Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kingsley

Started by mbgrulz, March 10, 2016, 02:41:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Red

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 11, 2016, 08:58:51 am
Yes he was. And if he is spot on about this one, I'm not sure MA can survive.

I truly believe we are a hands down NCAAt team next year with Moses, Hannah's and I expect Barford to be major impact player. However, take Moses out of that....... and it might get so bad Blu may start leading the time for a change chants.

I wouldn't expect Mike to be able to survive losing Moses. Puts our NCAA hopes at great risk, and Anderson will have lose every single borderline NBA guy he's had while at Arkansas early. That's troubling.

Mike's entire future at Arkansas revolves around Moses staying for his senior year, IMO.

azhog10

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 11, 2016, 08:51:52 am
Lol, Portis did get drafted. But clearly you mean Moses
Yeah, thanks for catching that.

SemperHawg

Gotta think Moses's family situation figures heavily into this decision for him.  Am I correct in assuming most of them are still overseas?

Hawg Red

Quote from: -Blu on March 11, 2016, 08:31:09 am
I wouldn't read too much into that, just yet.  Neither have an offer.  RD even said in the comments on the article they are recruiting both of them hoping to land 1. 

And just from following the recruitment and putting stuff together looks like Watkins went to visit Dembele, and then noticed Zecevic on the visit, because there were no reports of us recruiting him until after he came back from the visit.  Demebele looks like he would be the harder guy to land he's got a pretty solid offer list, Zecevic could be the back-up plan, his offer list only consist of mid-majors right now.

I would assume they are of the mindset right now, if both want to come, that will be a good problem to have and they'll deal with it if it happens.  But, I'd be shocked if they landed both.

Hope you're right.

Danny J

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 11, 2016, 09:05:22 am
I wouldn't expect Mike to be able to survive losing Moses. Puts our NCAA hopes at great risk, and Anderson will have lose every single borderline NBA guy he's had while at Arkansas early. That's troubling.

Mike's entire future at Arkansas revolves around Moses staying for his senior year, IMO.
Was just about to post the same thing again. I have been saying it for several days now and thought I would post it again just for effect. I am glad you posted it again because it needs to be clearly stated that if we lose Moses then 0-4 keeping borderline players under CMA.....that is not good no matter how you(anybody attempting to) spin it.

If Moses leaves then I will give CMA a 50% chance of surviving after next season. That actually may be generous.

-Blu

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 11, 2016, 08:58:51 am
Yes he was. And if he is spot on about this one, I'm not sure MA can survive.

I truly believe we are a hands down NCAAt team next year with Moses, Hannah's and I expect Barford to be major impact player. However, take Moses out of that....... and it might get so bad Blu may start leading the time for a change chants.

Despite what some think about me, I just want the Hogs to win.  I think CMA has earned at least 1 more year with this class he has coming in.  If he can't get to the tourney next year, his time may be up.  Although I would hate to see him go I would completely understand.

And also something I understand that apparently a lot of other fans (at least on Hogville) don't understand.  When CMA leaves it's another rebuild job.  The way some of these other guys post, they act like coaches are lining up to come to Arkansas and it's somebody that will instantly make us good again.  There's no evidence in the last few coaching hires in the SEC to support that theory.  All data suggests we'd be rebuilding just like the rest of them that made coaching changes.

The bottom 5 teams in the conference have all had coaching changes in the last 2 years.  Even Florida, is not going to make the tournament with a coaching change.  And this is a school that's had great success in the past decade.  Billy D left White with a really good recruiting class and good players.  There's no instant success, and even with a new coach there's no guarantees he'll even be half as good as what Anderson has given us.

Danny J

Quote from: -Blu on March 11, 2016, 09:18:21 am
Despite what some think about me, I just want the Hogs to win.  I think CMA has earned at least 1 more year with this class he has coming in.  If he can't get to the tourney next year, his time may be up.  Although I would hate to see him go I would completely understand.

And also something I understand that apparently a lot of other fans (at least on Hogville) don't understand.  When CMA leaves it's another rebuild job.  The way some of these other guys post, they act like coaches are lining up to come to Arkansas and it's somebody that will instantly make us good again.  There's no evidence in the last few coaching hires in the SEC to support that theory.  All data suggests we'd be rebuilding just like the rest of them that made coaching changes.

