Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Matt Campbell

Started by TX HOG, October 14, 2017, 07:06:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TX HOG

I understand he's not the most 'sexy' or popular choice on here but he might be our best option. From my understanding(which is not too extensive) he overachieved at Toledo and he's doing the same at Iowa St. Idk. Seems like a good coach.

Wildhog

He's top 3 for me.  Outstanding coach.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

rtr

Matt Campbell is by far the most accomplished of all the up and comers.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

TX HOG

He's proven that he can take multiple programs and improve them. I feel that's what we need. Just makes sense.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: rtr on October 14, 2017, 07:11:54 pm

Some good coaches have come from Toledo.  Nick saban, Gary Pinkel
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

TX HOG

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 14, 2017, 07:17:23 pm
Some good coaches have come from Toledo.  Nick saban, Gary Pinkel

Read his bio, it's very impressive and Interesting. I just read a bit form Wikipedia. Good stuff.

thebignasty

Think he and Brohm are the two that excite me most.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Wildhog

Quote from: thebignasty on October 14, 2017, 07:22:04 pm
Think he and Brohm are the two that excite me most.

For a team that was just totally outclassed at every position, Purdue put up a respectable showing against #7 Wisconsin today.
1909/1964/1965/1977

BoynamedWooPigSooie

He sure as hell outcoached Bielema. Wasn't even close. Toledo rolled us, we had just enough talent to keep the score close.

Campbell is a heck of a coach
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Tarheelhawg

Campbell looks like a good prospect.  It is good to see a coach with a record of upsets.  Good coaches will always upset a few during the season. 

jjfmetal11

KlubhouseKonnected

I love his tomatoe soup
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Hogwild

+1

Sho Nuff

Matt Campbell, he has turned Iowa State around very quickly.  He also knows how to win in Arkansas😂

TX HOG

I like Norvell he's got a very high ceiling possibly. I don't understand how we can overlook Matt Campbell. Iowa St looks good this year and he's actually recruiting some good talent to Iowa St.

Sho Nuff

Sorry, didn't see the other thread about him.  Feel free to merge.

HiggiePiggy

Right now he would be my #1 choice. 

Ironhawg

Iowa State is handling Texas Tech in Lubbock 24-6 at the half.

Wildhog

Frost/Campbell

Everyone else
1909/1964/1965/1977

Atlhogfan1

He'll probably have options after this season and you don't stay at ISU with better options.  Where would our job fall in those options?   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Ironhawg

Quote from: Wildhog on October 21, 2017, 12:51:59 pm
Frost/Campbell

Everyone else

Iowa State limited TT to 18 yards passing in the first half.  18!

Ironhawg

Frost/Campbell

Everyone else

You mean you don't have Les Miles in your top two?   /s

The Hawg Marshal

He's looking good against little Kliffy today.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 21, 2017, 12:53:21 pm
He'll probably have options after this season and you don't stay at ISU with better options.  Where would our job fall in those options?   

I like our chances on getting a top coach because of the talent coming back.  I believe a good coach can come in right now and win 8 or 9 games next year. Making a change over much easier than going to a school that has terrible qb play. I believe with a great coach we could possibly see Kelley fighting for the Heisman in his junior year. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 21, 2017, 01:05:49 pm
I like our chances on getting a top coach because of the talent coming back.  I believe a good coach can come in right now and win 8 or 9 games next year. Making a change over much easier than going to a school that has terrible qb play. I believe with a great coach we could possibly see Kelley fighting for the Heisman in his junior year.

Should be a good selling point.  A coach should feel comfortable off the field is in good shape and won't need a lot of attention.  This will be a good selling point.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Con el Cerdos

Frost/Campbell

Everyone else

Not to hurt any feelings, but Frost has a better gig in Florida than he would have at Arkansas, which would not likely be a destination job for him anyway.  The second tier players he gets in Fla are better than the coaches have signed here in quite a while.

And If he doesn't do it this year he will move on the an even better program soon.  Probably very much in play with his alma mater Nebraska after this season.

Sweet Feet

You look at his two losses this year at Iowa State, an OT loss to Iowa, and a 10 point loss to an up and coming Texas team. He would be a great coach for Arkansas. If you can make Iowa St look respectable, you can make anyone look respectable.

