Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 24, 2024, 06:15:00 pm

Gus Bus

Started by jwreynolds01, October 23, 2017, 09:53:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jwreynolds01

I am still driving it.  You are welcome to hop on.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Ironhawg

Anybody notice how many new posters we have on here recently with less than 100 posts?  Is there a limit to how many you can put on ignore?

MrKnowItAll

jrulz83

Gus Bus after the Iron Bowl:

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

jwreynolds01

I have been reading all the bs on this site for 7 years.  I am pretty sure I have an understanding of the ins and outs of what goes on here.  With that being said, I am driving the Gus Bus.

island hog

We don't need any more drama on our sidelines...

razorbear

Are you kidding me the Gus Bus???  He is recruiting at a higher level at Auburn and is a loss away from being on the HOT seat himself!  Has the same controversy as Houston Nutt over who is calling the plays and is accused that his OC is just a figure head.  Don't let our ineptness against his team make him a savior for our program because he is not, as he will never recruit to Arkansas the same talent he gets at Auburn and he certainly isn't tearing it up there.
Brutha, you got to get real!

BassinHawg

His wife alone makes it a Big NO!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

gchamblee

Used his players in high school to get a college job and then crapped all over them
Dude is a scumbag
His wife is embarrassing in front of a microphone, and she does chase the microphone
His cult following in NWA is a cancer in the fan base
He isnt even that good of a coach.

Ill pass pretend new user who is too much of a coward to use his main account to post this garbage.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Would Gus succeed here?  Probably.  Should he take the job if offered? No.  The reason I say that is the minute there was a misstep, a loss that shouldn't have happened, anything, there would be a faction of fans set off by it.  All coaches have individual instances of these as opposed to our current HC where it's the norm. 

So if you are Gus why bother, you trade one set of headaches or unreasonable fans for another.  It's not worth it.  If Gus wanted to move on from Auburn he could land a number of P5 jobs and be better off personally than here or at AU.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

my3boneheads

DoctorSusscrofa

Another driver. It must be really crowded.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

parallaxpig

Just install some seat covers cuz it's gonna get slimy.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Hoggie17

IronHog

Quote from: gchamblee on October 23, 2017, 11:11:37 am
Used his players in high school to get a college job and then crapped all over them
Dude is a scumbag
His wife is embarrassing in front of a microphone, and she does chase the microphone

Ill pass pretend new user who is too much of a coward to use his main account to post this garbage.

Most D1 HCs are scum bags....Gus is dirty but clean.

Hogs could do far worse.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Bielema has beaten me down to the point where I would get behind that heathen booger pickin' false christian bible on his soiled sleeve cheating scumbag Gus as the Arkansas coach.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Scott7703

1. Gus
2. Chad Morris
3. Mike Norvell

That's the order I'd be making the calls in.

HawgPound

No thanks. I will walk.

1highhog

Quote from: jwreynolds01 on October 23, 2017, 09:53:57 am

Is his wife still insane? 

https://youtu.be/rHIQSFM0kAs

runninrazorback

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 23, 2017, 09:58:27 am
Anybody notice how many new posters we have on here recently with less than 100 posts?  Is there a limit to how many you can put on ignore?

LOL some of us were kicked off at one point or another and coming back as nicer gentler versions of ourselves. 

smb

I can't believe an Auburn fan would come on another fan site and tease fans. Just goes to show you how bad Auburn fans really are.
GeorgiaHOG

1highhog

Wardhog85

jcul28

Bet its a short bus.

gchamblee

menehune

Keep on driving as far away from Arkansas as you can possibly get!!! Send us all a post card! 😂

Next1_04

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 23, 2017, 09:58:27 am
Anybody notice how many new posters we have on here recently with less than 100 posts?

More like under 10.

Mike Irwin

The number one issue in 2006 was the number of Nutt and Gus "insiders" lobbying for their guy. It was ridiculous. Buzz buzz. It's the other guy's fault. My guy's the real deal. We gotta get rid of the other guy.

Hire Gus and you will bring politics and lobbying back into Hog football.

No freaking thanks.