The bottom 5 teams in the conference have all had coaching changes in the last 2 years.  Even Florida, is not going to make the tournament with a coaching change.  And this is a school that's had great success in the past decade.  Billy D left White with a really good recruiting class and good players.  There's no instant success, and even with a new coach there's no guarantees he'll even be half as good as what Anderson has given us.
Don't disagree at all.....good points especially the first paragraph. He deserves one more year. Just hope he can convince moses to stay.

Hawg Red

I've been very critical of Mike in the past, mostly about recruiting, and I don't take any of it back, but I do want it to work out with him here. But he has to recruit better and more consistently. I also think he really needs to make a staff change. You can't have a stagnant bench, and that's what he has. I'm really hoping some low-major in Alabama makes a coaching change and gives T.J. a call. I think that's the best chance of a coaching change happening on the assistant staff. Now, who does Mike replace him with is the question. I could see Anderson hiring some old former HC like re-hiring Rob Evans or something. Not what we need.

I think if Moses comes back, we look really good for the next two years. Still concerned about his recruiting ability but he does have some good in-state talent already committed for the coming years.

Danny J

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 11, 2016, 09:51:40 am
I've been very critical of Mike in the past, mostly about recruiting, and I don't take any of it back, but I do want it to work out with him here. But he has to recruit better and more consistently. I also think he really needs to make a staff change. You can't have a stagnant bench, and that's what he has. I'm really hoping some low-major in Alabama makes a coaching change and gives T.J. a call. I think that's the best chance of a coaching change happening on the assistant staff. Now, who does Mike replace him with is the question. I could see Anderson hiring some old former HC like re-hiring Rob Evans or something. Not what we need.

I think if Moses comes back, we look really good for the next two years. Still concerned about his recruiting ability but he does have some good in-state talent already committed for the coming years.
We need to hire a up and comer assistant with fire in his belly to go out and snag some recruits. We definitely don't want an old washed up coach who is just happy to sit on the bench and collect a paycheck.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Danny J on March 11, 2016, 09:58:34 am
We need to hire a up and comer assistant with fire in his belly to go out and snag some recruits. We definitely don't want an old washed up coach who is just happy to sit on the bench and collect a paycheck.

That's my fear, that we would finally have an assistant move on and Mike would help out some old coaching buddy.

Danny J

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 11, 2016, 10:17:26 am
That's my fear, that we would finally have an assistant move on and Mike would help out some old coaching buddy.
I posted this about an hour ago in the recruiting forum:

Quote from: Danny J on March 11, 2016, 09:26:15 am
CMA better worry about signing the best players available because his job depends on it. It is going to be year 6 next year and I am sick and tired of hearing about loyalties and "doing the right thing" as far as players and assistants are concerned. I am a CMA supporter but I also want to win. If you think you can get Mcgriff then TELL Manny he's going back to walk on status or ask Jenkins to transfer to a lower tier division where he can play right away and help find him a school. If it were up to me and I could get inside CMA's head and work the controls I would do both those things and go after McGriff and both those Big men because we are likely to see something go wrong in terms of one of the JUCO's or Moses leaving. I have convinced myself of that simply because we are currently going after two bigs(I think with the hope of just signing one).
I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't feel in my gut that next year will be the year that CMA is fired if he doesn't get us back to the big dance. I want him to succeed in a bad way. I like him and I like up tempo basketball.

Dropkick

It appeared to me what little I watched that Moses wore down at the end of the year. I think he hit a wall and lost his legs a bit. He seemed to be a much better free throw shooter prior to the last few games. Just my opinion, could very well be wrong.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Dropkick on March 11, 2016, 10:27:37 am
It appeared to me what little I watched that Moses wore down at the end of the year. I think he hit a wall and lost his legs a bit. He seemed to be a much better free throw shooter prior to the last few games. Just my opinion, could very well be wrong.

I definitely think the tough season and heavy workload caught up to him. We should have 5-6 guys next year capable of scoring in double figures on any given game, so help is on the way. We just need him to come back, and he should want to come back and improve his chances at the NBA. Another year in college will also help his chances of making more money overseas. They value experience over in other leagues outside of the NBA/NBDL.

HawgTide

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 10, 2016, 04:13:04 pm
I don't think Porked is posting that based on what he should do. 

Porked also gets it wrong sometimes. Things change. We will know for sure shortly