Kelley Likely to start Against Auburn and Possibly Ole Miss

Started by tophawg19, October 15, 2017, 08:02:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

leroyhawg

God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

KennyForAD

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on October 15, 2017, 08:04:45 am
Is anyone thinking this is Bret's nice way of benching Austin?

Good Lord, no.  Great coaches would do that.   Jimmy Johnson would have benched Allen in the spring and gotten Cole ready, because that would have been the smart move, and Jimmy would never allow anyone to pressure him.  BB will put Allen back in the instant he's ready to play, because that's the dumb move for the team, and the smart move politically.

Razor1997

Quote from: moses_007 on October 15, 2017, 07:37:36 pm
Let's hope they never ever recruit two brothers at QB again.  The Dick brothers, then the Allen brothers.

Say what you will about Casey Dick, but I will always respect a QB that makes a touchdown-freeing block 50 yards downfield for his running back.

Also, Miracle on Markham III.

Hoggish1

Quote from: hobhog on October 15, 2017, 07:33:57 pm
PLEASE give him quick throw routes and plays so he doesn't have to drop back and look around. AUs defense is as good as Bama and they will blitz all day. We finally gave him decent play calling the last half.

Uh, no.

Rankings side by side in seven defensive categories:

AL   AU
12  31
48  42
1    36
2    9
4    12
7    15
29  30

Hoggish1

Quote from: hawgtime on October 15, 2017, 09:07:33 pm
Kelly was strong, but needed to step into throughs.
he tried to do too much with just his arm. 
i was liking the guts though and he seemed to get better.

1. Did you not notice that AL blitzed right up the middle?  The plan was to NOT let him step up. Against USCe he was able to step up and Bama noticed that they should not let him do that against them.
2. His arm was all we had to work with (see No. 1)
3. I agree, he has a lot of guts.  That will help him this week after getting baptism against the best D.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Jim Harris

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on October 15, 2017, 08:04:45 am
Is anyone thinking this is Bret's nice way of benching Austin?

This is more like God's way of benching him.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

leroyhawg

My last game during the BB era if Cole don't start every game here on out

Navin Johnson

leroyhawg

Quote from: KennyForAD on October 17, 2017, 02:23:54 am
Good Lord, no.  Great coaches would do that.   Jimmy Johnson would have benched Allen in the spring and gotten Cole ready, because that would have been the smart move, and Jimmy would never allow anyone to pressure him.  BB will put Allen back in the instant he's ready to play, because that's the dumb move for the team, and the smart move politically.
I like your way of thinking

Navin Johnson