Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Coach is it?

Started by azhog10, October 04, 2017, 02:03:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

azhog10

https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/915588429861277697

Stating a coach impacted the most in the FBI scandal sits in a studio.......any guesses?

Wisco Pig

No, Dodd's tweet states that "One of the coaches impacted the most in the FBI investigation sits in a studio and doesn't coach basketball."

Still a provocative tweet, though.   I have no guesses.

azhog10

Quote from: Wisco Pig on October 04, 2017, 02:07:22 pm
No, Dodd's tweet states that "One of the coaches impacted the most in the FBI investigation sits in a studio and doesn't coach basketball."

Still a provocative tweet, though.   I have no guesses.
From what I'm seeing he is claiming Chip Kelley is impacted the most from all of this. Saying it may prevent universities from hiring anyone with that history.

Wisco Pig

He certainly could be, and probably is, talking about Kelly here.   Dodd has a piece on CBSSports.com today about Kelly, his baggage, and how it relates to the current investigation(s).

UNCLE BACK

chiefhawg

This:

Dennis Dodd‏Verified account @dennisdoddcbs  7h7 hours ago
More
In the midst of Chip-to-Tennessee rumors this week, better consider FBI probe.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/programs-may-be-salivating-over-chip-kelly-but-there-are-obstacles-to-his-return/

onebadrubi

Kelly has always been very vocal about hating college and they way kids have to be recruited. It's why no matter what argument, He's wanting to stay in the NFL.

JIHawg

It's likely Houston Nutt and his Ole Miss fiascos.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 04, 2017, 06:05:13 pm
Kelly has always been very vocal about hating college and they way kids have to be recruited. It's why no matter what argument, He's wanting to stay in the NFL.

Of course he hated it. You would to if you had received a "show cause".
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pancetta

The NFL doesn't want him so if he wants to get back to making $5-$8 mil pee year he will need to get over ot and go back to college. As far as this whole BB thing discouraging schools from hiring him, that is a joke. There are tons of bad actors in coaching that barely win over 50%. I am sure an AD will take a chance on a coach with Chop's winning %.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: azhog10 on October 04, 2017, 02:12:59 pm
From what I'm seeing he is claiming Chip Kelley is impacted the most from all of this. Saying it may prevent universities from hiring anyone with that history.
yep. It's Chip Kelley. Look at the wording, and the rumors, and think about the Nike/Chip relationship and then the abrupt departure. Then remember this FBI undercover probe lasted 4 years, and, well....
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Wisco Pig on October 04, 2017, 02:20:58 pm
He certainly could be, and probably is, talking about Kelly here.   Dodd has a piece on CBSSports.com today about Kelly, his baggage, and how it relates to the current investigation(s).
I believe it 100%. Oregon and Nike have a very unique relationship. Nikes CEO is a grad and their headquarters is less than 2 hours away from the school. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Nike funded that chip Kelly era when Oregon came out of nowhere and ended up playing for the national championship. They have since returned to their former place in the world, however.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.