkansas football forever, or not.

6:30 pm ESPN 2 Troy vs stAte for at least a share of the Sun Belt title.  While neither coach is under serious consideration for the Arkansas job, you just never know if their are multiple swings and misses in the days to follow.  As doubtful as that is, it's still a game to watch with a side eye, and with all the movement yet to take place, either or both of these HC's could be moving up, especially if say a certain coach leaves Memphis.

7:00 pm ABC #7 Miami vs #1 Clemson for the ACC title. This could be the year Venables makes a move and those in Arkansas not familiar with him have a reason to watch the game.  Neither team has been dominant this year, and Clemson's offense has come back down to earth a bit.  Looking at game results Clemson's D has carried them as much as anything (hint hint).  Clemson recovered nicely after that stinker against Syracuse while Miami is coming off an uninspiring loss to Pitt. 

That's an all day affair for a college football junky like me.  The only thing missing is a Hog Game.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

ChicoHog

Don't forget the Big Ten and Big 12 Championship games.  Should be a great day of football! 

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 30, 2017, 06:58:45 pm
Don't forget the Big Ten and Big 12 Championship games.  Should be a great day of football! 

Was just listing the games with HC implications.  Who has time for those others
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

cjack

Woooo Pig Soooie!

oldhawg

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 30, 2017, 07:20:59 pm

Troy vs Ark. State?

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

ChicoHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 30, 2017, 07:20:59 pm
I'd much rather watch 2 top ten teams play than Troy, FAU, and North Texas st but I understand your point of the HC possibilities. 

razCzar

Unrelated to our coaching search:

No doubt, an overload of interesting football.  Save for the CUSA game.. my schedule exactly, since Sunday, when the 6-day TV hold lifted on the AState game. 

Wolves have been fun to watch this season.  Winner of this one likely wins the conference.

We shouldn't forget about some Hog Ball at Houston that comes on at the same time as State and up against the ACCCG a half hour later.

I'll also be glancing at the B10CG to see if Wisconsin goes undefeated for the season.  (For some reason I've gotten into Badger football the past few years, even before CBB coming over.)