TX HOG

And he's recruiting. I know it's eaely but he's at #25 Norvell is #75

Grunt

Has my vote.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Ironhawg

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 21, 2017, 01:05:47 pm
He's looking good against little Kliffy today.
`

Iowa State beat Texas Tech 31-13. 

onebadrubi

He will probably be the most coveted coach by top programs.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: TX HOG on October 21, 2017, 02:09:50 pm
And he's recruiting. I know it's eaely but he's at #25 Norvell is #75

Recruiting to a P5 is usually higher than a non P5 school, but I agree that is a really high recruiting ranking for Iowa State. I just hope he isn't cheating to get it done.  Lol

The Hawg Marshal

He would definitely be a strong candidate.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 21, 2017, 02:13:49 pm
`

Heck he beat em 66-10 last year. Bret should have consulted with him before we played em last time.

Tusks

He's a little more accomplished as a HC than Norvell, but Norvell is going to be awesome...somewhere.

Brohm, Campbell, Frost, Norvell.  Each one has their positives.

I like Norvell because he wants the job and he's from Dallas and I think can leverage Texas recruiting better than the others. 

I think Campbell can win over the coaches in TX but it will take a couple of years.  Norvell could hit the area running immediately.

I don't think its fair to say Campbell is at #25 recruiting and Norvell isn't.  One is a P5 program and ones not, you're going to recruit better to a P5 vs a suitcase college like Memphis.

Brohm may be content to stay at Purdue until his 'dream job' opens up at Louisville, but I'd take him.

Frost is going home to Nebraska, unless Nebraska completely blows that hire.

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

factchecker

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 21, 2017, 02:13:49 pm
`

Holding a Kingsbury offense to 13 is impressive.

Campbell is moving up the list.  He is young but he this is his 6th season as a head coach.

The only negatives that Hogville should have with Campbell is the fact that he played defensive line in college and that he isn't from the south.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

GuvHog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 21, 2017, 12:45:07 pm
Right now he would be my #1 choice. 

He would definitely be a good hire, no doubt about it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hogarusa

Basically whoever wins on a Saturday should become a coaching candidate. Bonus points for winning games at difficult locations. Bonus points for winning on the road. Bonus points for being a non P5 coach beating a P5 school
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: GuvHog on October 21, 2017, 02:31:58 pm
He would definitely be a good hire, no doubt about it.

lol.  Go away Guv.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Hogarusa on October 21, 2017, 02:33:22 pm
Basically whoever wins on a Saturday should become a coaching candidate. Bonus points for winning games at difficult locations. Bonus points for winning on the road. Bonus points for being a non P5 coach beating a P5 school
Well Brohm lost to Rutgers Today. So, I'm assuming he's off our list...
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Tusks

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on October 21, 2017, 02:55:58 pm
Well Brohm lost to Rutgers Today. So, I'm assuming he's off our list...

Not off mine.  There's only one coach that's going undefeated and he's not coming.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: tusked on October 21, 2017, 02:57:54 pm
Not off mine.  There's only one coach that's going undefeated and he's not coming.
We're going fire a coach who lost to Rutgers to hire a guy who also lost to Rutgers. Makes sense!
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on October 21, 2017, 03:01:54 pm
We're going fire a coach who lost to Rutgers to hire a guy who also lost to Rutgers. Makes sense!

Lol. You know there is a huge difference in those 2 games.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 21, 2017, 03:04:26 pm
Yea, I believe we played AJ Derby at QB because of injuries.

Hogtimes

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 21, 2017, 01:05:49 pm

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.  He has only played one game

Capt. Hamm

It doesn't matter who we bring in. He won't have any better credentials as BB did before he came here. 

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 21, 2017, 03:04:26 pm
Serious question, whats the difference?

Tusks

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on October 21, 2017, 03:18:50 pm
There are several good coaches out there, finding the RIGHT one has been the problem.  If he is "in play" then maybe a good option but we still have Bert presently with AD Long firmly behind him in all matters .  Will we even have a coaching vacancy?  I'm praying that we do based on Brets performance in year 5, but then again....will AD Long do the hiring?

Too many questions and not enough answers.  I hope Porkatarian is right about Bert going away.

Porkatarian knows all.

Tusks

Quote from: Capt. Hamm on October 21, 2017, 03:14:47 pm
It doesn't matter who we bring in. He won't have any better credentials as BB did before he came here. 

It's not about 'credentials'

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Hogtimes on October 21, 2017, 03:07:26 pm
Let's not get ahead of ourselves.  He has only played one game

A lot of times you can tell if a qb is going to be good or not by seeing a game or 2. We will get to see probably 3 or 4 more games.   Just remember Tyler Wilson.  When we saw him a lot of us felt great about the next season and we ended up going 11-2 that season.  I see Kelley as being a great player before he is done if he has a chance to get coached by a good coach.