Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Day on SECN

Started by Hawgphish, July 24, 2017, 11:40:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgphish

Just curious how they go about deciding what games to show.  Currently showing 2014 basketball vs. SMU.  And I notice all the matchups all day are with Texas schools.  Of all the great games the Hogs have been in, I am questioning some of these choices.

31to6

Quote from: Hawgphish on July 24, 2017, 11:40:12 am
Just curious how they go about deciding what games to show.  Currently showing 2014 basketball vs. SMU.  And I notice all the matchups all day are with Texas schools.  Of all the great games the Hogs have been in, I am questioning some of these choices.
Texas market is huge. Arkansas market is just ok. Showing games where we beat Texas teams helps with the out-of-conference perceptions while also giving the large Hog fanbase in Texas something to talk (smack?) about.

Plus, as much as we might find it odd, be honest and tell me that you don't enjoy watching us beat up an old SWC rival? :)

Uncommon

I was thinking about if I were in charge of deciding a 24 hour period of only Razorback football games to be shown on the SEC Network what 8 Razorback football SEC victories would I air.  This is my list based on looking at the last 100 Razorback football games (basically 2009-2016 seasons) and deciding the best SEC victories.  Feel free to share your list of what you think are the best 8 Razorback football games.

November 27, 2010   31-23 #5 LSU

October 8, 2011           38-14 #15 Auburn

November 5, 2011   44-28 #9 South Carolina

November 15, 2014   17-0 #17 LSU

November 22, 2014   30-0 #8 Ole Miss

November 14, 2015   31-14 #9 LSU

October 15, 2016   34-30 #12 Ole Miss

November 5, 2016   31-10 #11 Florida

Kudos to the poster here that does these videos.

AirWarren

dhizzle

All I know is i'm getting an outfit like Lou Holtz from goodwill.

Cinco de Hogo

It's obvious The SEC thinks we should go back to the Big Texas Conference. LOL

Well anyway I got better things to do than set around watching The SECN all day so who am I to care.

hogsanity

Quote from: Uncommon on July 24, 2017, 01:30:38 pm
I was thinking about if I were in charge of deciding a 24 hour period of only Razorback football games to be shown on the SEC Network what 8 Razorback football SEC victories would I air.  This is my list based on looking at the last 100 Razorback football games (basically 2009-2016 seasons) and deciding the best SEC victories.  Feel free to share your list of what you think are the best 8 Razorback football games.

November 27, 2010   31-23 #5 LSU

October 8, 2011           38-14 #15 Auburn

November 5, 2011   44-28 #9 South Carolina

November 15, 2014   17-0 #17 LSU

November 22, 2014   30-0 #8 Ole Miss

November 14, 2015   31-14 #9 LSU

October 15, 2016   34-30 #12 Ole Miss

November 5, 2016   31-10 #11 Florida

Kudos to the poster here that does these videos.

We've been in the SEC since 1992, so you might want to go back past 2010.

92 win over #3 Tennessee at Knoxville. 1999 win over Tn in Fay. 1998 destruction of Bama in Fay. 2006 win over Bama in Fay. 97 win over #11 Bama in Tuscaloosa. 2006 over #2 Auburn @ Aub. Just to name a few
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 24, 2017, 02:20:32 pm

Showing Hog games over Texas teams so they dont show too many total games with MSu or old misses throughout the entire takeover two weeks maybe?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hogsanity on July 24, 2017, 02:22:21 pm
Showing Hog games over Texas teams so they dont show too many total games with MSu or old misses throughout the entire takeover two weeks maybe?

Who know, as someone said it's ESPN...and they ain't been all that bright lately.

gchamblee

I guess I am the only one that is ok with them showing us kick the darn out of the #1 team in the country

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: gchamblee on July 24, 2017, 03:04:01 pm
I guess I am the only one that is ok with them showing us kick the darn out of the #1 team in the country

Well historically your alright with everything so...

gchamblee

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 24, 2017, 03:11:49 pm
Well historically your alright with everything so...

That isn't true...

I'm not alright with civil asset forfeiture
I'm not alright with political violence
I'm not alright with current drug laws
I'm not alright with gun control
I'm not alright with having to wait for the next season of Ozark
I'm not alright with government protected monopolies
I'm not alright with bacon made of turkey

Tusks

I was about to post a new thread, why all the texas love?  There's plenty to go around in the men's sports against the SEC. 
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hawgphish

Quote from: gchamblee on July 24, 2017, 03:04:01 pm
I enjoyed that too.  But now the baseball game is Texas AM from this year...

sowmonella

Quote from: AP85 on July 24, 2017, 02:13:53 pm
Sec takeover day.

Yawn...

But you felt the need to post. What is wrong with you?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

woodhog14

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 24, 2017, 02:20:32 pm

Well anyway I got better things to do than set around watching The SECN all day so who am I to care.

Quote from: hogsanity on July 24, 2017, 02:22:21 pm

The schools are in charge of what is shown on the SEC Network for takeover day...not ESPN or the SEC Network itself.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

There must be a bunch of drug addicts watching the SECN

::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Dr. Starcs

July 24, 2017, 07:25:22 pm #17 Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 07:55:50 pm by Dr. Starcs
Quote from: woodhog14 on July 24, 2017, 04:34:28 pm
The schools are in charge of what is shown on the SEC Network for takeover day...not ESPN or the SEC Network itself.

Is that true? If so, the university need to let someone else pick the games.

Tusks

Instead of showing a baseball game against A/M, why not show the hogs run ruling the future national champs in the SEC tournament.

Tejano Jawg

July 24, 2017, 07:42:35 pm #19 Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 07:53:11 pm by Tejano Jawg
Just tuned in about 15 minutes ago...right now Hogs at Horns in basketball. Mayberry, Day, O, Huery, Howell vs Blanks, Mays, Wright, et al.

Ahhhh yes...it's the "strollin'" game. Nolan is walking off the court right now. Quick, turn it on for Mayberry's 3-pointer!

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

gchamblee

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on July 24, 2017, 07:42:35 pm
Just tuned in about 15 minutes ago...right now Hogs at Horns in basketball. Mayberry, Day, O, Huery, Howell vs Blanks, Mays, et al.

Ahhhh yes...it's the "strollin'" game. Nolan is walking off the court right now. Quick, turn it on for Mayberry's 3-pointer!

i got the feels from that shot like i was seeing it live in real time

bythelake

Man, some of you guys are a piece of work, bitch about everything.  So your point of view is highly discounted.

I'm an old dude so very much so enjoying the basketball game on now.  Penders  versus noland.  Lots of fun watching the may-day games with Miller, huery, and Howell.

Tejano Jawg

Mayberry gets rebound off missed FT with 10 seconds left, dribbles down, covered by 2 guys, pulls up and hits the 3. Clean as a whistle.

The replays of Nolan are so classic...walking off with his coat over his shoulder. The announcers sure it was a protest move—which it was—but I remember Nolan just saying he "felt sick."

This was one of the greatest—well, maybe most EVENTFUL—15 seconds in Arkansas history. So crazy.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

regi

I was thinking the same thing. Obviously it is not a coincidence all these games are against former SWC teams.

Tejano Jawg

Next up—Hogs at Texas Tech in football. Watch the ass-kicking, then try and forget about what happened the next year.

bythelake

Right Jawg, but the second year was painful as I had the luxury of setting by some tech fans.

But I will enjoy this game. WPS.

The Hawg Marshal

Geared for recruiting the state of Texas maybe?

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on July 24, 2017, 08:06:49 pm
Next up—Hogs at Texas Tech in football. Watch the ass-kicking, then try and forget about what happened the next year.

Oh my.   The beginning of 2015 is a big reason why I cannot get as hyped about football. Ill always be excited for just not like in the past.

We received some very rare hype and could have taken advantage of that and came out to crap the bed against Toledo, Texas Tech, and aTm.   I just knew we were about to reel off a 9 or 10 win season then go to a playoff bowl game with the type of talent we had.

If you can win at LSu, Tennessee, and Ole Miss, you should NEVER lose to Toledo and Texas Tech.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on July 24, 2017, 07:54:44 pm
Mayberry gets rebound off missed FT with 10 seconds left, dribbles down, covered by 2 guys, pulls up and hits the 3. Clean as a whistle.

The replays of Nolan are so classic...walking off with his coat over his shoulder. The announcers sure it was a protest move—which it was—but I remember Nolan just saying he "felt sick."

This was one of the greatest—well, maybe most EVENTFUL—15 seconds in Arkansas history. So crazy.

Nolan did and said whatever he wanted to whenever he wanted to do/say it and just didn't care if you liked it or not

I admire that.

Tusks

Isn't there a coach on the AR staff that was coaching for TTech during this game or did I dream that?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: sowmonella on July 24, 2017, 04:22:23 pm
But you felt the need to post. What is wrong with you?

He gave it the old "I'm too good for this" tea-bagging, huh?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

goodguytex

I really enjoyed watching texass get beat by the Hogs in those classic games with Holtz as our coach. Getting to see Jay Bequette, Billy Ray Smith Jr in their prime is fantastic!