Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#1 OSU baseball has a registered sex offender as ace, accused of molesting 6 yo

Started by jbcarol, June 09, 2017, 10:39:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

HiggiePiggy

So this happen when he was 15 and it's 5 years later?  Interesting that it comes out now. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

yraciv

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on June 09, 2017, 11:17:56 pm
So this happen when he was 15 and it's 5 years later?  Interesting that it comes out now. 

5 days before draft! I actually feel bad for the guy. Don't get me wrong he did something awful at the age of 15 and has suffered the consequences, but he has moved on, took to rehabilitation, and from what I can tell has stayed good since. Unfortunately it will cost him some of his hard work in baseball. Maybe  he can overcome it, but who knows.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

HighcountryHog

I want to hear an explanation why the coach, or other teammates, had nothing to say about this until now.  And, claiming they didn't know is complete b.s.  The police have to notify people that are in close proximity to sex offenders.  I'm sure this guy lives with his teammates in a dorm or house.  The police would have come to their door and told them about this guy.  The college had to know, and either didn't care to make sure the coach was informed, or just wanted to turn a blind eye.  I guarantee you there are OSU baseball players who knew about this and continued to play alongside this guy.  Absolutely sickening. 
no bumps, no fat chicks

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: HighcountryHog on June 15, 2017, 12:46:32 pm
I want to hear an explanation why the coach, or other teammates, had nothing to say about this until now.  And, claiming they didn't know is complete b.s.  The police have to notify people that are in close proximity to sex offenders.  I'm sure this guy lives with his teammates in a dorm or house.  The police would have come to their door and told them about this guy.  The college had to know, and either didn't care to make sure the coach was informed, or just wanted to turn a blind eye.  I guarantee you there are OSU baseball players who knew about this and continued to play alongside this guy.  Absolutely sickening. 

He might not have had to register.

HighcountryHog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on June 15, 2017, 04:51:25 pm

Which makes it even more scary.  Hypothetical question, can he pursue a degree in elementary education to become a school teacher?  If the state and school don't care about him registering, that should definitely scare some parents. 
no bumps, no fat chicks

yraciv

Quote from: HighcountryHog on June 15, 2017, 08:04:45 pm
Which makes it even more scary.  Hypothetical question, can he pursue a degree in elementary education to become a school teacher?  If the state and school don't care about him registering, that should definitely scare some parents. 

He is majoring in Speech Communication, and was Pac 12 All-Academic Honorable Mention, so that is a moot point.  I believe the AD actually said & most schools do run additional background checks on Education majors.

Did someone know? I'm sure the HC, some of his friends on team, and some administration did. But he was considered rehabilitated, so they let him in. This was simply a citation for letting his registration slip at his non-primary resident.  My understanding is he did notify Oregon when he moved, but as do most college students you move more than once, and he was supposed to update them and it didn't happen.

HiggiePiggy

Sometimes people do change. He may have changed his life after what had happen. What he did was bad and for him he is lucky he did it when he was a kid himself. The ones registered are usually not the ones you need to worry about as much. It's the ones that haven't been caught that can do more damage.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on June 15, 2017, 04:51:25 pm
Article says he was required to register in Oregon.  It's not clear whether he had to register in Washington initially.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: yraciv on June 10, 2017, 12:03:58 am
5 days before draft! I actually feel bad for the guy. Don't get me wrong he did something awful at the age of 15 and has suffered the consequences, but he has moved on, took to rehabilitation, and from what I can tell has stayed good since. Unfortunately it will cost him some of his hard work in baseball. Maybe  he can overcome it, but who knows.
what consequences did he suffer??? He should be in prison for a decade.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on June 16, 2017, 07:34:50 pm
Sometimes people do change. He may have changed his life after what had happen. What he did was bad and for him he is lucky he did it when he was a kid himself. The ones registered are usually not the ones you need to worry about as much. It's the ones that haven't been caught that can do more damage.
lol
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang