Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema Outlasted Young Critic at Wisconsin

Started by Mike Irwin, July 15, 2017, 09:39:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhogs

Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hawgon

Redhogs

Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Michael_E_Davis

I don't mind people criticizing Bielema,  as long as these people have the same loud voices of congratulations when he does win big game.  But, they don't.  Every time he wins a big game,  there are crickets.

"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

caveman

yep i agree that even a caveman can see this coach is going nowhere

Russ22

Quote from: Sed76 on July 24, 2017, 11:20:07 am
That article was great. Loved the part about the vacant stare when things are going wrong. Can't tell you how many times I've screamed at the TV whenever it shows him standing there looking clueless as to what is happening.
I have always thought it looks like he is trying to do long division in his head.
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

gchamblee

Quote from: caveman on July 24, 2017, 04:49:00 pm
yep i agree that even a caveman can see this coach is going nowhere

i cant explain why, but i believe everything you say.

acey33

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 16, 2017, 09:40:48 am
Here's a fact for you. The SEC in general and the West in particular, wasn't anywhere near as strong as it is today. With as poor of a recruiter as Nutt was (a lot of talent fell into his lap) and as poor of a tactician, he would get his arse eaten alive in the SEC West at Arkansas today.

and if you don't believe this please look at his last couple years @ Ole Piss :puke:

TebowHater

Really was perfect. Comments are also interesting. Adjustments (or lack thereof) certainly rings true.

Also did not realize his 11-16 record vs MSU, Iowa, Michigan, OSU, and Penn State. Big 10 must have been really down in his days outside of them.

LZH

Petrino fired, crazy man as interim, turned down by three or four other coaches....love letter worked. Pretty much end of story.

jgphillips3

That article was spot on. It was fair and pretty much sums up what we have seen.  It's also fair in that it acknowledges he could grow.  We'll know very soon if that is possible or not.

hawgon

Quote from: jgphillips3 on July 25, 2017, 02:28:35 am
That article was spot on. It was fair and pretty much sums up what we have seen.  It's also fair in that it acknowledges he could grow.  We'll know very soon if that is possible or not.

It was written five years ago.  He has now been a head coach for what, twelve years?  At this point he is what he is.  He hasn't learned a thing.  He is the same guy he was five years ago.  It is simply wishful thinking to expect him to change one iota.

hogcard1964

Quote from: hawgon on July 25, 2017, 05:05:37 am
It was written five years ago.  He has now been a head coach for what, twelve years?  At this point he is what he is.  He hasn't learned a thing.  He is the same guy he was five years ago.  It is simply wishful thinking to expect him to change one iota.

There were a lot of posters that predicted our situation 4-5 years ago and were blasted for it. Nobody wanted to hear it.

1highhog

Quote from: caveman on July 15, 2017, 10:54:08 pm
I want  Houston Nutt back here, we fired the guy  with a 10 win season, we  used to be ranked in the top 10. Under Nutt we played for the SEC championship, we knocked off some biggies under his watch. This team is going nowhere just like it has the last 5 yrs. Ranked #4 in the west, we cant beat nobody

Please ban this guy.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: caveman on July 16, 2017, 10:35:05 pm
So Danny Ford recruited players who could play in the SEC, how about a few Nutt recruited, like for instance Bat Man Carrol, Felix Jones, Darren McFadden and Peyton Hillis, Cedric Cobb, Matt Jones. When we went to Texas in 2003, Texas was  ranked in the top 10, Jones and company ran over them like Jr High kids. We weren't even ranked in the top 20. Also we beat a Tenn team ranked in the top 5 in Nutts 1st yr.

Congrats!

You sir, have figured out what virtually all of us either missed or misinterpreted.   That is, King Clown was a mad genius that coached here completely unappreciated.
Wow I feel foolish now.  His antics and vast shortcomings were really just indicators of being an idiot-savant.  SMH.  I and virtually everyone else owe you an expression of appreciation.
So here goes.  XOXO to you, and pass them on for me to Paw Paw and Lily Abner.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Inhogswetrust

July 25, 2017, 06:46:19 am #65 Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 07:22:13 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Hawghiggs on July 16, 2017, 07:15:55 am
So, Bielema kept up with the career of a nameless young reporter who asked him a unfavorable question? That's not petty at all. We don't need to hire Houston Nutt. We seem to have HN 2.0 already.  I now have no doubt that the Razorbacks will win 9 or 10 games this season. That's straight from the Hootie playbook. Give them hope an ask for more money. I think I see Nebraska's plane circling. 

How do you know he "kept up" with it? Maybe he was casually told what happened by someone else and thought it was ironic. Even if he did "keep up" with it perhaps that reporter was a beat writer of the Badgers. If so then I bet coaches know what reporters they see a lot ask them stuff they don't like quite a bit of the time. I remember a lot of stupid or bad things any employee or friend or family member has said to me over the years.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi