Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you thinnk we can "sell out" the ARENA for Kentucky

Started by berg, January 28, 2007, 06:55:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: berg on January 28, 2007, 06:55:16 pm
Just thought I would see how excited people are to play Kentucky on Saturday.  Is it a bigger game b/c of their name or just another SEC game that we need to win at home?

I have been disappointed at the home attendance and would love to see an actual 20,000 at the game.

I think it will be full. Everybody always gets up for Kentucky no matter what their ranking is.

We had them beat at Lexington last year and totally blew it. We're coming off a big win too so people will want to get to the Bud to see if Arkansas can bring home a big win or do their regular tetter totter crap that they've been doing the entire SEC year.

Its time Arkansas strings together some SEC wins. IT was a good win Saturday but we're still backed into a corner IMO.

cessna8667

I know that Kentucky doesn't have any tickets available.  I had to give my seats to my the owner of my company who lives in Kentucky.  Before I get bashed... I cannot go this weekend and he knows I have tickets, and asked me for them, so what could I do?

hogdave

It is sad the state that the program is in.  I never missed a game from 94 till 99 and all where sold out.  I remember a waiting list before the season for season tickets.

Oh well.

Hogtropolis™

Again if anybody has any extra tickets please let me know.  Just PM or email me at jmoore618@cox.net.  Thanks.

Bomis Hawg

We need to get a fellow SEARK fan in the seats of BWA!

Oh, the "stadium" should be packed floor-to-rafter. 

20,320 is the arena record.  Let's break that!  And, that record was against Kentucky.  A loss the year we went to the Final Four of the NIT.

hogfankb

Kentucky will probably be ranked this weekend. They were ranked yesterday in the coaches and 27 in the AP (maybe vice versa) and won. I expect they will be ranked in both polls this week.

The Bud should be rocking but like the original poster said. The attendance has not been great even for LSU and Bama. A lot of good empty seats. I will be there in the high altitudes because I probably won't be able to walk in and pick a seat in the student section like I did for the LSU game.

razorpimp

All Kentucky has to do is put ball pressure on Ervin and the sold out crowd will definitely go home disappointed. 

allyoucaneatbuffet

January 29, 2007, 09:33:16 am #58 Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 09:37:01 am by allyoucaneatbuffet
Quote from: hogfankb on January 29, 2007, 09:23:06 am
The Bud should be rocking but like the original poster said. The attendance has not been great even for LSU and Bama. A lot of good empty seats. I will be there in the high altitudes because I probably won't be able to walk in and pick a seat in the student section like I did for the LSU game.

Yes, i think so... Kentucky brings people out like nothing else....

Check it out, from the media guide... look at the top 10 crowds ever... 

allyoucaneatbuffet

Quote from: razorpimp on January 29, 2007, 09:28:13 am
All Kentucky has to do is put ball pressure on Ervin and the sold out crowd will definitely go home disappointed. 

you're kidding?  he handled the pressure pretty well vs bama -- the last 2 minutes when we needed to CALM down, it was ervin who got the ball to thomas for the missed dunk (that became an intentional foul)

the series after that it was ervin who found bev for the FTS

and ervin dribbled out the clock, screaming and dancing with joy when we won on the road :)

Hogtropolis™

I'll have to agree.  That run that Bama went on at the end of the game was due to ball pressure.  If teams run a full court press against us, we might as well forfeit the game.  We haven't proven we can handle it up to this point.  I can only hope that other teams haven't figured that out.

berg

Quote from: red_powerade on January 29, 2007, 08:30:27 am
Quote from: BearclawHogs44 on January 28, 2007, 08:02:54 pm
Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 28, 2007, 08:00:32 pm
Hopefully it will be LOUD.

The students will be doing there part ;)

Oh, Hell yes we will!

As for everyone else....
CHEER LIKE THE STUDENT SECTION!!!!

Make sure and get the students out for the game.  The student section is usally loud but it could be so much better if it were full and they were all standing for the entire game.

jbcarol

Quote from: Hogtropolis on January 29, 2007, 10:20:46 am
I'll have to agree.  That run that Bama went on at the end of the game was due to ball pressure.  If teams run a full court press against us, we might as well forfeit the game.  We haven't proven we can handle it up to this point.  I can only hope that other teams haven't figured that out.

Mr. jb says oh Tubby doesn't like to use that pressure too much like 'ol Rick.  He doesn't like to give up those easy baskets off the pressure.  He likes that "ball line" defense.  Nobody knows what it is but it is the excuse given for why we have to recruit players that can work within it.  Not those fundamental things like shooting, dribbling, passing, or being able to operate within an offense.  If Morris gets in foul trouble they will pack in a 2-3.

With two losses last week KY is not likely to go up in polls.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: The real Hogules on January 28, 2007, 07:29:56 pm
Quote from: silvertip on January 28, 2007, 07:21:37 pm
Quote from: The real Hogules on January 28, 2007, 07:03:16 pm
No, and anyone that thinks otherwise is just deluding themselves.
The only reason that we had as many fans at last years games was due to an outstanding schedule and the hope and excitement generated by Gus and Mitch coming on board.
Next year will look like the Rapture has occured on most saturdays in Fayetteville!

We're talking about BASKETBALL genius.

Hey, smart-@$$ I believe that has already been established, so why don't YOU just butt out???
Come on if you can't laugh at yourself...  You just blamed Malzahn leaving for poor attendence in basketball.  and you assumed someone was looking forward to the AR/KY football game next year...  no one is looking forward to that game except McFadden, he's like "180yds 3tds, that's gonna be a blast!"

Hogtropolis™

Anyone have any tickets to this game?  PM me or email me if you do.  jmoore618@cox.net