Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RIP Former Hog Tennis Player Peter Doohan

Started by ImHogginIt, July 22, 2017, 08:41:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tusks

I was in college at the UA when he finished.  Met him a few times, great guy to me.  I hate that [CENSORED] disease.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

snoblind

RedBird5

pigture perfect

I hate ALS. Watching a friend in last days now. I'm praying for a cure soon. It's too late for my friend perhaps, but soon hopefully.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

yraciv

Peter was the head pro at Hardscrabble Country Club in Fort Smith for a while when I was learning the game. Nice guy, good coach, and best to ever play at U of A I think it's safe to assume. ALS sucks! Prayers to his family.

BigBrandonAllenFan

I'm trying to pin one, but I can't recall a better men's tennis player than Doohan ever at the U of A.  I do remember back when he played at the U of A he got a lot of good press.  Seem's like he won a couple of titles.   

Maybe I'm missing someone else that was better?   

ImHogginIt

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on July 23, 2017, 08:57:30 pm
I'm trying to pin one, but I can't recall a better men's tennis player than Doohan ever at the U of A.  I do remember back when he played at the U of A he got a lot of good press.  Seem's like he won a couple of titles.   

Maybe I'm missing someone else that was better?

Chip Hooper played at the same time and had a decent pro career as a doubles player

ChicoHog

Quote from: tusked on July 22, 2017, 10:44:47 am
I was in college at the UA when he finished.  Met him a few times, great guy to me.  I hate that [CENSORED] disease.
I was there also.    He dated the roommate of a girl I dated in Humphreys in '82.    Really nice guy.  We had a good tennis team back in those days.  Prayers to his family. 

Hooper was also very good.  Big guy.  He lived in Pomfret when I was there for my first two years on the hill in 79-81.