Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is your Cinderella?

Started by hawgwild child, March 14, 2018, 10:45:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgwild child

You get to pick 1, who is it.
I got Davidson Davidson going to the sweet 16

tennesseehogwild

New Mexico State ....to sweet 16. I like Syracuse to beat TCU and Loyola to knock off Miami also

popcornhog

Charleston or NMSU.

I'd love to see the hogs make a Cinderella run of course.

Kentucky and Florida could both outperform their seeding in my mind. I like the winner of the Kentucky v Arizona game to go to the final four. It's pretty ludicrous that they'll be meeting in round 2.
WPS

Hawg Red

I have the 7 seed in the East in the Elite 8 and New Mexico State in the Sweet 16.

HAM ELLIOT

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

mizzouman

East TN HAWG

I have Houston and Arkansas as my two lowest seeds in the sweet sixteen. 

Two biggest upsets
UNC-Greensboro over the Zags- Love that team (press)
Charleston over Auburn-Aubbie stinks right now

RagingHawgOn

popcornhog

Quote from: HAM ELLIOT on March 15, 2018, 03:18:40 am
Houston

I do believe that UH could make a run.

I'm concerned that I'm biased in favor of them because the one game I watched them play, they were awesome against us. Haha
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: East TN HAWG on March 15, 2018, 07:37:03 am
I have Houston and Arkansas as my two lowest seeds in the sweet sixteen. 

Two biggest upsets
UNC-Greensboro over the Zags- Love that team (press)
Charleston over Auburn-Aubbie stinks right now

I've got New Mexico State and Charleston as the big first round upsets, so the winner of that game, which I'm back and forth on, will be my lowest seeded sweet 16 team at 12 or 13.
WPS

Mr.Swine89

New Mexico State is a nasty team to face in a tourney situation. I have them in the Elite 8. I also have Charleston beating Auburn

Cotton

"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

311Hog

k.c.hawg

Quote from: popcornhog on March 15, 2018, 09:06:23 am
I've got New Mexico State and Charleston as the big first round upsets, so the winner of that game, which I'm back and forth on, will be my lowest seeded sweet 16 team at 12 or 13.
Quote from: popcornhog on March 15, 2018, 09:05:21 am

I'm concerned that I'm biased in favor of them because the one game I watched them play, they were awesome against us. Haha

That's what I thought the first time I saw them. Probably watched 8 games start to finish and my opinion was only strengthened!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

wildturkey8

Breems

Quote from: popcornhog on March 15, 2018, 09:05:21 am

Nah, they're not bad. Top 25 in many defensive and rebounding statistics, despite being undersized. A couple of solid guards and balanced scoring will help. I may have overestimated their offense, though.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Uncle SI

I know its hard to call #5 seed a cinderella team but I really like West Virg. Playing great ball at the right time of the year. They play fast, score a ton, and a really physical team. Look out for the Big Huggins.
First time, long time, great topic, love the show.

Triple T

ChicoHog

Quote from: popcornhog on March 14, 2018, 11:03:47 pm
Charleston or NMSU.

I'd love to see the hogs make a Cinderella run of course.

Kentucky and Florida could both outperform their seeding in my mind. I like the winner of the Kentucky v Arizona game to go to the final four. It's pretty ludicrous that they'll be meeting in round 2.
Same here.  Auburn is very over seeded and Clemson is a little over seeded IMO.  Very easy top half of bracket for KU.

BDSCT51

New Mexico State and planet Houston. Behind the Hogs of course. I really like what NMSU is capable of.
Bleeding Razorback Red

ChicoHog

Quote from: Uncle SI on March 15, 2018, 11:39:50 am
I know its hard to call #5 seed a cinderella team but I really like West Virg. Playing great ball at the right time of the year. They play fast, score a ton, and a really physical team. Look out for the Big Huggins.
I have them in round of 16.  I can't stand the way they play or Bob Huggins but I think they have a pretty decent draw.  Wich st is very beatable. 

247Hog

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

TushCrush

Not really a Cinderella but I have Texas Tech to the Elite 8. They have the NCAA High Jump Champion on their team. I like stuff like that.

phadedhawg

I think Alabama or Houston could surprise some teams

popcornhog

Quote from: ChicoHog on March 15, 2018, 11:45:39 am
Same here.  Auburn is very over seeded and Clemson is a little over seeded IMO.  Very easy top half of bracket for KU.

I wouldn't so much say AU was over seeded. If they hadn't lost AM, they'd likely not have struggled the last 2 weeks of the season and been a legit two seed.

It's a tough one for the committee — I think they have to seed based on overall performance of the whole season without regard for who may or may not be injured.
WPS

ChicoHog

March 15, 2018, 02:22:14 pm #26 Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 09:06:27 pm by ChicoHog
Quote from: popcornhog on March 15, 2018, 12:37:45 pm
I wouldn't so much say AU was over seeded. If they hadn't lost AM, they'd likely not have struggled the last 2 weeks of the season and been a legit two seed.

It's a tough one for the committee — I think they have to seed based on overall performance of the whole season without regard for who may or may not be injured.
I understand it accounts for the entire season.  that's why AZ st and OU got in for example.  Auburn is different team now so that's why i think they seeded too high-based on right now.  Like UK is probably too low but for the entire season it makes sense.  Plus I can't stand Bruce pearl and i hope Charleston whips them! 

mizzouman

TheRazorback500

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on March 14, 2018, 10:47:48 pm
New Mexico State ....to sweet 16. I like Syracuse to beat TCU and Loyola to knock off Miami also

you got one. Porter Moser doing work.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Adam Stokes

I have Syracuse in the Sweet 16, only because I think TCU and Michigan State are both grossly overrated.

Justagp

Justagp

la20688

Quote from: Breems on March 15, 2018, 03:44:02 am
I have Houston in the Elite Eight.
I concur....Also like Loyola Chicago

tennesseehogwild

Someone should have picked Buffalo. Arizona looks stiff and slow.

hawgwild child

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on March 15, 2018, 10:16:30 pm
Someone should have picked Buffalo. Arizona looks stiff and slow.
Well i did pick buffalo, but i also picked Davidson to then beat them next round to get to the sweet 16

cypert2

Don't know if they really count as a Cinderella, but I've got Kentucky in my bracket to make the Final Four.
Swinging on the two and the four.

JIHawg

sickboy

Quote from: JIHawg on March 15, 2018, 10:53:24 pm
Buffalo.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Good lord, did they just thump Arizona like a red headed step-child.

elkhog

Houston, and that's as far as I put them.
GO HOGS!!!

moses_007

Two Cinderella's -- Loyola-Chicago, and Buffalo.

311Hog

Arizona should be ashamed.  they got blasted.

TexasRazorback

Bacon_Bitz

Adam Stokes

Quote from: Adam Stokes on March 15, 2018, 07:15:14 pm
I have Syracuse in the Sweet 16, only because I think TCU and Michigan State are both grossly overrated.

Boom. If I only I didn't have Virginia winning it all...

ChicoHog

Is Texas A&M this years South Carolina?