Wildhog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on October 23, 2017, 03:31:17 pm
The number one issue in 2006 was the number of Nutt and Gus "insiders" lobbying for their guy. It was ridiculous. Buzz buzz. It's the other guy's fault. My guy's the real deal. We gotta get rid of the other guy.

No freaking thanks.

My thoughts, as well.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Scott7703 on October 23, 2017, 11:40:27 am
1. Gus
2. Chad Morris
3. Mike Norvell

That's the order I'd be making the calls in.

That's why I'm glad you don't make the calls. No Gus. Not now. Not ever. Never.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Grizzlyfan

No freaking thanks.
And there's no politics or lobbying going on right now?

cosmodrum

We're good, Kristi. Thanks.
Go away, batin'

Red40

The number one issue in 2006 was the number of Nutt and Gus "insiders" lobbying for their guy. It was ridiculous. Buzz buzz. It's the other guy's fault. My guy's the real deal. We gotta get rid of the other guy. Blah Blah Blah turns out Gus is awesome and Nutty isnt.

Hire Gus and you will bring WINNING BIGLY back into Hog football.

Yes, please now thank you!.

FIFY

hotdog hog

Gus would be my choice, but I'm ok if we hire someone else that has as good or better resume. Not real interested in these Butch Jones types that had a couple of years of minor leagues success. Show me a winner!
Stoops, Miles, Tuberville, Briles, Kelly, Kiffin, which ones willing to come. None of them.
You guys forgot how many people said no thanks the last two go rounds. Most folks aren't up for this kind of challenge.

Inhogswetrust

I'd rather walk.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GWFan

If I got a vote it would be for Gus.

Inhogswetrust

No freaking thanks.

I'm glad you finally spoke up! That is the exact baggage I mentioned in another post.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on October 23, 2017, 04:06:43 pm
And there's no politics or lobbying going on right now?

Not between fans of coaches on the staff or between coaches themselves. The only lobbying now is to when or if to fire Bret.

factchecker

Our fanbase couldn't handle #karma.

Do you think they could deal with this?

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: 1highhog on October 23, 2017, 11:50:44 am
This looks like Kristi after she got through with Cam.

Or maybe after Cammy Poo got through with her......................

rhog1

The sad part is if he wasn't from here no one on here would be calling for him to get the job. Absolutely average as a head coach. When you read lots of Auburn fans wanting him to take our job that should tell you something.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jwreynolds01 on October 23, 2017, 10:05:39 am
I have been reading all the bs on this site for 7 years.  I am pretty sure I have an understanding of the ins and outs of what goes on here.  With that being said, I am driving the Gus Bus.

Maybe so as to what goes on here. Not so much it seems for what went on in the athletic department and the respective minions when both he and nutty were here as coaches.

factchecker

Quote from: rhog1 on October 23, 2017, 04:45:22 pm
The sad part is if he wasn't from here no one on here would be calling for him to get the job. Absolutely average as a head coach. When you read lots of Auburn fans wanting him to take our job that should tell you something.

2 things will endure people to some of our fans:

1. Be from Arkansas.... or at least from the South.

2. Talk highly of wms and/or little rock.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Piggfoot

Would people tell me why you don't like Gus? What has he done to you to make you dislike him. He's been a winner. Is it because of local NWA rivalrys?
Is it because you dislike his wife? Some say he deserted his Springdale players.
When did  Williams leave? He didn't do anything to Mustain. Mustain created his own mess.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Swestwill66

Watch out for that big peterbilt in your lane,it has bama license plate!!!!

factchecker

Quote from: Swestwill66 on October 23, 2017, 04:50:38 pm
Watch out for that big peterbilt in your lane,it has bama license plate!!!!

That's pretty damn good.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Piggfoot

Quote from: rhog1 on October 23, 2017, 04:45:22 pm
What is average about winning OC coordinator of the year in the SEC. What is average about winning everywhere you have coached? What is average about kicking our butts?
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: factchecker on October 23, 2017, 04:48:14 pm
2 things will endure people to some of our fans:

1. Be from Arkansas.... or at least from the South.

2. Talk highly of wms and/or little rock.

I guess that leaves out Nick.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: gchamblee on October 23, 2017, 11:11:37 am
Dude is a scumbag

Accurate on every point.