Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you thinnk we can "sell out" the ARENA for Kentucky

Started by berg, January 28, 2007, 06:55:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

berg

Just thought I would see how excited people are to play Kentucky on Saturday.  Is it a bigger game b/c of their name or just another SEC game that we need to win at home?

I have been disappointed at the home attendance and would love to see an actual 20,000 at the game.

The real Hogules

No, and anyone that thinks otherwise is just deluding themselves.
The only reason that we had as many fans at last years games was due to an outstanding schedule and the hope and excitement generated by Gus and Mitch coming on board.
Next year will look like the Rapture has occured on most saturdays in Fayetteville!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

HoginIllinois

Oliverhogman

I 'think" he might have been talking about basketball.

Hawgrox

So Mitch is transferring to Kentucky?

You heard it here first folks.....

The real Hogules

Quote from: Oliverhogman on January 28, 2007, 07:05:03 pm
I 'think" he might have been talking about basketball.

Then, sorry about that, but UK does come to Fayetteville next fall, correct?

And as far as basketball goes, I certainly would expect a sellout or close to it for our basketball contest with the Cats.

bradybulhogfan

I think there will be a huge croud. considering that we just beat the number 12 team in the country on the road and have the SEC west lead, I think it will be packed to see us play a good kentucky team. GO HOGS!!

CDubyaP

While the luster isn't what it used to be during the heyday of Nolan/Pitino=Nolan/Tubby I think we will see a rocking crowd for the game...a rival is a rival. If I were near Fayetteville, I would attend FWIW.

silvertip

Quote from: The real Hogules on January 28, 2007, 07:03:16 pm
The only reason that we had as many fans at last years games was due to an outstanding schedule and the hope and excitement generated by Gus and Mitch coming on board.
Next year will look like the Rapture has occured on most saturdays in Fayetteville!

We're talking about BASKETBALL genius.

Hogtropolis™

I think it will be sold out.  I have been trying to get tickets for 2 weeks and Hogwired.com is sold out and I can't seem to find anyone who has 2 extra tickets.  (This is where you PM me or e-mail me if you have two tickets for sale. jmoore618@cox.net)

jkstock04

Also depends on the weather....theres a chance for some bad weather this weekend....if that were to happen it probably won't be a packed house.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

berg

I hope we can fill the stadium.  I am looking for an extra ticket if anyone has one.  It was really dissappointing to see about 16,000 there for LSU.  I hope to see a great crowd there. 

And yes I was talking about Basketball. ;)

Pigonometry

Bud Walton will be full just because it is Kentucky and they only come once every two years.  I've been to every UK game since we joined the SEC and will make the 3 hour drive this Saturday.  Our 2003 team was horrible but BWA was still almost full for the Wildcats..........
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

ally_mcsqueal

Heh, if football games start drawing 20,000 Frank will probably pack Houston's office up himself.  We won't have to worry about buyouts.  :)

The real Hogules

Quote from: silvertip on January 28, 2007, 07:21:37 pm

Hey, smart-@$$ I believe that has already been established, so why don't YOU just butt out???

berg

Quote from: Pigonometry on January 28, 2007, 07:26:56 pm
Bud Walton will be full just because it is Kentucky and they only come once every two years.  I've been to every UK game since we joined the SEC and will make the 3 hour drive this Saturday.  Our 2003 team was horrible but BWA was still almost full for the Wildcats..........

Kentucky is down and I was curious what peoples excitement level was for this game.  

berg

Quote from: The real Hogules on January 28, 2007, 07:29:56 pm

Hey, smart-@$$ I believe that has already been established, so why don't YOU just butt out???

And to think, this isn't even a hugger/darksider argument.

Pigonometry

Quote from: berg on January 28, 2007, 07:30:12 pm
Quote from: Pigonometry on January 28, 2007, 07:26:56 pm

Kentucky is down and I was curious what peoples excitement level was for this game.  

Doesn't matter if they are down --- it's like UNC or Duke coming to town.  It is the game I look forward to every two years.  Barring bad weather, their will be 19,000+ there.........
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

ally_mcsqueal

Quote from: berg on January 28, 2007, 07:31:55 pm
Quote from: The real Hogules on January 28, 2007, 07:29:56 pm

And to think, this isn't even a hugger/darksider argument.

You have to admit, 20,000 at next year's Kentucky game in Fayetteville (football) would lead to some excitement.  Citadel-like excitement.  Sorry...guess I"m the only one who thought that was funny.

wkb

The real Hogules

Additionally, "most" people refer to it as an "arena", when referring to our basketball failities and "stadium" when talking football.
That is what caused my mix-up and sorry for the confusion.

bwbcpa

I'm taking the whole family - eight seats and we will all be wearing Razorback Red - even the Grandbaby! GO HOGS!!!!

NuttinItUp

Pignominious

Ray Biggers' third cousin.

football17

PEOPLE ARE CONFUSED BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL POST SAID "STADIUM"

He means basketball, but Bud Walton is NOT a stadium.

Arena is the correct word.

ak5150

Leading the sec west, Kentucy at home, sat game, This is as good as it gets these days. If Stan can find a way to win this one it will be BIG. If he disipoints a sold out crowd then Feb looks rough for him and the team.

jbcarol

Quote from: Hawgrox on January 28, 2007, 07:06:07 pm
So Mitch is transferring to Kentucky?

You heard it here first folks.....

You can take it to rumor but look at the pros and cons (courtesy of Mr. jb):

In August there was no excitement in their Blue Nation that Andre Woodson was the starter.

The coaches told him to lose the IPod and the XBox and learn to study game film and work with your receivers.  He called the plays at the line resulting in 31 TDs and 7 interceptions against a schedule not as tough as the 'Backs but pretty tough.  Woodson is a senior next year.

Kentucky runs complex routes with a group of talented receivers, uses the tight end as a receiver, and throws to backs including backup QB Curtis Pulley who is an elusive runner.

The OC Joker Phillips is a former Wildcat WR who actually calls the plays and seems to get along well with HC Brooks.  The QB coach was a long-time assistant at Tennessee who got thrown under the bus for their 2005 season and found a home at UK.

The message boards actually engineered an attendance decline of up to 50% of capacity but jumped back on the bandwagon at the end.  They had the biggest tailgates during the games of any SEC school.

Good running back coming back from injury in Little.  Claim to fame is that he is the real life favorite player of the man portrayed in the movie "Radio".

Downside:  OL.  Woodson has 2 to 3 seconds before he is picking turf out of his mouthpiece on nearly every pass play.  The good news is that no one on their Defensive unit graduated this year.  The bad news is that they all decided to come back.  They ran close to last in D-1 all year long.  They can only improve.

As an aside:  Kentucky's special teams seemed to do quite well.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

football17

Quote from: hogapalooza on January 28, 2007, 08:12:57 pm
Quote from: football17 on January 28, 2007, 08:07:30 pm

LMAO!   that is funny right there.

Ok, my head must be stopped up a lot more than I thought it was. Something must have went WAAAAAAAAAY over my head on this one! :)

jbcarol

Quote from: ak5150 on January 28, 2007, 08:22:21 pm
Leading the sec west, Kentucy at home, sat game, This is as good as it gets these days. If Stan can find a way to win this one it will be BIG. If he disipoints a sold out crowd then Feb looks rough for him and the team.

Stan, the way is not a hard way.  Drive into Morris until he gets his 2nd foul early in the first half.  Watch KY go zone.  Watch overrated McDonald's all-americans discover that they cannot take it to the hole against this team like they did against 5'8" guards in H.S.  Reinforce the back iron and glass for the barrage of bricks that will be hurled from beyond the arc.  When Morris checks back in repeat step one.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Quote from: BearclawHogs44 on January 28, 2007, 08:02:54 pm
Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 28, 2007, 08:00:32 pm
Hopefully it will be LOUD.

The students will be doing there part ;)

Even if KY were to get hot early and stake out a lead do not give up do not ever give up!

Consider this theory based on years of observation but no racial statement intended:

Tubby Smith considers himself a mentor to black coaches in the South.  If he gets up 15 - 20 points on the home court of a mentee, he will tend "bring in a fresh five" and call off the 'cats a bit.  Just like I would if one of my former players was coaching against me.  But against Dave Odom and Bruce Pearl he left the starters in and ran it up.  Last week against Georgia he called off the dogs with the big lead against Dennis Felton and then Felton led his team back and got the win at the end.

The students have to keep the team energized and in this game in the unlikely event the KY guards are hot.

berg

You could be a lot louder if there weren't' 800 empty seats in the student section.  I have been very disappointed in the student turnout.

Hogtropolis™

If anyone has two extra tickets for sale, please PM me or e-mail me at jmoore618@cox.net.

berg

Sorry,

I changed it for everyone.  You guys are a tough crowd.  If people had read the post and not the title they would have realized that 20,000 doesn't fill up a football stadium.  

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: berg on January 28, 2007, 08:59:02 pm

Sorry,

I changed it for everyone.  You guys are a tough crowd.  If people had read the post and not the title they would have realized that 20,000 doesn't fill up a football stadium. 
While you're at it you might want to check your spelling of "thinnk"...Just giving you a hard time.  But like I said, I think it will be close to being sold out.  Again, if anyone has 2 extra tickets they are wanting to sell, just PM me or email me at jmoore618@cox.net.

Table Rocker

Kenny Sowers

CMA "We're going to pick them up when they get off the damn bus", in reference to guarding the other team.

jkcrunch

As long as we do not try to set up a protest we should be ok

berg

If this game isn't full then I don't see any other game being full the rest of the season. 

Dwight_K_Shrute

Don't worry about it being a sell out.  If we get 3,000 empty seats or less, Rick S. will deem it the most ever to see a basketball game in the state of Arkansas.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HawgG

There also suppose to be at least two maybe as many as 4 Big-Time basketball recruits at the game as well.Let's hope the outcome is similar to the way the HOGS took apart both Bama and LSU in Bud Walton Arena.Winning is great, winning impressively on the home floor is even better.

ally_mcsqueal

Not confused....just amused.

cityhog

Ross U (HDHF)

Ross U (HDHF)

Mick Hogger

Barring bad weather, I'll be there. Haven't missed one yet.

Everyone knows we can beat this team. The excitement level should be through the roof.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

NuttinItUp

Hog in MO

Quote from: HopelesslyDevotedHogFan on January 28, 2007, 11:08:17 pm
Quote from: cityhog on January 28, 2007, 10:30:56 pm
is the game televised?  anyone?

Lincoln Financial Sports.

Remember when this game was always on Super Bowl Sunday and broadcast nationally on CBS?  Good grief we've fallen off the face of the basketball world.  But at least KY ain't what they used to be either.

jbcarol

Quote from: Hog in MO on January 29, 2007, 03:16:03 am
Quote from: HopelesslyDevotedHogFan on January 28, 2007, 11:08:17 pm
Quote from: cityhog on January 28, 2007, 10:30:56 pm
is the game televised?  anyone?

Lincoln Financial Sports.

Remember when this game was always on Super Bowl Sunday and broadcast nationally on CBS?  Good grief we've fallen off the face of the basketball world.  But at least KY ain't what they used to be either.

Can you imagine in our household between me and Mr. jb that we had a team in the NCAA Basketball Championship Game 5 years in a row from '94 to '98?  We were spoiled.  We won three of those bad boys and the other two were losses at the wire. 

hillhog

My two seats in the thin atmosphere will be filled

red_powerade

Oh, Hell yes we will!

As for everyone else....
CHEER LIKE THE STUDENT SECTION!!!!