Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Get to know Paul Rhoads

Started by Dwight_K_Shrute, January 18, 2017, 07:54:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight_K_Shrute

Since Paul Rhoads is now the defensive coordinator I thought it only fair and fitting to give him the same attention that was given professional eye candy/defensive coordinator Bob Diaco.

A pictorial history of Paul Rhoads show that he is a mans man, a character, and by God he loves to point.

Here he shows he will go to whatever lengths necessary to motivate his team.

"By gawd if you don't make that tackle I'm punching myself in the gnads and I mean it"

Here he shows he can do layers  with the pullover over the polo over the mock turtle

You guys catch American Choppers last night?

Did I mention he likes to point.

And while he doesn't have quite as many looks as Diaco, I attribute the weaker portfolio to the fact that he cares more about D than the way he looks which is just what we need.  WPS! Am I right Paul?

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

porkribz

Watched him a full day coaching lotsa prospects at a prospect camp. Was most impressive coach I saw there out of all coaches (in my non expert opinion) . All this season I've gotten gotten daily reports bout team practices. At least once a week I get positive reports about CPR. I'm betting he'll do well.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: porkribz on January 18, 2017, 11:28:27 pm
Watched him a full day coaching lotsa prospects at a prospect camp. Was most impressive coach I saw there out of all coaches (in my non expert opinion) . All this season I've gotten gotten daily reports bout team practices. At least once a week I get positive reports about CPR. I'm betting he'll do well.

All kidding aside I think so too.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

factchecker

January 18, 2017, 11:44:15 pm #3 Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 01:52:25 am by factchecker
You forgot a couple of gifs:

It's easy to understand why he is so animated. You would be too if you had to deal with shady refs and Texasss bs in the Big 12:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

NuttinItUp

Quote from: factchecker on January 18, 2017, 11:44:15 pm

The original freakout gif in case anyone was wondering:

Some other people had some fun with it, like these:

NuttinItUp

Couple others:

At the very least, the guy shows a lot of passion. That is a good thing and maybe something we need a little more of.

pigture perfect

I like him even better now. That's great stuff.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

Pork Twain

If nothing else, he is going to be an upgrade and lots of fun to watch
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HogShat

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: factchecker on January 18, 2017, 11:44:15 pm
You forgot a couple of gifs:

It's easy to understand why he is so animated. You would be too if you had to deal with shady refs and Texasss bs in the Big 12:

omg... i cried at the guitar thing.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

JIHawg

Thanks for that info.  Great thread OP.

daBoar

Only on HV can someone make a Pork Loin from a Sow's ear.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 19, 2017, 01:01:56 am
I like him even better now. That's great stuff.
He picked up an extra star with me as soon as I saw that stache!!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

FANONTHEHILL

I know it's out of the Hogville norm to be positive, but I wish everyone had a chance to talk to Coach Rhoads.  When he was hired I knew about the great job as DC at Auburn and Pitt and the biggest wins in decades as an underdog at Iowa State, but then I saw him coach.  Passionate, detail oriented, and driven.  He is a players coach.  That doesn't mean he's soft on them at all.  He rides them and won't hesitate to get on them, but he nutures them and they will give them all they have. He's old school and I like that.  If you had the chance to meet him and talk with him I have no doubt that you would share my opinion.

When it became apparent that a change was coming, this is what I'd hoped for.
I don't know if there was a camera in the meeting room Monday night, but I wish I could see the film.  Players on both sides of the ball are excited.  They have a great defensive coach to learn from and to play for.  A big part of defense is heart and emotion. Arkansas  took a huge step forward with this hire. The defense got better Monday night. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Kevin

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 19, 2017, 12:34:57 pm
I know it's out of the Hogville norm to be positive, but I wish everyone had a chance to talk to Coach Rhoads.  When he was hired I knew about the great job as DC at Auburn and Pitt and the biggest wins in decades as an underdog at Iowa State, but then I saw him coach.  Passionate, detail oriented, and driven.  He is a players coach.  That doesn't mean he's soft on them at all.  He rides them and won't hesitate to get on them, but he nutures them and they will give them all they have. He's old school and I like that.  If you had the chance to meet him and talk with him I have no doubt that you would share my opinion.

I don't know if there was a camera in the meeting room Monday night, but I wish I could see the film.  Players on both sides of the ball are excited.  They have a great defensive coach to learn from and to play for.  A big part of defense is heart and emotion. Arkansas  took a huge step forward with this hire. The defense got better Monday night. 

thanks
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

greenEGnHAWGS

Ha ha...those gifs are awesome. Looking forward to him having some clout on the sidelines.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

NuttinItUp

Good stuff. I get the impression he is one of those coaches that is great as a DC, but didn't do well as a HC for whatever reason.

azhog10

What did they really think of Rob Smith?

scorekeeper

I hope his passion isn't toned down to be something more common.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

jabberjawls

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 19, 2017, 12:50:53 pm
Good stuff. I get the impression he is one of those coaches that is great as a DC, but didn't do well as a HC for whatever reason.

Some places are just coaching graveyards.  Ames Iowa may be one of those places.

nchogg

Great thread and fun to read. And now I know the rest of the story.

porkribz

Quote from: azhog10 on January 19, 2017, 01:20:25 pm
What did they really think of Rob Smith?
At camp CRS didn't catch my attention as much as CPR, so not much for me to report. My practice reports back this season included at least several descriptions of CRS having a very colorful vocabulary and was often more of a stick than carrot type guy.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 19, 2017, 12:50:53 pm

By Iowas State standards he is a top 3 coach all time

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: scorekeeper on January 19, 2017, 01:41:16 pm
I hope his passion isn't toned down to be something more common.
No, at Arkansas he can only be "Uncommon"

jgphillips3

I thought he was good on resume.  Hearing you speak of him in practice (pretty much what you stated here) sold me the rest of the way.  I'm happy to have CPR in charge.  His unit was the only defensive unit in which I saw improvement and if he can just motivate those kids, as you say he can, we will automatically be a hell of a lot better team than we were defensively last year.  We were obviously far more talented than results showed and I attribute that 100% to leadership.  Looking forward to CPR's defense.

JOKERHOG

Will definitely be more entertaining on the sideline than Robb Smith.  I do like his passion.
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

King Kong

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 19, 2017, 05:48:35 pm
By Iowas State standards he is a top 3 coach all time

One coach maybe argue #2 all-time. I'm not sure Hogville understands how bad a job Iowa State is

DeltaBoy

Wasn't he coach at Iowa State when they clipped the short horns in Ames???
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

factchecker

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 20, 2017, 08:08:38 am
Wasn't he coach at Iowa State when they clipped the short horns in Ames???

Paul Rhoads was the first coach in Iowa State history to beat Texas and is the only coach to have wins over the horns.

2010 @ Texas 28-21

2015 @ Iowa State  24-0

Iowa State was screwed out of a win in 2014:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Squealers

ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: daBoar on January 19, 2017, 11:02:55 am
Only on HV can someone make a Pork Loin from a Sow's ear.
Bad case of Rhoads Rage?

daBoar

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on January 20, 2017, 09:00:38 pm
Bad case of Rhoads Rage?
[/quote
Quote from: Pig Worshipper on January 20, 2017, 09:00:38 pm
Bad case of Rhoads Rage?
I guess so; seems like folks forget he was a defensive coach at Arkansas during our stellar 2016 season.  But, I get it; he had no input.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/jasonkersey/status/825458315681464320

QuoteWannstedt pulled Paul Rhoads to the side and demanded an explanation.

"You know what? The more I think about this, it's not gonna be about X's and O's," Rhoads told his boss. "We could have the greatest scheme in the world, but it won't matter if we don't find a way to tackle these guys and get them to the ground."

Pitt went to Morgantown, W.Va., a few days later and did just that, holding West Virginia to only 9 points and 225 yards of offense in a stunning upset that shook the college football world and remains one of the greatest victories in program history.

Helped put LSU in the BCS title game despite their season ending loss to Arkansas.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

DeltaBoy

He will do us a great job.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hog N Bama

Excited to see what he can do to energize the defense  :razorback:

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

bennyl08

His layering game has really decreased while in Arkansas.

However, his pointing game has reached a whole new level.

Note the quatto pointing from under the shirt as well.

He doesn't like other people pointing though.

He's been so busy, he will use interviews as a time to take some naps

When somebody took his cookie, he showed real leadership in inspecting each person to find it.

He will yell at you to look at his hand

Lastly, he couldn't get out of Iowa fast enough.

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse