Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 16, 2024, 02:12:58 pm

Moderator question

Started by Rzback, October 03, 2017, 05:49:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rzback

October 03, 2017, 05:49:01 am Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 07:47:41 am by Rzback
What are the guidelines moderators are supposed to use to determine posts to trash and merge? I've seen a number of interesting ones just disappear and be destroyed due to being merged or trashed without a word as to where it went or why.
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

Deep Shoat

I'm going to say this one meets the criteria for "Trash"...
All Gas, No Brakes!

East Clintwood

Quote from: Rzback on October 03, 2017, 05:49:01 am
What are the guidelines moderators are supposed to use to determine posts to trash and merge? I've seen a number of interesting ones just disappear and be destroyed due to being merged or trashed without a word as to where it went or why.

I'm going to say there is no real criteria.  Each moderator just has their own ideas and deletes accordingly.  I've sure never been able to see any consistency and the winds seem to change direction often.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Rzback

Kind of what I see but sometimes I get really surprised that a topic I'm following gets merged with one I consider unassociated or just get's trashed because a moderator does not like it for some reason. I was just wondering if they had any guidelines and why they don't message the original poster why they did what they did.
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

PharmacistHog

I usually try to explain but sometimes they need no explanation.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.