• 385,401 Topics
• 21,588 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Practice Reports  (Read 11092 times)

razorback1829

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Practice Reports
« Reply #150 on: October 07, 2017, 11:16:55 pm »

How do you see practices?  Also, I agree with 100% of what you're saying.  I'm working with, what I presume to be, the same information as eriehog. I've seen all the highlights, watched every game, and watched every press conference. 

My hunch is based off of, why, he and not barford, Hannah's, or Macon scored all the points in Europe.  His numbers were insane, efficient too.  Then pairing that with his insane athleticism and nice shot that I've seen.  Paired with glimpses while he's played.  And when he plays, you can tell his teammates have major respect for him and are very willing to get the ball to him.  And then just when he never played last year, dusty Hannah's gives him an endorsement, and it reminds me of what a scorer he is.

I guess he didn't know defense, even though I saw him make some plays, but if he does get minutes, he just might be able to get 20 ppg while macon and barford are still getting there's.

Well you're wrong with Macon and Hannahs scoring all the points in Europe. CJ put up alarmlngly quick points and that's due to being a PURE shooter. I blessed that I know the ppl on the staff good enough to get a good seat to practice. CMA has a visooo. For these guys and we will way dangerous than anybody will predict.  All the pieces the are there. That's all I'm gonna say. I'm excited for the season. 30+ and a reason to go meet them at the airport again! Go Hogs!

razorback1829

• Varsity
« Reply #151 on: October 07, 2017, 11:20:07 pm »

Nm

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

razorback1829

• Varsity
« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2017, 11:25:17 pm »

How do you see practices?  Also, I agree with 100% of what you're saying.  I'm working with, what I presume to be, the same information as eriehog. I've seen all the highlights, watched every game, and watched every press conference. 

My hunch is based off of, why, he and not barford, Hannah's, or Macon scored all the points in Europe.  His numbers were insane, efficient too.  Then pairing that with his insane athleticism and nice shot that I've seen.  Paired with glimpses while he's played.  And when he plays, you can tell his teammates have major respect for him and are very willing to get the ball to him.  And then just when he never played last year, dusty Hannah's gives him an endorsement, and it reminds me of what a scorer he is.

I guess he didn't know defense, even though I saw him make some plays, but if he does get minutes, he just might be able to get 20 ppg while macon and barford are still getting there's.

He also grew 3 inches his senior year and had programs like Tennessee trying to come in late on him, but he was solid to us. If he would have been 6'5" during his junior year when evaluations happen, he would have been much higher rated.

You can be safe with your predictions. I've just seen way too much basketball and grams come together though. Much more than you, no disrespect. I'm telling you right now, don't undersell yourself. This team has everything we need to be a factor. And... next year with the young guns will be a repeat. We have the goods this year.. don't overthink it. Basketball is a simple sport haha

rzrbackramsfan

• All-American Hogvillian
  • "Winners never quit, quitters never win"
« Reply #153 on: October 07, 2017, 11:39:31 pm »

Well you're wrong with Macon and Hannahs scoring all the points in Europe. CJ put up alarmlngly quick points and that's due to being a PURE shooter. I blessed that I know the ppl on the staff good enough to get a good seat to practice. CMA has a visooo. For these guys and we will way dangerous than anybody will predict.  All the pieces the are there. That's all I'm gonna say. I'm excited for the season. 30+ and a reason to go meet them at the airport again! Go Hogs!

No man, i think you read what I Wrote wrong.  I was saying that CJ came out of Europe looking like the preeminent scorer. 

Also as far as this game winning more games than anyone predicts, like 30+, check out my signature.

rzrbackramsfan

« Reply #154 on: October 07, 2017, 11:45:02 pm »

You can be safe with your predictions. I've just seen way too much basketball and grams come together though. Much more than you, no disrespect. I'm telling you right now, don't undersell yourself. This team has everything we need to be a factor. And... next year with the young guns will be a repeat. We have the goods this year.. don't overthink it. Basketball is a simple sport haha

You hear that hogville?  razorback1829 has confirmed my prediction that it wouldn't be the craziest thing in the world for CJ to avg. 20 ppg and for this team to get 30+ wins.

I do have the unique perspective however of being a mizzou fan until I went to the U of A a few years before mike came. 

razorback1829

• Varsity
« Reply #155 on: October 08, 2017, 01:22:05 am »

You hear that hogville?  razorback1829 has confirmed my prediction that it wouldn't be the craziest thing in the world for CJ to avg. 20 ppg and for this team to get 30+ wins.

I do have the unique perspective however of being a mizzou fan until I went to the U of A a few years before mike came.

Lol not saying 20, but man 12-15 isn't unreasonable.

tncbg

• Varsity
« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2017, 08:47:46 am »

ďHe also grew 3 inches his senior year and had programs like Tennessee trying to come in late on him, but he was solid to us. If he would have been 6'5" during his junior year when evaluations happen, he would have been much higher rated.Ē

Then he sat on the bench for an entire season.  Super athletic, pure shooting scoring machine sat because he was weak on defense. Didnít come in for some quick scoring and never improved enough defensively to break through. Had a whole season to become just a decent defender, but could not get it. Not likely to start this year either, but 20ppg is a possibility? Makes no sense at all, but I sure would like to be wrong.

Pinto

• Varsity
« Reply #157 on: October 08, 2017, 10:50:07 am »

Since weíre making outlandish predictions then Iíll make mine: Gafford will average 15pts,10rebs and 4 blks and will register a triple double this season

Kevin McPherson

• Senior
« Reply #158 on: October 08, 2017, 10:54:04 am »

Since weíre making outlandish predictions then Iíll make mine: Gafford will average 15pts,10rebs and 4 blks and will register a triple double this season

The part I bolded is not outlandish at all.

rzrbackramsfan

« Reply #159 on: October 08, 2017, 12:15:37 pm »

ďHe also grew 3 inches his senior year and had programs like Tennessee trying to come in late on him, but he was solid to us. If he would have been 6'5" during his junior year when evaluations happen, he would have been much higher rated.Ē

Then he sat on the bench for an entire season.  Super athletic, pure shooting scoring machine sat because he was weak on defense. Didnít come in for some quick scoring and never improved enough defensively to break through. Had a whole season to become just a decent defender, but could not get it. Not likely to start this year either, but 20ppg is a possibility? Makes no sense at all, but I sure would like to be wrong.

I've seen some highlights where, when CJ dunks, his head at the rim, ok... That's freaky.  I also know he's really fast and will be getting some major transition points, like BJ Young.  I also know he has a really nice shot and can get it off against anybody.  Those are some incredible tools to have for a Bball player. 

tncbg

• Varsity
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2017, 10:18:48 pm »

I've seen some highlights where, when CJ dunks, his head at the rim, ok... That's freaky.  I also know he's really fast and will be getting some major transition points, like BJ Young.  I also know he has a really nice shot and can get it off against anybody.  Those are some incredible tools to have for a Bball player.

Sooo, despite those incredible tools, he was glued to the bench last year.  Great players play, he sat. Heís got to prove it.

Dominicanhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #161 on: October 11, 2017, 10:50:20 am »

Maybe this is his year  ...  happens every year, someone comes back and looks totally different....WPS

The_Iceman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • The Plaque for Alternates is in the Ladies room.
« Reply #162 on: October 11, 2017, 01:44:20 pm »

draftkings33

• Varsity
« Reply #163 on: October 11, 2017, 02:19:58 pm »

I think CJ might give us 20 PPG.  Wouldn't doubt we get 55 PPG from Barford, Macon, Jones.
OMG dumbest thing I've seen posted.  I will bet you any amount of money CJ won't average 15

draftkings33

• Varsity
« Reply #164 on: October 11, 2017, 02:21:03 pm »

The part I bolded is not outlandish at all.
4 blocks per game?  Has anyone ever done that in the SEC?  Will be really hard because you know he will average around 24 mpg

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Life as a Politics Mod....
« Reply #165 on: October 11, 2017, 02:41:29 pm »

4 blocks per game?  Has anyone ever done that in the SEC?  Will be really hard because you know he will average around 24 mpg

Jarvis Varnado did it 3 times at MSU,  Shaq averaged 5 blocks or more twice, Roy Rodgers @ Alabama was well over 4 per game for one season, and Anthony Davis is the most recent.

draftkings33

• Varsity
« Reply #166 on: October 11, 2017, 02:45:48 pm »

Thanks Eddie

King Kong

« Reply #167 on: October 11, 2017, 02:46:22 pm »

https://twitter.com/RazorbackMBB/status/918160328789082112

Dustin Thomas's jumper looks much improved in the limited practice footage I have seen

draftkings33

• Varsity
« Reply #168 on: October 11, 2017, 02:47:41 pm »

Please no more 19 foot shots

UNCLE BACK

• Senior
  • You're not a gnat are you bug?
« Reply #169 on: October 11, 2017, 02:53:47 pm »

I talked to Mike during the TCU Game a few weeks back and he told me to expect big things from CJ this year!

Hawg Red

« Reply #170 on: October 11, 2017, 02:58:56 pm »

I talked to Mike during the TCU Game a few weeks back and he told me to expect big things from CJ this year!

What else did he tell you?

NotSoFastMyFriend

• Varsity
« Reply #171 on: October 11, 2017, 03:08:22 pm »

So, any practice reports yet or?

mhuff

« Reply #172 on: October 11, 2017, 03:30:54 pm »

OMG dumbest thing I've seen posted.  I will bet you any amount of money CJ won't average 15

I could see 13 if he gets pt

Pinto

• Varsity
« Reply #173 on: October 11, 2017, 05:07:04 pm »

Jarvis Varnado did it 3 times at MSU,  Shaq averaged 5 blocks or more twice, Roy Rodgers @ Alabama was well over 4 per game for one season, and Anthony Davis is the most recent.

Didnít Delvon Johnson average like 3.5?

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #174 on: October 11, 2017, 05:08:35 pm »

Dustin Thomas's jumper looks much improved in the limited practice footage I have seen

I saw that too, and thought damn hope he can hit that in game.  And if the Kriss Kross haircut helps, keep it.

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #175 on: October 11, 2017, 05:36:28 pm »

Didnít Delvon Johnson average like 3.5?

No, his best was 91 blocks in 31 games;  that is 2.935 a game, just shy of 3.

Our all time record is Oliver Miller's 112 blocks in 38 games, for a 2.9497 per game average.

Pinto

• Varsity
« Reply #176 on: October 11, 2017, 06:12:31 pm »

No, his best was 91 blocks in 31 games;  that is 2.935 a game, just shy of 3.

Our all time record is Oliver Miller's 112 blocks in 38 games, for a 2.9497 per game average.

Ok. Still impressive for Delvon. If Dan plays 25+ Mins this season, then Iím willing to bet he will be right at 3 bpg

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #177 on: October 11, 2017, 06:34:06 pm »

Ok. Still impressive for Delvon. If Dan plays 25+ Mins this season, then Iím willing to bet he will be right at 3 bpg

2 a night would be more than expected.

Pinto

• Varsity
« Reply #178 on: October 11, 2017, 06:39:58 pm »

2 a night would be more than expected.

Hunter Mickelson did that with way less minutes lol. But I understand, expect the worst, hope for the best...typical Hog fan logic that we have all adapted to over these miserable years lol

Kevin McPherson

• Senior
« Reply #179 on: October 11, 2017, 07:07:42 pm »

I didn't bold the averages, I bolded the "outlandish" prediction that Gafford would register a triple-double, which I don't think is that outlandish. As far the "outlandish" prediction of him avgeraging 15 pts, 10 rebs, 4 blks per game, yeah that seems highly unlikely.

Pinto

• Varsity
« Reply #180 on: October 11, 2017, 07:15:56 pm »

I didn't bold the averages, I bolded the "outlandish" prediction that Gafford would register a triple-double, which I don't think is that outlandish. As far the "outlandish" prediction of him avgeraging 15 pts, 10 rebs, 4 blks per game, yeah that seems highly unlikely.

About as ďoutlandishĒ as CJ averaging 15-20 ppg

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #181 on: October 11, 2017, 08:43:38 pm »

Hunter Mickelson did that with way less minutes lol. But I understand, expect the worst, hope for the best...typical Hog fan logic that we have all adapted to over these miserable years lol

Hunter put up 2.25, and played over 17 minutes a game.   It'll be nice if he plays more than that a game, but there is absolutely no reason to expect elite college rim protection from him out of the gate.

You're crediting him with a Top 10 or so all time defensive season for an Arkansas center, without a single minute of college ball.  Slow your roll.

Pinto

• Varsity
« Reply #182 on: October 11, 2017, 08:56:30 pm »

Hunter put up 2.25, and played over 17 minutes a game.   It'll be nice if he plays more than that a game, but there is absolutely no reason to expect elite college rim protection from him out of the gate.

You're crediting him with a Top 10 or so all time defensive season for an Arkansas center, without a single minute of college ball.  Slow your roll.

Youíre talking like weíve had some elite centers in the last 20 years lol

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #183 on: October 11, 2017, 09:00:35 pm »

Youíre talking like weíve had some elite centers in the last 20 years lol

I'm not talking just the last 20 years.  I'm talking *ever*.

Pinto

• Varsity
« Reply #184 on: October 11, 2017, 09:03:19 pm »

I'm not talking just the last 20 years.  I'm talking *ever*.

We donít have many ever either

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #185 on: October 11, 2017, 09:06:02 pm »

We donít have many ever either

Oliver Miller, Joe Klein, Andrew Lang,  Darnell Robinson, Scott Hastings-- and these are just in the last 40 years.

Pinto

• Varsity
« Reply #186 on: October 11, 2017, 09:07:19 pm »

Oliver Miller, Joe Klein, Andrew Lang,  Darnell Robinson, Scott Hastings-- and these are just in the last 40 years.

Thatís not many

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #187 on: October 11, 2017, 09:10:36 pm »

Thatís not many

That's 5 NBA players in the last 40 years at Center.   That's a very solid group.    No wonder you think he'll average 4 3 2 a game....

draftkings33

• Varsity
« Reply #188 on: October 12, 2017, 01:17:29 pm »

I honestly can't see CJ averaging even 10 ppg.  Main guards that are gonna be out there a majority of the time are Beard, Macon, Barford, and Garland if he gets healthy. 

Pinto

• Varsity
« Reply #189 on: October 12, 2017, 01:53:13 pm »

I honestly can't see CJ averaging even 10 ppg.  Main guards that are gonna be out there a majority of the time are Beard, Macon, Barford, and Garland if he gets healthy.

CJ and/or Khalil will get minutes at the 3/wing spot

Hogimus Prime

• Roll Out
« Reply #190 on: October 12, 2017, 01:56:05 pm »

MA will have a lot of different combinations for 1-3 spots.

UNCLE BACK

• Senior
  • You're not a gnat are you bug?
« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2017, 02:24:38 pm »

What else did he tell you?
He actually didn't say much but he said folks better get their tickets because we were going to be fun to watch. I asked about guys improving and CJ was the guy he mentioned. Coach A doesn't say much but he really seems to be excited about this team...

draftkings33

• Varsity
« Reply #192 on: October 12, 2017, 02:29:49 pm »

I think there will be games where Macon, Barford, and Beard are on the court at the same time

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #193 on: October 12, 2017, 03:23:35 pm »

I think there will be games where Macon, Barford, and Beard are on the court at the same time

I expect this group to be the core of our crunch time lineup.

Letsroll1200

« Reply #194 on: October 12, 2017, 03:27:30 pm »

CJ and/or Khalil will get minutes at the 3/wing spot

Khalil is not practicing? I think he probably has the same role that CJ had last season.

The_Iceman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • The Plaque for Alternates is in the Ladies room.
« Reply #195 on: October 12, 2017, 04:27:59 pm »

Khalil is not practicing? I think he probably has the same role that CJ had last season.

Garland is a superior player than CJ was last year. Garland has excellent ball handling skills and the ability to finish in the open floor with the ball in his hands.

CJ was a catch and finish/only player last year.

rzrbackramsfan

« Reply #196 on: October 12, 2017, 06:25:23 pm »

Garland is a superior player than CJ was last year. Garland has excellent ball handling skills and the ability to finish in the open floor with the ball in his hands.

You just go off of highlight reels and watching Arkansas games, right? 

mhuff

« Reply #197 on: October 12, 2017, 06:38:03 pm »

You just go off of highlight reels and watching Arkansas games, right? 

I think Garland is the better player by going with what the experts said. It is going to be a moot point unless his health improves. Wasn't the last report optimistic that he would be cleared. I pray that he is happy, healthy, and productive to his highest potential.

HawgnCorona

« Reply #198 on: October 12, 2017, 06:43:26 pm »

Dean Tolson would fit nicely if go back a few more years?

Letsroll1200

« Reply #199 on: October 12, 2017, 06:43:46 pm »

I know the kid. Saw him play many games during high school. He's a winner! However, I think not being able to practice is going to hurt him this season. Hopefully he can get healthy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas