Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

An Unpopular Post ATM

Started by greenEGnHAWGS, February 03, 2018, 04:42:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greenEGnHAWGS

So, I wanted to just point out that I understand that we are a knee-jerk fandom. We lost so it's time to vent, bash, and moan. I did want to just say that I thought the above actually played well today. It's tough beating a team that hits the 16 3-pointers. Our offense moved the ball much better today than in the past and our guards made some great drives instead of just settling for the 3.

I know...I know. Mike Anderson sucks. But this game showed a lot of possitives for the home stretch in my opinion. I'm also glad Trey got balls fed to him while Gafford has been struggling. So, come on with the insults if need be, but I think the way they played today wins most games left on our schedule.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Beaverfever

I thought this was actually one of the three worst games we've played this season so I definitely can't agree with your assessment. 

HamIAm

Yeah, who would have thought a team would actually hit three pointers if you leave them wide open

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Beaverfever on February 03, 2018, 04:45:17 pm
I thought this was actually one of the three worst games we've played this season so I definitely can't agree with your assessment.

Without arguing, I'd love to ask why? Offense was different than how it usually was where we just dribbled, screened, dribbled, screened, take 3.

A lot of the 3s were contested and a few were from well beyond the arc. But when someone shoots that high of a percentage, anyone is tough to beat.

Again, I don't want to argue. Im just asking.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Gonzo

Sure, there is a lot of overreacting after every game, both wins and losses. And yes, LSU shot lights out from the 3 pt line, if they don't who knows what happens?

But isn't it also the responsibility of the Hog def to not give them wide open 3pt shots all dang day? The LSU point guard broke down the Hogs easily and consistently all game. No alterations in the gameplan for any of that, at least not to my eye. When plan A isn't working, there needs to be a plan B, or C, or whatever it takes. This team doesn't show that imo. Not much solace to take from yet another road loss today.

Go Hogs!

jst01

Look, the defense is bad. LSU scores a season high. Hogs will win 2 more games this year.

Kevin

The bama guard will crush us also
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Gonzo on February 03, 2018, 04:51:03 pm
Sure, there is a lot of overreacting after every game, both wins and losses. And yes, LSU shot lights out from the 3 pt line, if they don't who knows what happens?

But isn't it also the responsibility of the Hog def to not give them wide open 3pt shots all dang day? The LSU point guard broke down the Hogs easily and consistently all game. No alterations in the gameplan for any of that, at least not to my eye. When plan A isn't working, there needs to be a plan B, or C, or whatever it takes. This team doesn't show that imo. Not much solace to take from yet another road loss today.

Go Hogs!

This is true. I will add to this though that Waters is a baller. The kid is really good and has done this most games, the other guys on the LSU squad haven't shot like that until today.

Oliver

Quote from: HamIAm on February 03, 2018, 04:48:24 pm
Yeah, who would have thought a team would actually hit three pointers if you leave them wide open

Guys.  We can't control how many 3s they hit.  If only college basketball would allow you to deter their shots somehow

3kgthog

Putting a hand up from 5 feet away doesn't qualify as contesting a shot.

Beaverfever

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 03, 2018, 04:49:25 pm
Without arguing, I'd love to ask why? Offense was different than how it usually was where we just dribbled, screened, dribbled, screened, take 3.

A lot of the 3s were contested and a few were from well beyond the arc. But when someone shoots that high of a percentage, anyone is tough to beat.

Again, I don't want to argue. Im just asking.
I thought the defense was the worst I've seen this year.  Gafford was awful.  We couldn't get a decent look from beyond the arc.  Ball movement was bad.  As always there were no ball reversals to create good looks.  Players moved around some but mostly in vain.  We didn't have that many turnovers but the ones we had were mostly self-inflicted.  Lsu basically had a rotation of six healthy players and they did whatever they wanted.  It was bad. 

Gonzo

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 03, 2018, 04:54:25 pm
This is true. I will add to this though that Waters is a baller. The kid is really good and has done this most games, the other guys on the LSU squad haven’t shot like that until today.

And? The issue still remains there is no plan B. That's pretty much been the case since MA arrived.  Good teams and good coaches have alternatives when plan A isn't working.

Go Hogs!

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 03, 2018, 04:54:25 pm
This is true. I will add to this though that Waters is a baller. The kid is really good and has done this most games, the other guys on the LSU squad haven't shot like that until today.

I doubt they have been that open before. Every team we play shoots lights out and at some point the coach has to make a change. Mike seems to be lost he has done nothing.

We continue to try and pressure when we don't have the athletes. When you are playing Beard and Thompson not to mention Thomas you can't pressure. When you play Cook you have another non athlete. We don't have the athletes to pressure. Why he continues to play Beard and Cook is confusing. Play Jones and let him play through some mistakes he dang sure lets Beard play through his mistakes.

Etowah

We don't really pressure, we are not even the Fastest 40 anymore.

We show it in spurts, but doesn't seem like the team is committed to playing that way.

You can't be halfway committed to pressing, trapping, and running...it is all or nothing.

We are somewhere in between.

Sivad

b-ball coach

We made a run and had the lead down with 31 on he bench. Of course we sub and go 3 Sr guards and 2 seniors in the post and the lead balloons and no closing the gap down the stretch. Same story every damn time.

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: Kevin on February 03, 2018, 04:54:21 pm
The bama guard will crush us also

And Hall for Bama will have 5-6 dunks also.