Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kelley Likely to start Against Auburn and Possibly Ole Miss

Started by tophawg19, October 15, 2017, 08:02:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tophawg19

CBB said that Austin's injury is a swelling kind and could take 1 to 4 weeks to heal. Kelley will be battle tested for next year. He will have faced 3 good defensive lines . He should grow and mature a lot this week and next with the experience . I just hope the O-line doesn't make him hit shy like it has AA
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

NorthDallas40

Is anyone thinking this is Bret's nice way of benching Austin?

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hoglady

Quote from: NorthDallas40 on October 15, 2017, 08:04:45 am

I don't.
Allen looked like he could barely move that shoulder.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

The_Iceman

HOGINTENNESSEE

LRrazorback

CBB doing the next coach a favor by getting Cole valuable experience. Let's hope.

HawgsPolo

Go Cubs Go!!!!!

Jimbob111

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on October 15, 2017, 08:22:17 am
No

I agree. I think it's Bret's way of trying to convince the fans that there is talent there and hope in the future.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hoggish1

Quote from: Kevin on October 15, 2017, 08:50:05 am
I bet Austin is back starting vs ole miss

The Allen era appears to be over—five years of it!

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

arkfan81

At this point, Kelley needs to be the starter. Get him some experience for next season. Let's hope the line shows improvement.
Have faith...

rupert

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Jimbob111 on October 15, 2017, 08:49:09 am
I agree. I think it's Bret's way of trying to convince the fans that there is talent there and hope in the future.
Its amazing that you think CBB is worried about the fans right now.  Those coaches are worried about their team and getting them ready to play and figuring out how to win. 

TeufelHog

GOOD!  It's time to prepare for the future and get him the reps.  Let AA get well.  This team seemed to play harder for CK last night than they have for AA all previous games this season.  Here's the kicker . . . turn CK loose.  Let him run the ball!  Do not hold him back.

OBTW, he needs to lose about 25 pounds which will increase his speed.

Cambridge Hog

if he plays well does he 'Tom Brady' AA? what if we actually beat Auburn? there would be hope that Kelley could get it done vs any of the remaining teams. would be idiocracy to bench him at that point.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hoglady on October 15, 2017, 08:15:37 am
I don't.

As a guy who has one of these...

...I can promise you he is hurting. He couldn't even move his arm at the humeral head. Hell! He barely even moved it at his elbow...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

leroyhawg

God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

leroyhawg

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 15, 2017, 08:02:40 am
CBB said that Austin's injury is a swelling kind and could take 1 to 4 weeks to heal. Kelley will be battle tested for next year. He will have faced 3 good defensive lines . He should grow and mature a lot this week and next with the experience . I just hope the O-line doesn't make him hit shy like it has AA
I hope Kelley is the starter for the remainder of the season, Cole is better than Austin. We all reach this point, with very few exceptions
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

RedyorNot

SquidBilly

I really was impressed with the way Kelley was able to ignore the rush and keep his poise.  I think we see an even better version of him this week after he sees the film and knows he can do it.  Yeah we got beat but he was a bright spot for us.

hobhog

PLEASE give him quick throw routes and plays so he doesn't have to drop back and look around. AUs defense is as good as Bama and they will blitz all day. We finally gave him decent play calling the last half.

moses_007

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 15, 2017, 08:55:16 am
The Allen era appears to be over—five years of it!
Let's hope they never ever recruit two brothers at QB again.  The Dick brothers, then the Allen brothers. 

hawgtime

Quote from: tophawg19 on October 15, 2017, 08:14:00 am
it may have to be if Kelley plays well

Kelly was strong, but needed to step into throughs. he tried to do too much with just his arm.  i was liking the guts though and he seemed to get better.

jgphillips3

I appreciate Austin, but his time here should be over.  He's not going to the NFL.  Cole is the future.  The season is over.  We have nothing to play for but a 6-6 record that is out of reach.  No reason not to get younger guys in there except for guys like Ragnow who will play on Sunday.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on October 15, 2017, 12:41:18 pm

...I can promise you he is hurting. He couldn't even move his arm at the humeral head. Hell! He barely even moved it at his elbow...

Bruh, who put the 240 volt plug in your shoulder and the vacuum cleaner attachment in your upper arm?

Times must be hard for the medical supply company.

Next time just let em know Ingot some copper wire and old beer cans in my garage. Might be able to do something with that. Lol.
This is my non-signature signature.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: TeufelHog on October 15, 2017, 12:37:28 pm
GOOD!  It's time to prepare for the future and get him the reps.  Let AA get well.  This team seemed to play harder for CK last night than they have for AA all previous games this season.  Here's the kicker . . . turn CK loose.  Let him run the ball!  Do not hold him back.

OBTW, he needs to lose about 25 pounds which will increase his speed.

He needs that 25 lbs to help take the hits that he's going to receive from the unblocked defensive players. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

East Clintwood

Quote from: longpig on October 15, 2017, 12:33:25 pm
FFS! Kell E y.   Kelley with two e's. 

Why does this board have such a hangup about misspelled names?

I've never seen it this bad on any other board.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

East Clintwood

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 15, 2017, 12:34:34 pm
.  .  .  .   Those coaches are worried about their team and getting them ready to play and figuring out how to win. 

They haven't done that for 5 years --- why start now.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

jkstock04

Austins shoulder is legit hurt. He won't play against Auburn either.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

smb

GeorgiaHOG

RazorPiggie

Austin never moved his arm when they had him on camera the other night.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 15, 2017, 11:10:29 pm
Bruh, who put the 240 volt plug in your shoulder and the vacuum cleaner attachment in your upper arm?

Times must be hard for the medical supply company.

Next time just let em know Ingot some copper wire and old beer cans in my garage. Might be able to do something with that. Lol.

It sets off metal detectors just fine as it is...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 16, 2017, 12:42:40 am

They haven't done that for 5 years --- why start now.

Procrastinating, ADHD, overweight 40 somethings know why...

Ironhawg

No.  I think AA has had a nagging shoulder issue since preseason and reinjured it.  I hope he can get back to normal before the season ends.

HighcountryHog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on October 15, 2017, 12:41:18 pm

Dude, that's a reverse TSA.  That's for when the patient's rotator cuff is gone/deficient.  No way AA is at that point, yet.
no bumps, no fat chicks

SquidBilly

Quote from: hawgtime on October 15, 2017, 09:07:33 pm
Kelly was strong, but needed to step into throughs. he tried to do too much with just his arm.  i was liking the guts though and he seemed to get better.

He threw a fifty yard strike to Jordan Jones without stepping into it much.  His throw might almost be uncatchable if he steps into it.  He needs to develop some touch on the shorter passes.

iamdent

IMO, AA should do a RW and just step away. Not for the team but for his own future health. No way he is a NFL QB, the season is shot from his perspective, playing pride not worth the damage he takes if he continues to play.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: hoglady on October 15, 2017, 08:15:37 am
I don't.

Me either.  Honestly, Allen's lucky he's not eating through a straw with the beating he's taken.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: iamdent on October 16, 2017, 08:17:29 am
IMO, AA should do a RW and just step away. Not for the team but for his own future health. No way he is a NFL QB, the season is shot from his perspective, playing pride not worth the damage he takes if he continues to play.

He might have gotten a shot at the NFL behind a different offensive line.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on October 16, 2017, 07:51:23 am
It sets off metal detectors just fine as it is...

Sweet. I wonder if they had used parts from a metal detector to fix it if that would set off a metal detector?

Lol.

Degenerative stuff or trauma?

This is my non-signature signature.

SquidBilly

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on October 16, 2017, 08:22:54 am
He might have gotten a shot at the NFL behind a different offensive line.

His throwing motion has always looked kind of odd.  Almost like he is throwing 3/4s position rather than overhand.  And maybe it was the shoulder being hurt longer than we all have known but it seems like it takes a lot of effort for him to make the intermediate or longer throws.

HawgLife

Quote from: moses_007 on October 15, 2017, 07:37:36 pm
Let's hope they never ever recruit two brothers at QB again.  The Dick brothers, then the Allen brothers.

Yeah, let's hope we never have a QB that is 2nd in the nation in QBR his senior year, followed by his brother leading the SEC in passing his first year, ever again. Never ever.

Jackrabbit Hog

1.  I don't wan't Austin Allen to get needlessly beat up.  He's earned a better fate than that.

2.  I like the idea of getting Kelley some experience; would love to see a big game out of him against CC so he can build some confidence.

3.  I hope they stop creating running packages for Kelley.  Yeah, he's big, but he's not Tim Tebow and his main attribute is his arm.  Make him a dropback passer, and work with him on touch and footwork.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

phadedhawg

Whether by injury or merit, Austin Allen is where he needs to be right now.  He shouldn't have to go out there and take a beating when he's already injured.  This season is a loss so might as well get the younger guy some much needed experience. 

With the new coach, and a tested Kelley, Arkansas has a better chance next season.

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

SPAL

Quote from: HighcountryHog on October 16, 2017, 08:02:24 am
Dude, that's a reverse TSA.  That's for when the patient's rotator cuff is gone/deficient.  No way AA is at that point, yet.

Good catch. That is a rtsa. I didn't even notice that scrolling through where it was first posted.